Tightmopedman9

Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

I will be doing this aswell I have computer programming background and I've done some tuning with hondata and mega squirt! I'm still gonna go with lucky on tune items for quite a while on the car I drive daily and have big hp numbers for reliability but I do have a junker s70 turbo I don't mind blowing up haha

Apparently no one really cares, as far as I know only 3 people have even flashed their ECU's, and that was just switching to another stock .bin.

Once we get some datalogging from your tunes I will put those on the main page.

Well I for one am following this thread but have only ME7 cars at the moment.

A friend of mine has a M4.4 however, his is a 2.4 GLT with whites and a 16T, currently an R ecu, how hard would it be to tune for 14psi for his car so he can stop running that stupid MBC before he bends a rod lol?

Get him in this thread and lets open this thing up. I am in idiot with this stuff but I am going to learn it. I guarantee you that.

Same here im very interested im in the middle of a big move right now and a job change. But also my ecu is an odd one being 4.4 on an 850 so i cant real tune mine without an xdf to change the right values. I also dont know how to make an xdf for my car for myself

Apparently no one really cares, as far as I know only 3 people have even flashed their ECU's, and that was just switching to another stock .bin.

Once we get some datalogging from your tunes I will put those on the main page.

Well i hope we can keep this going. The tune i am currently running is pretty damn nice. Putting down around 14-15 psi and it pretty much turned it into a whole new car.Since my innovate lc1 sucks balls im going to be getting a knock sense and a PLX wideband. Hoping they will help me make up some solid tunes.

Well i hope we can keep this going. The tune i am currently running is pretty damn nice. Putting down around 14-15 psi and it pretty much turned it into a whole new car.Since my innovate lc1 sucks balls im going to be getting a knock sense and a PLX wideband. Hoping they will help me make up some solid tunes.

What maps have you tuned? Just requested load map? And fuel? Do you find it hard determining which cell to edit since you can't data log load so you don't really know what cells your car is using? Or are you just tuning for wide open throttle? Edited by Simply Volvo

Editing WOT enrich, req. pres. ratio and ignition. Going to play with part load in a little bit. I am getting the occasional ping so i am working on a tune right this second with a little timing pulled out and a little more fuel to see how it responds.

Isn't it hard trying to edit the maps if you don't even know where you are on the map? Are you logging load? Or are you just guesimating? I just can't get my head around how m4.4 deals with load since its in ms and not boost pressure you can't even correlate what boost your running to a point on the map

Edited by Simply Volvo

Isn't it hard trying to edit the maps if you don't even know where you are on the map? Are you logging load? Or are you just guesimating? I just can't get my head around how m4.4 deals with load since its in ms and not boost pressure you can't even correlate what boost your running to a point on the map

Yeah it's not easy. I am basically watching rpm,o2,and boost and going by feel and listening hard for ping. I was logging load but it didn't really help with real world tuning, well at least i thought so.I am Planning on getting a knock sense soon that way i know for sure when the detonation monster attacks. I know it might sound stupid but since you can not really log with decent resolution i was thinking about setting up a camera on the rpm,o2,knock sense and boost so i could redneck datalog.

Yeah it's not easy. I am basically watching rpm,o2,and boost and going by feel and listening hard for ping. I was logging load but it didn't really help with real world tuning, well at least i thought so.I am Planning on getting a knock sense soon that way i know for sure when the detonation monster attacks. I know it might sound stupid but since you can not really log with decent resolution i was thinking about setting up a camera on the rpm,o2,knock sense and boost so i could redneck datalog.

Don't be ghetto, just get the hardware you need to data log properly. Why would you even think about wasting money on knocksense? Just get an Ostrich and keep an eye on any of the knock maps, when the map is referenced the ECU has detected knock.

• Upvote 2

I honestly was not aware that someone had Ostrich2.0 working with M4.4 . Can you post or PM me some details of how it is wired/set up?

Don't be ghetto, just get the hardware you need to data log properly. Why would you even think about wasting money on knocksense? Just get an Ostrich and keep an eye on any of the knock maps, when the map is referenced the ECU has detected knock.

Im starting to question if we have the right "boost map".

In turbo tuner M4.4 the axis for the boost map is Load vs RPM.

The axis for requested pressure ratio is TPS vs RPM.

i have a 2.4lpt with 13g and whites, paired with a t5m ecu w/ sas delete. but what is annoying is that it is not setting the emissions monitor. Has anyone figured out if the monitors still set regardless of it being "deleted?"

Im starting to question if we have the right "boost map".

In turbo tuner M4.4 the axis for the boost map is Load vs RPM.

The axis for requested pressure ratio is TPS vs RPM.

Before you question how about you actually investigate? The boost map is correct, 100%.

i have a 2.4lpt with 13g and whites, paired with a t5m ecu w/ sas delete. but what is annoying is that it is not setting the emissions monitor. Has anyone figured out if the monitors still set regardless of it being "deleted?"

It was already discussed the the readiness monitors will not be set.

• Upvote 2