Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Bondo

What's The Latest On Manual Swapping My2000 (Me7) Cars?

The auto tranny in my 2000 V70R is dying. Only has 3 speeds now.

I need to either sell it at a loss, part it at a loss, or so something awesome to it.

So can Lucky/ARD modify an ME7 ECU to function without codes to do this? I read a post from Lucky about it suggesting it was doing abeit with a loss of cruise control and maybe needing to hardwire the reverse lights....

Thoughts?

I could potentially turn this into a little project once my BMW is done. It would like involve a non-volvo transmission. :) I can deal with anything mechanically/electrically but we have emissions testing here (checks for codes/readiness monitors) so the ECU part is the lynchpin for me.

What say you?

Read through That may answer some questions you have. In addition, one of the questions I asked Lucky:

"Do you know if the equipment necessary is the same as the 850 swaps, or do I need extra equipment (i.e. tcu and other electronics because of ME7)?"

He replied with:

"About the same but a few extra steps with regard to wiring, nothing major though. I can guide you as you get to those steps.

As for tuning, be happy to help, just keep me posted and I'll get you setup when you're ready!"

Hope this all helps man!

Lucky can do it. You will need to add a clutch switch, and add the wires for the reverse lights. I'm unsure about cruise control functionality, I didn't ask Lucky when i PM'd him.