Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Volvo5.0

16T Turbo Angled Flange, P2 But Will Work On 850/x70 - $140 + Actual Shipping

Includes 16T turbo and main coolant pipe. P2 configuration but can be used on 850's and X70's by using the included main coolant pipe or adding custom lines. I have 2 available. $140 plus actual cost of shipping.

photobucket-2583-1351390075385.jpg

Do you have just the coolant line pictured on the top right of that photo? I currently own a brand new 16T with the angled flange, trying to install it into my 1996 850 but the coolant outlets don't line up. On the old 15G stock configuration the coolant return comes out of the front of the turbo cartridge, on the 16T it comes out of the back top as pictured here. Is it possible to get a photo of the rest of that coolant pipe? Do you know if I can use that coolant pipe on an 850? Do you happen to know the part number off of that coolant pipe? Any help is greatly appreciated!

You can use this pipe on an 850/x70, that's why I'm selling it with the turbo in case someone wants to do it that way. If you don't have the '99 and later style oil cooler that mounts on the pan, then you would need to block of the coolant pipe that runs downward. This setup is actually 3 separate pipes. The 2 pipes with the banjo fittings slide into the main coolant pipe and have an O-ring on the end. This particular setup came from an '01 V70 T5....

photobucket-29644-1351608277495.jpg

Thanks for the photo. I see what you are saying about blocking that lower pipe, I would have to do that. I guess what I need to get for my setup is just the top coolant pipe with the banjo adapter, and instead of sliding it into the other metal piping I will just clamp on a radiator hose to the existing cooler return line. Does that top coolant return line pipe have a part number? IPD says this is a direct Volvo part I have to get from dealer only.

The top coolant pipe, is that lined up to attach to the rear side of the turbo, furthest away from the engine? It looks like both the supply and return pipes are setup to connect to the back side of the turbo but I can't tell from the angle of this photo.

The top coolant pipe, is that lined up to attach to the rear side of the turbo, furthest away from the engine? It looks like both the supply and return pipes are setup to connect to the back side of the turbo but I can't tell from the angle of this photo.

Yes, both coolant pipes are attached to the rear of the turbo (closest to the firewall). Don't quote me but this might be the part number for the top pipe.... 9497810. There were a couple of choices but given the engine number I had, this looks like the correct PN. You should be able to use that pipe and just clamp a hose from it to the main coolant pipe you already have.

Thank you. All the part websites are so vague with no pictures of this pipe. Plus due to Hurricane Sandy all of the Volvo dealers in CT are closed today, making this almost impossible to source by the weekend. Thinking about having the pipe bent by a custom shop near by or the tapping method...

Will you ship it to Hong Kong and how much for the shipping.

I've never done international shipping, seems like it might be a hassle. Sorry, but US only.

Whats the condition / mileage / etc. on the turbo? Also, can you give me the part number(s). Would you recommend a rebuild, either for the wastegate or cartridge itself before install?

I'm in a bit of a tight spot currently - I pulled the turbo on my '01 V70 t5 and brought it to a local turbo rebuild shop in Denver. A couple weeks later and the guy has essentially fallen off the face of the earth (with both my money and my turbo). In the mean time, I need to get the car running, which means I need to source a complete turbo... Since I'm getting desperate, I'm debating whether to just bite the bullet and buy a brand new / remanned one. If I were to buy this one you have, I'd need you to get it shipped overnight delivery. And also I'd ask you to be totally honest on what service it needs so that I can get parts ordered immediately.

Thanks.

PS. If anyone knows where to quickly get a good quality new or remanned one for a fair price, please let me know!

Whats the condition / mileage / etc. on the turbo? Also, can you give me the part number(s). Would you recommend a rebuild, either for the wastegate or cartridge itself before install?

I'm in a bit of a tight spot currently - I pulled the turbo on my '01 V70 t5 and brought it to a local turbo rebuild shop in Denver. A couple weeks later and the guy has essentially fallen off the face of the earth (with both my money and my turbo). In the mean time, I need to get the car running, which means I need to source a complete turbo... Since I'm getting desperate, I'm debating whether to just bite the bullet and buy a brand new / remanned one. If I were to buy this one you have, I'd need you to get it shipped overnight delivery. And also I'd ask you to be totally honest on what service it needs so that I can get parts ordered immediately.

Thanks.

PS. If anyone knows where to quickly get a good quality new or remanned one for a fair price, please let me know!

The seller, Jeff, is a great guy and you can trust that he will be totally honest with you.

I'll second that, ^ Jeff is THE MAN! B)

Thanks.

It's a TD04 turbo, they are pretty much bullet proof.. VERY little chance one in a stock maintained vehicle will fail. If you just took yours out for I crapped my pants and I love how it feels and giggles then I would look into some other source of your problem so that you don't put another good turbo back in and still have issues.

I have 2 turbos, both should fit your car (just make sure both of your coolant lines connect to the same side of the turbo like the one I have pictured). One of the turbos came from an '01 V70 T5 with 138K miles and the other one came from a newer S60 T5. I think the mileage was lower on that one but honestly not sure. Both should be fine to bolt on as is. Not sure why you were having the turbo rebuilt but, like Keaton85 said, these turbos are pretty hardy. So make sure there isn't another problem with the car. Send me a PM if you want it, I'll have to get a price on 1 day shipping.

I pulled the turbo because I was on my way to replacing the exhaust manifold gaskets. Figured thats the best time to service the turbo (if needed). I just picked up this car and it was a little rough around the edges. At 170k miles, the turbo had a *lot* of shaft play in it. This car had its original engine replaced with a lower mileage one, so who knows how badly this original turbo was beat. You're right though: Its a credit to the quality of these turbos that the car was running as well as it was given the condition of the turbo. I had a Volvo independent shop take a quick look at it and they confirmed that it was in no condition to be reinstalled as it was when pulled.

I need to make a few phone calls tomorrow as a last ditch effort to track down my old turbo, and so by the end of the day I'll have a decision made as to whether I definitely need to source a new one.

Can you give me the part number(s) off the plate on the turbos you have? I want to make sure they're interchangeable. Unfortunately, I can't very well tell just by looking at the pictures posted above because I don't have my turbo to compare it to... ugh. I did take a picture of the plate on mine, luckily, and the part number is 49189-05101. I called Volvo dealership, and they said the exchange number is 8601691 or 8602395. Honestly, I'm not sure exactly what that means.