Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

I think he's referring to editing the binary to allow a higher speed limit than what's already set by the listed parameters. 255km/h is 158 mph. Can't be set any higher than that unless you edit the actual binary in the hex editor. If not, this is still a good idea seeing as 158 is a little slow for a toy. :lol: I know US cars are limited to 142 or something like that. I would love to have the ability to wring it past 160.

rkam do you think is possible too find the right ignition bits in the 608 bin and use the 608 bin on the 960 ecu?

so i think you dont need anything too solder, for use with the newer coils with integrated drivers...

if they need any pictures, or tracing the pins, please tell me, i have 6cyl ecus and 5cyl ecus here

I think he's referring to editing the binary to allow a higher speed limit than what's already set by the listed parameters. 255km/h is 158 mph. Can't be set any higher than that unless you edit the actual binary in the hex editor. If not, this is still a good idea seeing as 158 is a little slow for a toy. :lol: I know US cars are limited to 142 or something like that. I would love to have the ability to wring it past 160.

6800 in 5th is only 154.... still got a ways to go

3rd4th5thMar05data2_zps7a8999e4.png

Good afternoon !

Today I connected the output of the digital turbo meter that I had to pin B31 of the ECU to log the boost pressure.

Pin B31 is the tank pressure signal is not used by us Unfortunately, this pin was not wired to the ECU . There was no female connector in the ECU socket . Gently pried out the connector of a PC power supply and soldered to a long piece of cord.
2014012601.jpg

Because this connector does not stick in the connector some shrink tubing.
2014012602.jpg

Now it fits.
2014012603.jpg

The cord routed through the grommet on the right through the firewall . Below is a pressure sensor for the boost meter. That black thing .
2014012604.jpg

It is an MPX4250 that measures absolute pressure. The display value calculation is made ​​as follows : (( X * 0.01953125 ) / 2 ) -1.

Having fun:
2014012605.jpg

I have some fluctuation in the actual boost pressure . Strange as the TCV control signal is good . I suspect the IPD TCV somewhat, but maybe I'm wrong.

The tiny blue one is the 10k pull-up

The other two are 150 Ohm and 47 Ohm.

Measuring between Pin 1 and 24 on the B58290 gives me 10.1kOhm. That's 10k + 150Ohm I guess.

This means that the 150Ohm is also a pull-up to Vcc

I haven't followed detours for signal conditioning like this.

There is still a direct connection between the SCL and the TLE4226G (B58290)

But I guess that is the same in your expression if I read it more thoroughly:

>B11 - 47 ohm > pin 24 of B58290-2 > 150ohm > 10k > Pin 3 SCL & Pin 1 B58290-2

The tiny blue one is the 10k pull-up

The other two are 150 Ohm and 47 Ohm.

Measuring between Pin 1 and 24 on the B58290 gives me 10.1kOhm. That's 10k + 150Ohm I guess.

This means that the 150Ohm is also a pull-up to Vcc

I haven't followed detours for signal conditioning like this.

There is still a direct connection between the SCL and the TLE4226G (B58290)

But I guess that is the same in your expression if I read it more thoroughly:

>B11 - 47 ohm > pin 24 of B58290-2 > 150ohm > 10k > Pin 3 SCL & Pin 1 B58290-2

Good good.

Adding the 10K resistors is easy and straight forward, Just need to work out where the other 47ohm and 150ohm resistors go. I did notice there would be resistance between 10 and 11 if the the 47 ohm was added, not sure if it should be there or not. Need to look further in to it

Razor, why did you add that extra pin to your ECU socket? No M4.3 equipped cars came with that pin occupied on the ECU and it is not necessary for the functioning of the MAP sensor.

Joe, have you actually hit the speed limit or the rev limit with both set to their maximal limit?

Razor, why did you add that extra pin to your ECU socket? No M4.3 equipped cars came with that pin occupied on the ECU and it is not necessary for the functioning of the MAP sensor.

I had to. I did not want to put the MAP inside the ECU. Because the ECU's must be easily swappable.

So I had to add an extra pin on the position of B31.

To which pin/input do you connect your MAP?

My MAP is b.t.w. in the passengers compartment as a part of the turbo pressure meter.

I figure if you set it to the max its disabled like with many other settings.

Perhaps - I wonder why TT had a separate provision?

Joe (Hussein), have you actually hit the speed limit or the rev limit with both set to their maximal limit?

Not yet, I don't feel comfortable with the tune to push it that hard. Once I have removed the excessive rich condition I will be trying - I usually shift over 7600 when running it out....

I reinstalled the scaled MAFtable BIN from you, and just tweaked the VE & ignition tables. I'll see how that runs tomorrow. In local driving today, there was a little hesitation/stutter even with this MAF table, so now I'm wondering what else is going on. 1:21 - 1:24 range

Screenshot2014-01-26153944_zps81d81e09.p

Still get a 0243 CEL even with the TCV table settings maxxed and the LDR P-part & KFP2 zeroed out - is there additional parameters I can set? LDR time per charge or throttle angle threshold?

Screenshot2014-01-26155644_zps2ec92727.p

I've followed the directions in the Wiki, but I cannot get data logging to work for the life of me. I am using the Rev5b modified tune posted here, and all I get out of tuner pro, is data errors. I am hitting connect, waiting for connecting to show up and starting from Key on Engine Off. Once the car starts, it has data errors. What should I be looking for? All com settings are correct, so I don't know where to start.