Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Burn-E

T5M C/s/v70 P80 Production Numbers From Vcna - The Definitive List

This question gets asked regularly enough and the myths get tossed around or the numbers are guessed. This may turn me into the resident statistician but since I track these cars I thought it would be useful to specify production numbers for the T5M and where known, the T5 for P80 / Gen 1 model years. Various threads have answered for a specific model or a specific MY but none have tackled this comprehensively.

What is listed are validated numbers provided by VCNA in response to questions various enthusiasts have posted to them over the years. These are USA numbers to the best of my knowledge except where noted. If you have numbers that can fill in the gaps please share. I searched extensively across the various enthusiast sites to gather what is listed here.

For USA - numbers from VCNA:

Model Total T5 / T5M

V70:
1998: ? / 127
1999: 517 / 101
2000: 3 / 0

S70:
1998: ? / 361
1999: ? / 197
2000: ? / 75

C70:
Coupes: 135 T5M across 98-02 / 603 worldwide
Verts: ?

Sources:
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...Specifications

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?177863-Towing-question-for-a-V70-T5M&s=f319550c51cf96fa742fffe233df0324

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...ic-C70-history

Cool thread, this stuff is interesting.

Does anybody on here have one of the 3 2000 V70's?

Oooo I like numbers... I took what you had and did a tad more searching around, filled in some blanks. I created a public google spreadsheet so people can start adding information. IT IS EDITABLE so don't fill it with stupidness. I havent figured out the best data format but if you guys stick with what is there, maybe add some columns from trim info, I can manipulate it and make some charts or something cool.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnE9p3nH9uokdGd5dS0wQ2dYQVkxZzVSRDMzQ0ZKMHc

Oooo I like numbers... I took what you had and did a tad more searching around, filled in some blanks. I created a public google spreadsheet so people can start adding information. IT IS EDITABLE so don't fill it with stupidness. I havent figured out the best data format but if you guys stick with what is there, maybe add some columns from trim info, I can manipulate it and make some charts or something cool.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnE9p3nH9uokdGd5dS0wQ2dYQVkxZzVSRDMzQ0ZKMHc

Laser Blue T5m?!?!? Can anyone confirm seeing one? That's like the ultimate dream wagon for me... Laser and stick shift :wub::wub::wub:

to bad there isn't a way to verify how many are left.

i'm guessing on 435 R there has to be in the 60-70 range.

Laser Blue T5m?!?!? Can anyone confirm seeing one? That's like the ultimate dream wagon for me... Laser and stick shift :wub::wub::wub:

Doesn't exist, unless one was painted Laser Blue.

Doesn't exist, unless one was painted Laser Blue.

According to VCNA the Laser Blue was available on a few T5s.

According to VCNA the Laser Blue was available on a few T5s.

What??

There's a new Volvo unicorn then.

What??

There's a new Volvo unicorn then.

According to the chart - Cassis would be rarer than Laser Blue.

Anyone know if there are any manual non R S60 AWDs in the US???

This thread is a great place to ask that question!

• Similar Content

• By Crossthreaders
      Hey guys. I’m currently about to purchase a 850 Awd in regent red (I think that’s the colour). I’m just wondering what I should look out for if there is anything. I have a 94 T5 so I’m pretty confident, just entirely unsure about the awd system. Also what kind of power figures can I expect to push through this awd system, and what’s the torque split? I’m guessing it’s front bias? Again I have no experience with the awd, only the fwd so any help is appreciated. If anyone could point me in the right direction for aftermarket parts for the awd that would be sweet.
      I’m planning on around 400awhp and daily driven. Yes I know this will be a fairly substantial build but I have nothing but time. Thanks for any help👍🏾
    • By RobT5M
      Hey guys, Rob here. 
      I figured it was time to go ahead and make a thread since this car has been around the community and finally down here in FL for the last 8 years. 
      At one point this used to be my daily, now ive moved on to a 2018 S60 and it has become more of a project/fun/love/hate car. 
      It's had a lot of work and a lot done to it so I guess a little back tracking is warranted. 
      Originally a 1998 s70 2.3 T5 Automatic. 
      Around 2010 I added a OBX Exhaust system, 18t, WideBand, ARD blue custom Tune, various other little things. 
      Around 2013? it went from a 18t to a K24, Manual swap, and RN swap.  The RN recieved a rebuilt top/bottom using new parts and seals before install as well as the tranny. (Lol Tranny)
      Eariler this year (Feb 2018), I managed to kill the engine coming home from a large volvo meet in Orlando (over 120 volvos so I guess thats large)
      (enter the new daily thanks to winter park volvo (chris is my new bestie))
      Ordered up an 02 2.4LPT engine since there were no 2.3's in stock anywhere, and it sat in my garage with the s70 for close to 8 months...  (Hey at least the detail I got before the meet in Feb lasted 8 months riiiiiggghhhttt?)
      After finally getting tired and life back on track from a number of bad events, I sent the car and engine off to Maitland Importers (enter Alan <3 )  
      A week and $2k later, I got 1 s70 back with almost nothing for me to worry about, new control arms, endlinks, engine professionally installed, etc. etc. 
      And this catches us up to now.  October 2018 :D 

Current plans / set up for the car. 
      (bold installed) (not bold not installed)
      2002 2.4 LPT 
      K24 Turbo
      OBX 3" downpipe / cat back exhaust
      2.5" Intercooler piping with front mount
      M56
      Snapp intake pipe
      3" MAF (Currently looking, likely hit a JY for this part)
      COP conversion
      VastTuning Tune
      800cc Injectors (waiting on the mailman)
      W200 Fuel Pump (waiting to see what Aaron wants to do for base map)
      Water Meth System (Would love some input on what to go with)

Suspension
      IPD springs
      Koni Yellow Struts
      Blisten HD rear shocks
      Upper UMP Strut Brace
      Trunk Brace
      IPD brace that goes under the car (yeah I totally forgot its name)
      Extras
      320mm front brakes (have brand new brakes, pads, lines, brackets, just need rotors and wheels)
      New wheels because those wont fit with what I have </3 sad no more comets or porps
      New Headliner (wonder what pattern ill go with this time around)
      New sunroof assembly (have it just need to swap old one)
      New boost gauge (cant see my prosport during the day... weird af)

Pictures <3

[/img]

Finished the COP install last night.  Pretty quick install. 

I'll keep posting as things happen. 
    • By ovlov780t
      Here she is. Putting her up for sale. All offers will be considered. 
      https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/1998-volvo-s70-t5-manual/6705737681.html 

• By cryptophilosopher
      selling a set of s60r wheels 18"/7" great condition, straight center hub was bored to 65.1 mm for use on my 98 v70  will fit any volvo with a 65.1 hub or smaller. $800

selling remote fobs, these are all new in box .  the battery's may need to be replaced $25
      i work at a former Volvo dealer and these were some of the inventory left behind 

launch x431 scanner , lightly used  looks new i have all parts and papers, im the original ower and can transfer ownership to you with launch. upgrade able software. matco  sells these scanners now

have original volvo scanner for 96-2000 volvos  v70, s70 ,850 , 740, 960, and others in that time frame. can be used for code reading, date and key programing.

willing to ship, shipping on fobs is $10   the scanner and wheels i need to get a estimate   crypto currency  bitcoin  accepted. email me cryptophilosopher@gmail.com parts are located in concord california