Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Volvo5.0

Manual Swappers - Cel For Missing Tcm....fix

To be honest... I didn't realize how much I needed an ECU with a manual tune after my swap until jnderr hooked me up with one (using is mad skills)

It runs better... and in my opinion, the fuel economy was better. Just my .02

No doubt the manual ECU would be better suited to his car now but, like you said, you didn't realize how much you needed a manual ECU until after you got one. Which means the car runs well with the auto ECU in it as well, and it does.

For people like my son who are planning upgrades soon or people that have a tune already that they like, and have decided to do a manual swap, this might be a way to keep the annoying CEL off after the swap.

Please do go on....

I'll talk with my son this weekend and have him check for codes again. If it's still OK I'll update my first post with instructions on how to do it.

Did some research on vadis. Looks like if you apply 12v to tq1 pin and tq2 pin ir should stop the code from throwing because 1 to 2v below bat which 12v shld be good enough means no torque limiting. You maybe need to put a diodeor ground the acknowledgement pin.

Updated the first post. All the information you need (and probably some you don't care about :D ) is there. If you get bored just skip to the end.

*yawn* why? Just run the right ecu...

It's always nice to have an alternative, right? Especially one that's FREE!! :)

wont a manual ecu from england or sweden not work with the obd2 reader that the smog guys use?

So... you want through all the trouble to swap the transmission in the vehicle from an automatic to a manual... and you don't want to pull out an ecu and replace it with another one? :glare:

Seriously. Get an ECU. You won't be sorry.

If you are electronically and computer inclined look into motronic suite. Its free tuning software for motronic 4.3 and 4.4 and me7 is in the works.

While I've never used any of the map tuning features I have used it to flash a few ecus.

Using a blue odb II vag-com cable off ebay, A 12v power supply, and an 850/X70 wiring harness pigtail you can flash your ecu with another stock bin, thus allowing you to convert an auto ecu to manual.

This is rather useful with 850's where there are no North American market manual turbo models. I'd recommend getting a spare ecu to flash just in case something goes wrong. I would recommend getting another turbo ecu simply because I don't know if an NA ecu with work or not, it may not be wired for a TCU/BCS etc. Again it may work just fine, but I've not confirmation one way or another.

So... you want through all the trouble to swap the transmission in the vehicle from an automatic to a manual... and you don't want to pull out an ecu and replace it with another one? :glare:

Seriously. Get an ECU. You won't be sorry.

Wow, tough crowd! :) Lesson learned. No doubt I'll think twice next time before posting up useless information. :glare:

If you are electronically and computer inclined look into motronic suite. Its free tuning software for motronic 4.3 and 4.4 and me7 is in the works.

Thanks jnderr! Did a little research this weekend and I might play around some with motronic suite. Might hit you up for some information if I run into a snag. Hope that's OK.

Jeff

photobucket-6059-1350339367159.jpg

Wow, tough crowd! :) Lesson learned. No doubt I'll think twice next time before posting up useless information. :glare:

I found this information useful, but for something completely different! Information is information, to some people it may be completely useless, but for others like me it is a gold mine!

Not sure if you saw this:

Quick question about D+.

When the car is off, is D+ physically grounded? Or is just not supplying any voltage?

Thanks!

Quick question about D+.

When the car is off, is D+ physically grounded? Or is just not supplying any voltage?

Thanks!

50Ω on the D+ terminal with the car off. Could be slightly different from car to car.

If this actually does work to remove the P1618 error then its a great find! I burned a manual euro 850 Turbo tune for my car and it runs 1000x better but it disables the OBDII port when its installed. Every 2 years for emissions i have to put the stock ECU back in and drive around and hope the check engine light doesn't light up before i hit the emissions scanning. Being able to have the stock ECU in and run it for 100 miles before emissions without any fears of error codes would be great.

Thanks jnderr! Did a little research this weekend and I might play around some with motronic suite. Might hit you up for some information if I run into a snag. Hope that's OK.

Jeff

Not a problem. I'll be happy to help if you have any questions.