Politics On Politics.

flyfishing3

No, I'm a little too close to the Chicago politician sitting in the WH and the antics of his cronies in this State not to recognize the problems he represents for our country. I voted for him the first time because he was a better option than having the raving lunatic McCain with his finger on the button. But I reconsidered my choices the second time around and figured the economy couldn't get any worse than it already was if Romney won. I hated both options.

Here's to Jeb Bush, Rand Paul or Chris Christie in 2016. If none of them are running I might be forced to vote for a Clinton - something I swore I would never do. :lol:

Although I think I could vote for Kirsten Gillibrand if she decided to run.

Gillibrand must fit at least one of the Mike filters. I do recall you saying the only reason you would vote for Palin is because she's so crazy hot. :lol:

Not quite the quote but it gets us near there...

img-kirsten-gillibrand_140410526155.jpg

my wet dream is Bachman and Palin scissoring. lol

OMG, that is so sig worthy! :lol:

You really do go for the crazies don't you? The kind you would worry about sleeping next to for fear they were going to shove a knitting needle in your ear in the middle of the night.

^^From the photo it looks like she would be good with disarmament talks... :ph34r:

But seriously, Christie would be intriguing, but is there any info out there on his foreign policy stance?

Brother could still drop a few.

Why not Rand Paul? He's more conservative than his father. What specifically do you disagree with?

George by my sense I couldn't see you voting for any of the Republicans but Rand is probably closest to what I would think you might vote for.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/rand-paul-on-the-war-path

couple quick ones of the top of my head.

1. i totally disagree with his position on funding foreign govt. i can't say i love it, but without our money, we will have NO friends overseas.

2. he has come out saying kids should not be sent to jail for weed. Believe it or not, i'm against legalizing any drug.(sans medicines)

3. against his abortion position, life begins at conception. and he's touts being PRO LIFE. you know thats a big one for me.

4. against patriot act

5. against ACA and any govt health care.

6. against restricting handguns, not for limiting large magazines

NOW, there are a few things i love.

term limits

watching PACS

immigration

there's more pro and con.

but 1 or 2 are biggies i can't get over.

2. he has come out saying kids should not be sent to jail for weed. Believe it or not, i'm against legalizing any drug.(sans medicines)

But he also says he's in favor of the states handling the laws. So yes it's his personal opinion, but not his decision.

You might be against legalization... but do you still want to see jail time? Especially for first time personal-use offenders? What about fines instead?

I finally lost it today and posted something political on my FB page. I don't like the ACA as currently implemented but I think something is needed and I'm just tired of all my highly conservative friends and family posting nonsense about how Congress passed a law that they're exempted from.

So I wrote this:

At the risk of turning my Facebook page into some kind of political war I'm posting this because it's some of the biggest nonsense I hear coming out of the mouths of those who object to the Affordable Care Act. Due to all of the propaganda that is thrown out there by both parties I sat down and asked a friend who helps corporations build their employee benefits plans and asked him to spell out how exactly this impacts those with employer provided insurance. There was a great deal to absorb but I get it now. Whether or not you agree with the ACA you ought to educate yourself before passing along obvious propaganda.

Read the article and then go read the FactCheck.org write-up on whether or not Congress is exempt. Hint: the answer is THEY'RE NOT.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2013/10/obama_obamacare_boehner_congre.html

poorly worded question.

Guess what Mike, it wasn't a poorly worded question. >She told my daughter that C was the correct answer. At which point my daughter said, "Well my Dad asked if you would reconsider after reading this note." I asked her what happened and apparently the teacher read it, gave my daughter a point for a correct answer and nothing more was said. I am so looking forward to parent teacher conferences in a couple of weeks. :lol:

Not sure where you got the idea I was conservative. I am indepentent and just complain about the extremes on each side. :)

I have dropped people off my Facebook just because almost everything they posted was political. My facebook experiece is much better since doing that.

Link your friends to the FoxNews article you posted earlier and have them read that.

I watched a Jimmy Kimmel video where they went on the street to ask people the difference between ObamaCare and the Affordable Care Act, and which one they supported. They mostly leaned to the ACA, even though they clearly had no idea they were the same thing. After seeing that and the article you posted, you could take the ACA, reword it a little but have it do exactly the same thing, then have a Republican present it as an alternative to Obamacare and

see how the GOP base rallies around it. It would be funny to see if you asked them to compare and contrast the two plans. :)

Your daughter's teacher clearly doesn't even know the basics of government. It makes you wonder what other subjects she is teaching without a clear grasp of it.

Not sure where you got the idea I was conservative. I am indepentent and just complain about the extremes on each side. :)

Are you fully independent in that you will vote for a minority party, or are you independent from bias for which of the two major candidates you will vote for?