Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ghost Shadow

Vida Dice How To, Where To Buy, What To Get. Its In Here

Hello all,

I see these are coming with 2012A now in eBay...

Any idea if 2012A will work with W7 home? Would like to use my normal laptop , but have no interest changing the OS...

Thanks,

Joe

update with regard to software loading and non oe dice. it seems if you buy a 3 day subscription and try to load software the system looks to see if the dice is oe or clone and if clone will not complete the download.

this is new since the last time i loaded with non oe dice unit...

I can't seem to get the patch to install. I really have no idea what else to do, it anyone has a suggestion.. ?

Win7 professional 64 bit. I've installed VIDA, patch opens directory is right for Vida but the patch just doesn't seem to install..

I've got plenty of laptops with plenty of different OS'es to try, so my computers have no bearing on what version is best... however:

Will the 2011A software with the unit from aliexpress do pretty much everything I'll need? There's a '99 S70, '99 V70 and '00 S80 in the family currently. S80 has an SRS light I'm looking to get rid of at the moment. As long as it doesn't require a download I'm good right?

2012B requires a bit of tinkering to get it to work, mostly on the SQL side. I have 2012B working here, and as said before, fake dice = no go on 2012B forward as far as I can tell. 2012A was okay with fake dice.

does that WSLogin window open up when you guys start Vida? Everytime I start Vida that window opens asking for username and password when I type in "Admin" on the previous Vida window...when I close the WSlogin window it comes back with the Non Valid Subscription error.. The patch seem to go thru flawless. Installed to C:>Vida. Did I dod someting wrong?

thanks UB

• Similar Content

• By Pops Racer
      I took the plunge on one of these. It is the latest and greatest revision, ARM 16 with the integral CANBUS.
      On the CANBUS harness, there are 2 identical black connectors that plug in to the HU  sockets. 
      ETA
      upon further investigation this dope discovered these connectors are keyed differently. Installation is obvious...for some people

• By Caffiend
      I need to get a code reader to help me track down various issues, the most vexing of which is my ABS and TRACS shutting off every so often after I feel the system test itself brief vibration on brake pedal). I know that the ABS module tends to fail on these cars but the fact that it happens inconsistently and always after a test cycle seems to say that it's a problem with one of the wheel sensors and I'd like to figure out which.

I've done a bunch of searches and have basically come up with an overwhelmingly confusing amount of information and alphabet soup on DiCE, VIDA, VADIS and whatever else. I'm not sure what would even work with my car. AFAIK most generic OBDII readers won't handle Volvo ABS codes, which leaves me looking for something Volvo specific hopefully without spending much more than $200. I really like the idea of VIDA, but would it even work with a car as old as mine?

If it helps, I have a Macbook running OSX 10.9.4 and a 6 year old HP with Windows 7 Home Premium.

Thanks for the help, it's been really confusing trying to sort through all this!
    • By Max Meade
      Quick question for you guys!

So I just ordered some gauges and one of them is a voltage gauge. When I was going through and setting up some of the wiring tonight, I came across a problem that might persist, one that I am not quite sure how to fix. So basically, I want to hook up the two gauges so that when the interior lights are dimmed using the dimmer, the backlights will dim as well. I have seen this before and it seems relatively easy. I have the boost gauge install all figured out but the volt gauge I am not quite sure on for one reason. That is, how is the volt gauge supposed to read accurately if the positive is connected to the positive feed in the dimmer switch and the negative to ground? Won't the positive feed change depending on the dimness that the switch is set to? If so, is there any way I can go about fixing this? I know the gauge I ordered has a black and a red wire coming out the back.

Thanks,

Max
    • By Max Meade
      Hey guys!

So I am interested in installing a boost gauge on my car and in the process of planning how to do it, there has been one thing that I want to make extra sure I do right, because I don't want to screw it up! I am pretty new at this sort of thing so I'm sure you can understand... Haha!

My question is, where in the engine bay is the vacuum line that I connect the boost gauge piping to? If you can post a picture of the vacuum line that I will snip and connect the fitting? It would be helpful if you could post a picture of the installed fitting. My car is 1998 Volvo S70 GLT SE, if you didn't see that in my signature.

Thanks so much!!

Max