Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

I have a problem of sorts. I diagnosed my p0108 and p0112 codes as something wrong with my 610 ecu. What is funny is that the check engine light is on and these two codes are stored but when I accelerate hard the check engine light turns off until I stop accelerating then it comes back on. I'm not terribly worried about it because I have a 607 ecu in stock trim that I am going try. I'm just seeing if someone has any idea what may be going on with this one. It is always nice to have a backup.

With the rev5b binaries, the MIL is switched when sum timing pull is over 15 degrees. If it's off, it turn on, if it's on, it shuts off. As far as the codes, you have a MAF high output code and IAT code, but I'll bet your car doesn't have a separate IAT like many x70s. The IAT can be disabled through the "diagnostics disable" pull down in TunerPro. The MAF may be an actual issue. If the other ECM trips that code then look at trying a different MAF sensor.

I'm running a 610 ECM with no trouble myself and I had to disable a couple of emissions that weren't existent on my vehicle.

Edited by Chrispy_T

Are you sure that is what those codes are for? I'm not being a smart ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD but I use alldata at the shop and it had me test the barometric pressure behind the passenger headlight for the p0108 and it had me test the ambient air temp sensor in the lower drivers side of the bumper for the p0112. I can add an intake air sensor if needed but not sure about the p0108. I'm going to try the unflashed 607 a little later and see if the codes are still there. I would have a hard time believing it is a bad MAF because it runs fine with the m4.3 ecu.

What I found was MAP/MAF(that depends on whether the car uses a MAF sensor or MAP sensor) circuit high input. The ECM is seeing that the voltage is too high so actually, it may be a short in the ECM. The IAT is unneeded, I don't have one and I have no issues. If the 607 works then it's definitely the ECM that's faulty.

blue injectors...are they 347cc or 395cc?

says 347cc on m4.4 wiki and in the rev5 bin but other posts are showing 395cc......or is that with higher fuel pressure?

thanks..

There are always some doubts on that issue.

Whites and blue are both 350cc @ 3bar and 395cc @ 3.8bar. The big difference seems to be its latency (the blues have lower latency if i recall correctly).

There's also a confusion about the greens being 440cc @ 3bar or 3.8bar. in this case it seems greens are 440cc @ 3bar.

Edited by S70-R

Piet,

Nice work and craftsmanship on the intake setup. Looks like it really shortened intake tract length.

The newer intake looks to have longer runners and a smaller plenum? I know Hussien picked up alot

of power with a larger plenum. What are your impressions? Maybe that helps your low end torque?

Rod

Edited by Rod'sT-5

I have some sort of issue, Not quite sure where I am going wrong. Should be fitting my greens tomorrow. Prepared a binary. Saved it and that was that. Loaded it up and the values I changed were different. Changed the values again, Saved it again but they didn't save correctly. Values I entered are on the Left, the values it saved are on the right

greens.png

Edited by Avinitlarge

The runners are shorter and more importantly wider, matching the bigger inletports of the RN head.

Volvo has matched this intake manifold with the RN head, designed for it.

The runners of the older type manifold are to small for the bigger ports of the RN head. In my opinion porting will not help you with this, while the runners over the whole length are to narrow.

I don't know if the plenum is smaller, could be. It is more "square" then the older type. Maybe there's not much difference between them.

I sincerely believe it helps with low end torque, also in non boost situations you can feel the engine "breath" much easier.

The intake track is much shorter now, had to replace the intercooler outlet to the other site of the intercooler.

The car feels really very responsive, but I also lost 4 kg (8.8 lbs) with a lighter RN crankshaft and a shaved flywheel.

On top of that I replaced the compressor wheel of my 19T for a modified billet alu wheel.

Did that all at the same time, so it is bit hard to tell how much each modification contributed to the endresult.

Edited by Piet

I have some sort of issue, Not quite sure where I am going wrong. Should be fitting my greens tomorrow. Prepared a binary. Saved it and that was that. Loaded it up and the values I changed were different. Changed the values again, Saved it again but they didn't save correctly. Values I entered are on the Left, the values it saved are on the right

greens.png

This is logical. The values are rounded to the possible binary values. Dont worry.

Edited by razorx

greens.png

That's because the values are stored in one byte.

The valeus therefore can only be stored in 1/255th steps.

EDIT:Razorx beat me to it! :)

Edited by Piet