Next President

2012 President  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:lol:

Mike, get your facts straight. At 55,000 sq ft the White House dwarfs even Romney's sizable residences. Even if you combined all of his 5 most recent homes you wouldn't come close to that big:

http://www.whitehous...y_facts-01.html

http://www.zillow.co...omneys-6-homes/

It doesn't have a stable.

It doesn't have a stable.

There used to be stables and there always could be a new one built. I see the demise of the Rose Garden in the future if Romney is elected. :blink:

Then again, given the proximity of the Army's Old Caisson Platoon stables Ann could still get her ride on without trouble.

romney/ryan are coming to pittsburgh soon, they are speaking at my friends family steel company.

should i go ask them about AKINS crazy remarks?

Akins is a right wing imbecile and has no reflection on what Romney believes. What Doctors told him that the female body has a means to eliminate a fetus in the case of rape? It's true that emotional stress can lead to a miscarriage but there's no lever a woman can pull to make that a certainty.

Especially as a Mormon, Romney comes from a more moderated perspective where his faith, unlike the Catholics and many Evangelical faiths, states that abortion is inappropriate except in the case of incest or rape or where the health of the mother is in danger.

Highly unlikely unless Romney funded the whole thing himself.

Just saying there's historical precedent. :lol:

There used to be stables and there always could be a new one built. I see the demise of the Rose Garden in the future if Romney is elected. :blink:

Then again, given the proximity of the Army's Old Caisson Platoon stables Ann could still get her ride on without trouble.

Not to mention the boatload of pretentious horse farms southwest of town!

(Romney's would do well rubbing elbows in Middleburg.)

As an aside, I can't watch any TV these days.... the ads and prognosticators are killing me. Shit upon shit!

Regardless of your persuasion, It'll be wiggy regardless of who wins. Keep your head down.

Me? I'll vote conservative while the wife votes lib... total result - net zero.

I'm just trying to make sure my house stays in order. :D

What do people have against Romney having money? He didn't do anything illegal to obtain his money. Everyone is just pissed that he is rich, who the freak cares? So lets say he has 100 houses, did he obtain them illegally? no. Can anyone do that? yes.

• Upvote 2

I personally have no problem with anybody's wealth. I have a problem with playing tax games the rich/super rich do.

i think his investing in cayman islands,swiss, bahama's and then transferring to his wife the day before he announces is bull shit.

writing off 77k per year for your olympic horse under the guise of MS therapy----bull shit in my world

starting with a tax rate of 15%, this was for people who are actively investing money, romney is mostly in a maintain position and not gambling large sums.

we need tax reform, i'm for a sales tax, but i'll live with a flat tax. no write offs. the rub of this believe is the 99% generally spend their entire pay check on life. they are not paying tax now or little, with them spending their entire check on gas, food etc. they will be taxed greatly. so i guess you need to have a line where they get their tax amount back, or something similar.

i don't think anybody believe's he's done anything illegal, i bet his bill for his CPA/team is more than the 99% make lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What do people have against Romney having money? He didn't do anything illegal to obtain his money. Everyone is just pissed that he is rich, who the freak cares? So lets say he has 100 houses, did he obtain them illegally? no. Can anyone do that? yes.

Some people are probably just jealous, yes. But I think the slightly more intelligent people dislike him and his money because they feel the system is broken, and that the only reason he and many like him and continue making the enormous amounts of money they can is because a lot of "loophole" type things are legal. They are concerned that someone like him being president means that will continue or get worse. I'm not saying I agree (or disagree), I'm just saying why I think most people don't like him.

Also, as you said, can anyone do that? I think most people believe that the state of the current system, including the financial market, and the inter-ties between big corporations and politicians doing favors for them, private-market trading, insider trading, oligopolies, and groups like the FCC and the SEC seemingly having no power, not enough talent, or a combination of that being near-useless means that it really isn't something that can be duplicated without connections to politicians. So can "anyone" buy off a politician? Apparently.... but I don't think that's the "anyone can do it" system "the people" who dislike Romney want.

I'll use a personal example I do believe is a problem. First I should explain that I'm a big fan of flat tax rates, and maybe even flat tax (no rate, just flat). I don't get why I pay a higher tax rate than he does. Could I do what he does? Maybe, but it would cost enough that it would eat any potential return.

Fuck, it sounds like I generally agree with Mike politically. Maybe I need to take a deeper look at my views :P

Fuck, it sounds like I generally agree with Mike politically. Maybe I need to take a deeper look at my views :P

lol, i'm very conservative economic's(( my degree is actually in economics)) wise.

socially, thats where i veer off from many here lol.

I'm going to be voting independent for 2 elections in a row now

kevin, i'm going to pick on you, but nothing personal, i'm just using you as an example.

You, if anybody should be voting for obama. with your current career trajectory and thoughts of getting out of the service early etc , WHAT HEALTH CARE do you think you will have?

you're not in college( i don't believe you will qualify for GI Bill), your too old for you parents program. unless you find a good job( with current conditions,looks unlikely), you wont have health care at all.

vote your heart, but vote with your brain also. ;)

It has nothing to do with the fact he is super rich. All presidents for quite some time have been millionaires before running for office. Part of it is his refusal to release his tax returns. Maybe there really isn't anything to see there, but the fact he won't show them and other do leads people to believe he is really hiding something. Especially so given that his father set the precedent of releasing 10 years of returns.

And I agree with what has been said above; he is seen as part of the financial problem, not the solution.

• Upvote 1