Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

misa

Fuel Pressure Regulator?

Is this fuel pressure regulator or what?

post-29807-0-05088200-1318374231_thumb.j

My car have Motronic 4.4 and i have fuel pressure damper at fuel rail.

So,what this can be?It's located just besides fuel filter at right rear wheel area?

No, that looks like a in line fuel filter.

I was just thinking the same thing - maybe someone spliced in a fuel filter.

I was just thinking the same thing - maybe someone spliced in a fuel filter.

No guys.It's not spliced in fuel filter.I own the car for 11 years and i bought it from a friend.Everything on the car is a factory setting.

It's not even connected to a fuel feed line.It looks like it's connected to a line which goes to a charcoal canister-towards the engine and....to the return line of the fuel pump housing-towards the tank.

Just to refresh a topic...car have a non-return fuel system and have fuel pressure damper at fuel rail.It's Motronic 4.4.

Is it possible that one car with Motronic 4.4 have fuel pressure damper at fuel rail and somewhere around fuel filter area to have fuel pressure regulator?

Can it have both of them or just one of them?

That pic is the check valve for the return line

Untitled.png

FPR is under the rail

Untitled-1.png

I don't get it.

The return line is 18.

But OP's pic is showing the inline thing down around 27-28-29. How does that section fit into the return line?

Untitled.png

FPR is under the rail

Untitled-1.png

Nope...the car have non-return fuel line & have fuel pressure damper/apsorber at fuel rail instead of fpr.

Maybe the U.S spec.cars have different set-up than european.

My '97 850 GLT (LPT) has the fuel pressure damper on the rail and has a fuel pressure regulator down below and just to the rear of the engine. It looks like your unit, but is not as close to the fuel filter (my fuel filter is back by the passenger side rear tire).

My '97 850 GLT (LPT) has the fuel pressure damper on the rail and has a fuel pressure regulator down below and just to the rear of the engine. It looks like your unit, but is not as close to the fuel filter (my fuel filter is back by the passenger side rear tire).

Mine is non-turbo and fuel filter is,like on your car,besides right rear wheel.

I DON'T have fuel pressure regulator nowhere,i just have fuel pressure damper at fuel rail.

What year car are you talking about? Little more info would be nice. Guessing it's not a FPR though, no vacuum it looks appears.

What year car are you talking about? Little more info would be nice.

If you look closer...everything is in the signature. ;)

Thanks erikv11. ;)