Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Volvo5.0

Manual Swappers - Cel For Missing Tcm....fix

I rewired my ac along with the additional sensors.

I was giving him another option. If he were to Persue this option I'm sure he would have more questions and eventually what you need to convert would come up. It would be unlikely he would just go plug and play them without asking for more help since he is a new comer. :)

Someone is selling a 98 v70 and s70 ecu in the group buy and for sale forum.

Pretty sure you need to get a manual flash - there never was a US spec manual 850, so pretty sure you're not going to find one with OBDII.

thank you... any advice on how to go about that? any tuner shop? specific guys? i'm in CT.

The Euro 850R manual 626 ecu is the one you want. Or you could find someone familiar with Motronic Suite and they could flash the 626 file into your ecu.

Or you could find someone familiar with Motronic Suite and they could flash the 626 file into your ecu.

Isn't that what I suggested at the beginning of this thread? :D Always nice to have options though, nice work here :).

thank you... any advice on how to go about that? any tuner shop? specific guys? i'm in CT.

My brother figured this out over a year ago with his '95 manual swap. He's running the European R software and has never had a MIL for missing TCM. I'm sure he'd be happy to flash yours, he's usually looking for a few extra bucks ;).

Hope this helps,

Joe

bump. so i just went to go do this. but the only wire running from the tcm to my ecu was a green/yellow wire?!?! i have a 97 850 t5. i would assume it was the same. but i figured id check here first before i ruin something lol.

bump. so i just went to go do this. but the only wire running from the tcm to my ecu was a green/yellow wire?!?! i have a 97 850 t5. i would assume it was the same. but i figured id check here first before i ruin something lol.

There are several wires from the TCM to the ECU. The one you want is the GN-SB (green/black) that goes from B26 of the ECU to B15 of the TCM....

ECUtoTCM_zps158207c7.jpg

hmmm. ill have to take another look. i guess what i meant is the only obvious short wire between the two was not a green-black wire. :/

ill take another look and get back.

Horray!! no more cel :D Thanks a ton man!

now i just have to fix my damn wheel speed sensor bullshit lol.