Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

@Piet: I agree with yoor disagree.

I described the situation unclear.

What I intended to say is that the max speed wile iterating is very important.. 60mph is perfect. higher will not work well.

It is possible to get a very fast down on the AFR and a stable load.

OK some curves:

Turquoise is TPS

Pink Current load

Red RMP

Orange speed in km/h

Purple LTFT

Blue AFR.

I know that the AFR should be lower, but this is about getting them low as soon as needed and getting them stable.

2014051102.jpg

AFR is easy. Just multiply or divide the values you see and what you want. For each cell.

Current load is a bit more complicated.You have to have your duty cycle pilot control ok. Might be some heavy calculation.

Only then you can adapt your target load.

Use your measured values and fill them in in your cells. This will minimize overshoot or undershoot.

A slight overshoot folowed by a smaller undershoot is ok. But a straight line afterwards mus be the result.

Edited by razorx

Is anyone running 630cc Siemens Deka Injectors? Ive just acquired a set that have only done a few miles

Siemens Deka's don't work well with M4.4. TMM9 may have a way to tweak the injector values so that you can control them at idle. When I tried them with TTusb, I could NEVER get a satisfactory idle AFR.

You really would do better to get Bosch injectors, especially with all the troubles you seem to have with the setup - this just seems to be adding more crap to the mix....

Siemens Deka's don't work well with M4.4. TMM9 may have a way to tweak the injector values so that you can control them at idle. When I tried them with TTusb, I could NEVER get a satisfactory idle AFR.

You really would do better to get Bosch injectors, especially with all the troubles you seem to have with the setup - this just seems to be adding more crap to the mix....

The latency values are signifigantly different from the Bosch injectors, that's why TT couldn't get them running right.

Avinitlarge, I PM'd you the values I settled on while running these injectors. I only used them for a few days for testing before upgrading to the Ford DR3Z injectors, so the values will probably need further tweaking.

Hi,

thanks to the great information on here I was able to get the right M4.4 ECU, did the 850 A/C mod, flashed 608 rev5b on it etc, all working great.

I tried logging as well and it didn't work with the rev5_test.adx, which was the wrong one anyway which I found out ;). Since it didn't work, I tried realterm and tried sending the commands to the ECU but it was just sending strange symbols and also showing errors. Ever since I tried that, I can't access the ECU via diagnose anymore which I could before (I use brickdiag). I even can't diagnose any of the other ECUs in the car. If I put in my old 4.3, everything works normal so cable configuration etc. is not an issue.

I flashed the 608_rev5b.bin back on but that didn't make a difference.

I am flashing on the bench which works good for me. However, I might have connected the cables wrong at some point (ECU upside down). Not sure if this damaged something.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Christoph

Hi,

thanks to the great information on here I was able to get the right M4.4 ECU, did the 850 A/C mod, flashed 608 rev5b on it etc, all working great.

I tried logging as well and it didn't work with the rev5_test.adx, which was the wrong one anyway which I found out ;). Since it didn't work, I tried realterm and tried sending the commands to the ECU but it was just sending strange symbols and also showing errors. Ever since I tried that, I can't access the ECU via diagnose anymore which I could before (I use brickdiag). I even can't diagnose any of the other ECUs in the car. If I put in my old 4.3, everything works normal so cable configuration etc. is not an issue.

I flashed the 608_rev5b.bin back on but that didn't make a difference.

I am flashing on the bench which works good for me. However, I might have connected the cables wrong at some point (ECU upside down). Not sure if this damaged something.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Christoph

To log in tunerpro you have first to activate the logging feature by sending a "l" on realterm or you can grab venderbroeck adx file and use the commands he inserted there to activate logging.

Did you configure tunerpro with the correct baud rate (125000) and tried realterm also with that baud rate?

@Piet: I agree with yoor disagree.

I described the situation unclear.

What I intended to say is that the max speed wile iterating is very important.. 60mph is perfect. higher will not work well.

Nope, sorry... not true.

Shouldn't make a difference.

If it does make a difference probably something else is't up to par.

Edited by Piet

This is very true. I am starting to look at thing from a different angle now. At first it was for more power, now I'm looking at it as a learning curve. Like ive mentioned before, I did a turbo conversion on a 2.0 Mondeo (Contour in the US) with a T28 running 19PSI. I fitted and tuned megasquirt. I have VERY limited knowledge of tuning but found MS really easy to work with, after a few months of tweaking I had a really good tune, more economical than stock off boost but loads of power whilst boosting. The M4.4 tuning is a lot different to work with, I am only just starting to fully understand it all. I just like to learn, even if its the hard way that results in sleepless nights. A few years ago, I was a TV engineer, only basic soldering was required, after a lot of learning, I'm now a self employed BGA reworker. Again, mainly done to learn from. Anyway, I'll stop now as I'm just blathering :P

To log in tunerpro you have first to activate the logging feature by sending a "l" on realterm or you can grab venderbroeck adx file and use the commands he inserted there to activate logging.

Did you configure tunerpro with the correct baud rate (125000) and tried realterm also with that baud rate?

Thanks for your reply.

I used the venderbroeck adx file (i guess, if it's the rev5.adx) and tried realterm as well. but realterm was sending strange symbols instead of clear letters.

My main problem now is that I can't use obd diagnostics at all, eg. brick diag or VOL FCR. They can't connect to the ECU. My old 4.3 ECU works perfectly though.

Thanks for your reply.

I used the venderbroeck adx file (i guess, if it's the rev5.adx) and tried realterm as well. but realterm was sending strange symbols instead of clear letters.

My main problem now is that I can't use obd diagnostics at all, eg. brick diag or VOL FCR. They can't connect to the ECU. My old 4.3 ECU works perfectly though.

With our bins you can't use OBD diagnostics when the car is not running unless you specifically enable the pre-start OBD diagnostics by sending an "o" in realterm.

Regarding logging, did you configure the acquision settings correctly?

One thing thats obvious, we are slowly getting this all figured out.

Many thanks to TMM9, Simply, Mercuric (where ever you are?), Piet and Venderbroeck, and others for all the hard work put into this.

Very much appreciated!!

Without access to the engineers at Bosch, we have to figure it out the hard way. :D

Rod

Dont forget Aaron (Tightmopenman).