If any of those apply to you, read on but first....
YOU WILL NOT GET NOR WILL YOU PUBLICLY POST SHARING OF COMMERCIAL SOFTWARE FROM THIS SITE!!!
You will need to get the following
- Windows XP Pro or Windows 7 Pro 32 bit. No Ultimate, No Vista, No Home, No 64 bit
- Dice scan tool found here http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/437145144-DHL-FREE-SHIPPING-Wholesale-2012-hot-sale-Volvo-Vida-Dice-2011A-professional-diagnostic-tool-Best-price-wholesalers.html
- Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML) 6.0 file name msxml6.msi http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=3988
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition file name SQLEXPR.exe http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=21844
- PC Rquirements are 16GB of drive space, 2GB ram and some sort of fast processor. i bought this http://www.asus.com/...rformance/X54L/
- Internet Exporer 8.0 or newer
Installation Recipe for a sucessfull install
- Load up a virgin Win7 Pro 32bit, dowsnt have to be a clean install, just something that never had SQL and XMl stuff installed before
- ***NEW**** TURN OFF FIRE WALL AND USER Account Control Settings to OFF
- Install MSXML 6.0, what it does i dont have a clue
- Install SQL Server 2005 Express another, i have no idea WTF it does. When it installed, the setup check for required files and once it past registration the next window was feature selection. Click on the "X" for client components go down to "Entire feature will be installed on local hard drive". Click next and next and next till it installs leaving everything default. After install
- Open Microsoft SQL Sever 2005, Configuration Tools, then open SQL Server 2005 Surface Area Configuration
- There will be two choices on the bottom Click on Services and connections
- Another window opens up and on the left it says SQL server Browser. click on it and on the right you will see start up type highlighted on disabled. change it to automatic
- Install the Vida software. I used 2011A, so i have no clue what other versions do or how they install.
- there will be three choices when you get past the computing system requirements part. If you system meets requirements then it will get you to the three choices
- choose the top choice that installs everything. if it does not error out it will take a good 15-20 minutes to install depending on your system. Go get a beer, you are almost done
- If it ask you to reboot Vida and Vida checks out. reboot
- Once it reboots, here where you need to turn off the internet connection and things get sticky. You need to read the file that came with your Vida disk, usually a read me file
- Before you do what ever the readme files tells you to do, wait for the little vida icon in the task bar to go green. You might also get a eupdate icon too, dont worry about that one.
- Once it goes green then follow the read me file.
- You back from the read me file? Click on Vida-All-IN-One
- Internet explorer will open up with Vida login. Your login info usually is in the readme file on the Vida disk you got.
Got my DRL's turned off on the 05 V70R last night as well as SUM recalibration...Those are going to be for another topic.
Got sent a laptop to try and do this. Fussing with it for 2 days and finally figured out that since it was NOT my laptop i did not change notification settings. i left it default. changed firewall to off and user account settings to off. now it loaded fine. ARRG.