Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

The runners are shorter and more importantly wider, matching the bigger inletports of the RN head.

Volvo has matched this intake manifold with the RN head, designed for it.

The runners of the older type manifold are to small for the bigger ports of the RN head. In my opinion porting will not help you with this, while the runners over the whole length are to narrow.

I don't know if the plenum is smaller, could be. It is more "square" then the older type. Maybe there's not much difference between them.

I sincerely believe it helps with low end torque, also in non boost situations you can feel the engine "breath" much easier.

Total agree the Rn manifold does make a world of difference over the standard manifold :)

IMAG0928.jpg

20130728_113841.jpg

Temps dropped to freezing this morning, and we had snow :(

What I observed is that the voltage area during warmup at zero celcius is now around .93-.95v, vs. 1.19 previously. Fully warm is now around .625, vs. .764 previously.

So, I'm going to try reducing the flow values from approx .87v down to .75 by just a couple percentage points (of the already reduced values), and see how that goes.

Because of the greater diameter maf voltage drop at the same airflow.

Maybe you could try filling in the mass airflow values (kg/hr) you previously had with the S90 maf at 1.19 volt with the new maf at .94 volt and so on in the area below 1.2 volt with the S90 maf.m

EDIT: Although... changing the ign value by coolant temp as you suggested might be the ticket!

@Oblark: Nice job!!

Edited by Piet

Total agree the Rn manifold does make a world of difference over the standard manifold :)

IMAG0928.jpg

20130728_113841.jpg

Oblark,

Do you have a RN head/engine like Piet also? Did you use an IAC valve? (Nevermind, just saw it sitting below).

Noticed on your sig, it says white injectors. I've maxed out my whites with my 16T. Have you upgraded injectors?

Piet, how did you replace the intercooler outlet to the other site of the intercooler? Pics?

Rod

At the moment I`m still using the standard 850 head but I`ve got a late V70 head which has been ported & polished,

This head is on my forged engine which will be fitted in the car in the coming months :)

As for the whites I`ve just started to collect logging data so I don`t no if I`m maxing them but I`ve got some refurbed blues and green if needed :)

This is logical. The values are rounded to the possible binary values. Dont worry.

That's because the values are stored in one byte.

The valeus therefore can only be stored in 1/255th steps.

EDIT:Razorx beat me to it! :)

PHEW!! Thought it was yet another thing to go wrong for me. So the values are the same as yours Piet?

As for the whites I`ve just started to collect logging data so I don`t no if I`m maxing them but I`ve got some refurbed blues and green if needed :)

I've maxed the whites and stock MAF out with a 18t at 16psi. Greens going in tomorrow hopefully along with a 3" TB. Once I know its running OK, 3.25 BMW MAF is getting fitted.

Edited by Avinitlarge

Hey guys just wanted to say retarding the intake 2-4 degrees really seemed to help with light load timing pull and feels a lot smoother IMO. And I have no timing pull at wot.

*intake cam

Thats great news! Where are the cams at now? Would be great to know for a reference

Rod

Because of the greater diameter maf voltage drop at the same airflow.

Maybe you could try filling in the mass airflow values (kg/hr) you previously had with the S90 maf at 1.19 volt with the new maf at .94 volt and so on in the area below 1.2 volt with the S90 maf.m

EDIT: Although... changing the ign value by coolant temp as you suggested might be the ticket!

I made two versions to try - one with the rev2 table (note: saved as Rev2) (95% of conversion factor values up to 1.2v), with revisions to the ign by coolant temp, and a couple of other related revisions to try,

Rev2TableRevisions-04-16_zpsd2d8926a.png

and another with the values shifted as you suggested (note: saved as Rev4) - I realized after you said it that that is essentially what I have been moving them toward, however it had not occurred to me to use the earlier table & just shift it downward. This does mean that 0v = 3kg/h, not sure if that will cause a flakiness when cranking the engine over.

Screenshot2014-04-17085703_zps8ad0bc46.p

I have the wideband (innovate LC-2) bung already welded so tomorrow I will fit it as well as the s90 maf and boost sensor.

Innovate manual says that if we use one of the analog outputs to connect to some external device such as an ECU, datalogger, whatever, the LC-2 controller should share the same ground of the device to wish we are connecting to, so it means I should connect the LC-2 ground to the ECU ground.

However, I'm thinking about to supply the LC-2 with the needed 12v coming from the cigarette lighter. May I connect the LC-2 ground to the lighter ground instead of the ECU ground? It would be easier this way. Aren't all the grounds from the same main ground? It should be the same no?

By the way, I was successfull in working with the 261 204 442 ECU. I reflashed it again and it is working now.

Regarding the logging problem I reported some days before, I think the problem is the laptop ifself. It seems the laptop doesn't like much movement so when there's any little bump the logging seems to freeze and then all the data comes fast again.