Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

Your base idle PW is the injection time at idle.

OK - so in that case the correction is in fact a much lower percentage - since the PW is actually much closer to the trim in ms, no? Sorry I really suck at math....

I just tried raising the constant to .9750 - .9165 for 13.5-14v values. See if that makes any difference

You could try adjusting the latency time, see if you can get LTFT-I more round 20 usec, but when it screws up LTFT-P to much I would accept a higher LTFT-I.

Instead, since the correction on your LTFT-P is also 7%, you could lower de injector constant just a little and see what happens.

But with such big injectors every little change in the injectorconstant will be significant.

Another approach, maybe, if this does'nt work out, might be lowering the MAF value

I assume you mean raise the latency / constant values, not lower, since it's already on the lean side...

I've raised the latency in the two slots (13.5&14v) that are used at idle by .0390 so now .9945 and .9360 ( I think). I also raised the constant to .3125, since that is the 3bar calc for my injectors. I'm running 3.8bar @ absolute vs stock 3.5(?), but if that is used to calculate the constant , the value us closer to .26, and the car simply won't run at that low a value. This (after I day driving/30miles) has dropped the I into the +55-70 range and PL under + 5. so, with a LTFT_I of .052ms, and a latency of say .95 (split of .99 - .936), I'm now within 5.5%, yes?

The big issue will be whether this throws off the warmup at low ambient. This setting seems to have helped the AFR sweep I was getting on stopping after decel from anything over about 10mph.

Screenshot2014-03-21111627_zps54fc948f.p

Screenshot2014-03-21223950_zpse8c9dbdf.p

I've already lowered the idle MAF table values using your guide - no way our motors are pulling the flow of the six cylinder at idle.... This may still be too high for my setup, given the cams, etc effect on idle CO & stability as it is. I can't raise the flow values at idle, as that is what caused the flooding during cold weather warmup...

I'm going to move to a 4" MAF housing, but not till after the testing is done on the 3" setup

Hmmmm I think this thread needs some sort of FAQ, as some questions keep coming back. Maybe the wiki is the right place for this. I'll try and start it off sometime this weekend if people agree.

That would be a great place to consolidate some of the questions. Knock yourself out !

Rod

I've already lowered the idle MAF table values using your guide - no way our motors are pulling the flow of the six cylinder at idle.... This may still be too high for my setup, given the cams, etc effect on idle CO & stability as it is. I can't raise the flow values at idle, as that is what caused the flooding during cold weather warmup...

I'm going to move to a 4" MAF housing, but not till after the testing is done on the 3" setup

I was able to finally capture an example of stall during warmup, if anyone has time to look it over - 20sec clip, stall begins around 19.839 - timing begins to climb (over usual 12-12.75 during this temp range) as revs drop & load increases. At least I can see the Maf volt/flow range where it occurs - I can try lowering the flow value in that range a touch. I don't understand why the volt/flow remains so high even when the revs have dropped off below sustainable running level.

Screenshot2014-03-22215955_zps0de7830c.p

Screenshot2014-03-22220033_zpsf0c48ccb.p

Screenshot2014-03-22220809_zps49517d98.p

Hey people, thanks for all your effort about the maf to map conversion i already realised that this is a very difficult conversion to do and the best thing is keep the maf...

i have 2 questions, and i already did a search all around the forum but i can't get any dirrect reply for this...

after m 4.4 conversion, why i can only enter diagnose mode with the engine runing? witch pins do i have to feed with ignition on to enter diagnostic mode?

i'm getting a EFI 444 Acceleration sensor sig. perm fault after a long research i realised that this maybe is a problem with a black bosch sensor that works sideways with knock sensor, it is used to tell the ecu not to retard the ignition because ''this is not knock, this is a bump in the road'' or something like that, to prevente ecu to retard the ignition when we have other type of vibration on the engine/chassis

my problem is that i can not find the sensor, because probably my old 850 t5 dont have one!

what can we do?

best regards!

I have a MPX4250GP which I didn't fit yet but I was looking at the formulas to put in tunerpro.

I found on the thread that the formula for the MPX4250AP would be: (((((X/255) + 0.04)/0.004) - 14.7)*0.145) where 14,7 should be the local atmospheric pressure.

Having a GP and not a AP I don't have to correct for the atmospheric pressure, so I don't need to subtract 14.7 or something close to that.

However, I was looking at the GP datasheet and its formula is:

Vout = Vs x (0,00369P + 0,04) + Error

Vout = output voltage

Vs = input voltage

P = kPa (with a max of 250)

Error = I will ignore

Considering a normal input voltage of 5.1 (stated on the datasheet) and solving the equation the formula I should put in tunerpro is:

(((X*0.01953125) - 0,204) / 0.018819)*0.145

Considering a max normal output voltage of 4,90875 (stated on the datasheet and given by the input voltage 5.1v and 250kPa max reading) the formula I put above should give me a max of 36,25psi which is the same stated on the datasheet (max 36.3psi).

However If I use the formula I found here on the forum (given by simplyvolvo if I recall correctly), for the same output voltage I would have 37,13psi, which is more than the sensor is able to read.

It seems my formula is more accurate than the other one but I would like to know what you guys think about it.

Thanks

Edited by S70-R