Sign in to follow this  
tuner4life

Tuner4Life's 1998 Saffron C70 Progress Thread

Thank you!

I'm using the Maxpeedingrods coilovers. I know they are cheap, but when the cost is less than a pair of Koni shocks, I won't be out too much if they don't last. I did ride in a car that had them and it rode surprisingly well. Firm and planted, but smooth. They also seem to have positive reviews among the P80 Facebook communities as well. I guess time will tell.

Edited by tuner4life

This thread is so helpful. I just got my C70 a few months ago and I'm trying to learn as much as I can. My sound dampener in my front right strut isn't working anymore. (creeks on bumps) I went to les swab and they want around $500 just for the front struts. I was coming to the same conclusion you did. why pay for stock when an upgrade is even less in some cases than going near stock. Great thread, I love to see what my car looks like in more of an orange color. I do love the blue on mine though. I have a feeling I'll be referring back to this thread quite a bit. 

Well, this has gone about as well as the rest of 2020.. Between Covid, work situations, and a divorce that God willing will be final soon, this project has kind of been on the back burner. Hoping to have it all back together and better than ever by spring. Here's to build season! 🍻

This was the result of several evenings work. If you know, then you know.. 🤣  What a pain!

PXL_20201116_003635494.jpg?width=1920&he

• Upvote 1

i am tempted to pay someone to do these - i have the tool too new in box lol i just dont want to do it haha

i hope you have a good build season - sorry you are going thru all that shit

• Like 1

They are a huge pain even with the tool, but it's doable. There is no way I would have tried without the tool!

Build season should be good! Finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with everything else and things are looking up. This thing will live again soon ;)