Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Che'_Moderator

Fcp Drilled And Slotted P2 R Rotors

Looking form feedback on the P2R rotors from FCP. These could be a great addition to any BBK using S60R rotors. As a special limited time offer to get feedback they are currently $225 shipped with the Volvospeed coupon code. More info here:

http://volvospeed.com/index/s60r_v70r_drilled_slotted_rotors.html

I think http://www.frozenrotors.com/ may be a bit of competition, at $164.42 each, which includes cryotreatment and zinc plating.

IMG_4490.jpg

Sigh. Totally would have bought these when I installed my BBK. I think I paid around the same for standard iPd rotors.

225 shipped vs 330+ ship.... Not seeing it.

Try factoring in 3X the ware resistance which equals three times the life, and they will not ever warp.

I have never warped a rotor on a street car. And any rotor will warp if not installed correctly. And they do not last 3 times as long. Where did you get those numbers?

I have never warped a rotor on a street car. And any rotor will warp if not installed correctly. And they do not last 3 times as long. Where did you get those numbers?

Well, lets see, I'm currently at 360,000 miles, so I have some experience on the frequency of brake repair. Another Nay Sayer, who also is a spec racer, was complaining to me how he goes threw a set of rotors and two to three sets of pads in a weekend. I talked him into trying they, and he now gets three full weekends out a set of rotors and goes through 1/2 the number of pads.

So now it saves pads too. Wow. So cyro treating a rotor makes the car lighter or increases the mass of the rotor? You cyro stainless not mild so it does not even make much sense on paper. But in addition, what gains you get on paper are aspects of expansion. Its why gun barrels are cyro treated. Been a long standing myth its for life span when its actually for accuracy... and gun barrels are usually stainless.

There were problems getting a shipping quote. Please verify the delivery and product information and try again.

If this does not resolve the issue, please call in to complete your order.

But seems like a good deal. Way better than refrigerater rotors

Anyone using them? Reviews?

I have never warped a rotor on a street car.

I have. Napa rotors, on the 850 actually. First time not using performance rotors. First time ever warping new rotors.

http://www.drt-sport...rs-rotors-front

What about these? $160 for the pair. They even have painted hats so they dont rust out in a week.

Myself and a few of my friends have purchased these, and I have no qualms about putting them on any car I drive.

Side note. Every time I ordered a hat color they always come silver. Not Black. Not Red. Silver.

If it matters to you, you might want to email them after placing your order.

So now it saves pads too. Wow. So cyro treating a rotor makes the car lighter or increases the mass of the rotor? You cyro stainless not mild so it does not even make much sense on paper. But in addition, what gains you get on paper are aspects of expansion. Its why gun barrels are cyro treated. Been a long standing myth its for life span when its actually for accuracy... and gun barrels are usually stainless.

NO, actually it creates a micro grain structure by converting left over austinite from the forging / casting process, converting it to martensite which is a more desirable constituent of the steel amalgam. With the micro grain structure achieved by the process, the rotors will dissipate heat more efficiently and pads will last longer. By the way, the world isn't flat.

Gratz you discovered the tempering annealing process. That is not how you temper mild steels though. More importantly tempered steel does not appreciably dissipate heat faster but thanks for playing.

By the way, the world isn't flat.

Damn, I was afraid of taking a cruise for this very reason for such a long time. Lucky for me VS is here to help out. :tup:

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

• Similar Content

• By cryptophilosopher
      selling a set of s60r wheels 18"/7" great condition, straight center hub was bored to 65.1 mm for use on my 98 v70  will fit any volvo with a 65.1 hub or smaller. $800

selling remote fobs, these are all new in box .  the battery's may need to be replaced $25
      i work at a former Volvo dealer and these were some of the inventory left behind 

launch x431 scanner , lightly used  looks new i have all parts and papers, im the original ower and can transfer ownership to you with launch. upgrade able software. matco  sells these scanners now

have original volvo scanner for 96-2000 volvos  v70, s70 ,850 , 740, 960, and others in that time frame. can be used for code reading, date and key programing.

willing to ship, shipping on fobs is $10   the scanner and wheels i need to get a estimate   crypto currency  bitcoin  accepted. email me cryptophilosopher@gmail.com parts are located in concord california

• By Todd Cook
      Good condition.  154,000 miles; timing belt done at 106,000.  Full body kit; tan leather interior; automatic transmission.  Will need tires soon.
      No problem with car other than drivers side window periodically does not function.
      Nashville, TN area.

• By WarmCanadianWinters
      SO
      Just made an account, hello all
      Tryna do some work on my '98 V70R, the timing belt is from 2006 I think, rear brakes are sitting at 10% (So sayeth the local mechanic).
      Gonna pick up the Power Stop Z23 Performance D/S Rotor and pad kit. Couldn't find any note in the service records of the rear calipers ever being replace, (and the first guy who had this car put nearly 18 grand into it) does it need to be done? 
      Also is this timing belt a problem? From what I've read, if it breaks, its a bad time :(

Thanks all in advance. Pretty green to mechanic-ing
      Oh shitters, I posted it twice. Off to a bad start
    • By WarmCanadianWinters
      SO
      Just made an account, hello all
      Tryna do some work on my '98 V70R, the timing belt is from 2006 I think, rear brakes are sitting at 10% (So sayeth the local mechanic).
      Gonna pick up the Power Stop Z23 Performance D/S Rotor and pad kit. Couldn't find any note in the service records of the rear calipers ever being replace, (and the first guy who had this car put nearly 18 grand into it) does it need to be done? 
      Also is this timing belt a problem? From what I've read, if it breaks, its a bad time :(

Thanks all in advance. Pretty green to mechanic-ing
    • By galexie64
      Pulled from another site: "I am now the owner of a 1998 Volvo V70 AWD Pewter Silver/Light Taupe with 191k miles on it. This will be an ongoing project with plans to this becoming a daily driver. I purchased the car on Saturday January 21, 2017 for a whopping $250. The car will need a head gasket (milk shake oil), timing belt kit with water pump, PCV breather system, accessory belt, all coolant hoses, plugs, wires, and cap/rotor. Once I have the head removed I will be able to see if the car needs a head rebuild. The car also need some serious interior cleaning and a left front fender. The car came with good records that ended in about 2011. I'll be contacting the shop that did the more recent work and see if they can give me more info on the car. I'm wondering if the PCV and timing belt were actually done. The car has new brakes and shocks, no oil leaks, no rust, and a fairly clean looking motor. I do need to get an electric fan and replace all the vacuum lines."

I also picked up a set of ABM headlights with HID conversion for $100 from the guy.

I'm sitting at a total investment of $420 including the rental trailer. This should be a good project car.
      My first project was the interior. I started by vacuuming the carpets only to find out I had to pull the seats. After pulling the seats I found the center console needed to be pulled. After that I found I needed to pull the carpet to clean the pad. After that I found I needed to clean the metal pan. I don't know how anyone could keep their car this dirty. I'm not going to be able to save the carpet and I'm going to need to source a clean used carpet.

Under the rear seats:

Rear floor:

Under the driver's seat:

What the car looks like after:

After a whole ton of work and pulling stuff from the junk yard. I have a really nice clean interior.