The fact of the matter is the country is so far in debt that we are never going to dig ourself out, so they try to pass laws like these to get their foot in the door and then take complete control over the whole internet for revenue purposes. This bill isnt about pirated movies or music its about taking away more of our freedoms. I mean look at this bill which passed which gets hardly any coverage by mainstream news http://thinkprogress...bill/?mobile=nc it takes away our freedom to a trial or free speech. The only reason I can see this bill is they know their is going to be a war or a uprising, its pretty scary. I believe the sopa bill is the last resort to block the alternative media who reports on the real issues and what really is going on.

So what kind of hat do you wear?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So what kind of hat do you wear?

No hat chuck, I am not going to get in an argument with you as I see you are all about it, afterall you are a mitt fan, I mean if he could do a speech without a teleprompter maybe I could take him seriously. I tell people to think for themselves and look up all the facts yourself, not speculation before deciding on something. I dont buy into the political bull left or right or in between because the special interest run America not a president. To the people who like Ron Paul on here I support some of his ideas but he will never have a shot because he is not in the club. Its funny how members on here attack each other because they either think left or right. Remember the old saying divide and conquer and that is what the government has always done to get what they want as it makes no difference

• Upvote 2

New York Times

Phone calls and e-mail messages poured in to Congressional offices against the Stop Online Piracy Act in the House and the Protect I.P. Act in the Senate. One by one, prominent backers of the bills dropped off.

First, Senator Marco Rubio of Florida, a rising Republican star, took to Facebook, one of the vehicles for promoting opposition, to renounce a bill he had co-sponsored. Senator John Cornyn of Texas, who leads the G.O.P.’s Senate campaign efforts, used Facebook to urge his colleagues to slow the bill down. Senator Jim DeMint, Republican of South Carolina and a Tea Party favorite, announced his opposition on Twitter, which was already boiling over with anti-#SOPA and #PIPA fever.

Then trickle turned to flood — adding Senators Mark Kirk of Illinois and Roy Blunt of Missouri, and Representatives Lee Terry of Nebraska and Ben Quayle of Arizona. At least 10 senators and nearly twice that many House members announced their opposition.

“Thanks for all the calls, e-mails, and tweets. I will be opposing #SOPA and #PIPA,” Senator Jeff Merkley, Democrat of Oregon, wrote in a Twitter message. Late Wednesday, Senator Charles E. Grassley of Iowa, the senior Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee, withdrew his support for a bill he helped write.

The existing bill “needs more due diligence, analysis and substantial changes,” he said in a statement.

Guess we will see what happens in the coming days.

Found ThePirateBay's response.

http://static.thepiratebay.org/legal/sopa.txt