Sign in to follow this  
andyb5

Andy's 1999 V70 R

Its good to see a fellow Rhode Islander getting into the turbo world, its much better. The car looks great and im glad to see you taking care of all the maintenance first you will be glad you did. Let me know if you ever need a hand or a spare part I may have, im only in RI a few months out of the year but might be able to help some time. Good luck with the new R.

• Upvote 1

Looks good Andy, nice start, I didn't realize you just got the car. I also have rust issues with my driveshaft center carrier, I think they just get packed up with salty crap from the roads and rust away. I need to get a new one soon.

What are your plans for suspension? Cause you need to lower that ASAP! :P

Very Nice! It's the right color too!

Sucks about the oil pan, just shows you can never be too careful when working on it. The manifold banjo is much easier to address if you just unbolt the PS pump (3 easy to access bolts) & move it aside. Hopefully the JB will hold up over time. You may want to source a replacement oil pan now as a backup...

Sucks about the oil pan, just shows you can never be too careful when working on it. The manifold banjo is much easier to address if you just unbolt the PS pump (3 easy to access bolts) & move it aside. Hopefully the JB will hold up over time. You may want to source a replacement oil pan now as a backup...

Much, much, much easier.

no problem andy and H he has a oil waiting for him in my parts bin just in case he needs it i told him its only a temp fix but it seems like its been working great! but if needed i have the oil pan for cheap :)

we need to do a photo shoot sir!

Woot woot on the ride brah

Welcome to the V70R AWD club. As for lowering, you only have a couple of options and they are expensive. Ask EVL Wagn and lookforjoe about that. They are very well versed in that area. I'm still saving my pennies for that.

• Upvote 1

Its good to see a fellow Rhode Islander getting into the turbo world, its much better. The car looks great and im glad to see you taking care of all the maintenance first you will be glad you did. Let me know if you ever need a hand or a spare part I may have, im only in RI a few months out of the year but might be able to help some time. Good luck with the new R.

Thanks man, sounds good. I'm only in RI for the summer, I'm usually away at school in NY

Looks good Andy, nice start, I didn't realize you just got the car. I also have rust issues with my driveshaft center carrier, I think they just get packed up with salty crap from the roads and rust away. I need to get a new one soon.

What are your plans for suspension? Cause you need to lower that ASAP! :P

Apparently the original center carriers weren't galvanized, and replacement ones are, so it'll hold up much better. Be sure to replace yours before it breaks, boy did the sound scare the crap outta me! 

Very Nice! It's the right color too!

Thanks H. I'll be sure to remember that if I need to pull the intake mani again. And I plan on replacing the oil pan this summer when actually I have time to do it. Going to do oil pan o-rings, etc at the same time.

Fun platform to start with. Glad to see the important bits are functioning. Can't wait to see the progress.

Thanks!

no problem andy and H he has a oil waiting for him in my parts bin just in case he needs it i told him its only a temp fix but it seems like its been working great! but if needed i have the oil pan for cheap :)

we need to do a photo shoot sir!

Just saw your pics, S70 is lookin good. Like I said earlier, I'm planning on replacing the oil pan this summer, so you'll be hearing from me haha.

I'm definitely game for a photoshoot, I just need to actually wash my car :rolleyes:

Woot woot on the ride brah

Thanks!

Welcome to the V70R AWD club. As for lowering, you only have a couple of options and they are expensive. Ask EVL Wagn and lookforjoe about that. They are very well versed in that area. I'm still saving my pennies for that.

Thanks man! Oh yeah, I've been doing my research--nothing for these cars is cheap :dry:

Nice car and good job fixing it up. I think I can compete for "longest time to do pcv job on vs" - just ask my wife how long she couldn't drive the VR after I "bought it for her". But hey, while I was in there I cleaned everything else and replaced a lot of rotten wire loom.

Nice! I got the same color interior (mines not a R, and didnt know these model Rs came with blue face gauges), and had to overhaul the pcv as well. brittle as glass. lol

didnt know these model Rs came with blue face gauges

Easy upgrade. Keep checking the FS threads. When you find a R cluster, all you need to do is swap the gauge faces. I added the trim rings at the same time.

Easy upgrade. Keep checking the FS threads. When you find a R cluster, all you need to do is swap the gauge faces. I added the trim rings at the same time.

Easier to just swap the entire gauges from one cluster to the original - no messing with the faces & needles. Just transfer the trip computer to the R speedo

perfect time to add the trim rings

IMG_6578.jpg

Easier to just swap the entire gauges from one cluster to the original - no messing with the faces & needles.

I guess thats what I did too. Cause I don't remember fussing with the needles.