Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

I didn't understand. "indicates overcharte protection DISABLED due to LOW intake air temperature"?

If it is a protection being disabled why this happens and I don't see the intake temp. being low.

How can get rid of this?

I would check Overcharge-Load settings first. If they are set to '12', that would explain as you were just hitting 12 for load.

I would check Overcharge-Load settings first. If they are set to '12', that would explain as you were just hitting 12 for load.

Overcharge-load is set to 12.24 so no limit should be being applied correct? And I think that limit would be applied by fuel cut and not boost cut.

It has something to do with "RPM for diagnosis of overboost"?

Just got my Snabb intake. ( Got it for 99+ C70 because it has hose for 3in. MAF)

Hope to put on tommorrow, along with new heater core.

Any programming changes to account for intake tube?

Have a Happy 4th

Rod

You should flow a bit more air. Tune higher load cells a little conservative and go for a ride. See if you can get it a little bit more aggressive, specially regarding timing.

Edited by S70-R

It looks like 12.24 is the max load you can put in Overcharge-Load.

'Time for maximum boost pressure' is set on mine to 1.5 seconds.

Check your time stamps. I bet you hit 12.24 load about 1.5 seconds before (line 6862)

Maybe raise the time to higher value?

S70-R, that makes sense why it happened.

I just changed mine to 15 seconds, program took it ok. So upping time may work.

Changing "maximum boost pressure reduction" looks like it may work also. (looks like they weren't sure though)

Any knocking with that load? None showed on that short clip.

S70-R, that makes sense why it happened.

I just changed mine to 15 seconds, program took it ok. So upping time may work.

Changing "maximum boost pressure reduction" looks like it may work also. (looks like they weren't sure though)

Any knocking with that load? None showed on that short clip.

To get rid of knock at these loads I had to go with low timing advance on peak torque range. For load 10.99 and 11.9:

3000 3600 4200 4800 5400 6000 6600 11.25 11.25 10.50 10.50 15.75 18.75 23.25 11.25 11.25 9.75 9.75 14.25 18.00 21.75

I'm getting knock if and when I change gears fast at WOT. The fastest I shift the more knock I have. If I shift and then return slowly on the throttle I've no knock.

This is not caused by boost spikes. It seems it is part throttle / medium load timing. However, I've already reduced medium load timing a lot and the problem seems to continue (but not too bad as before).

The more weird thing is that when that happens the logged timing for that load and that rpm does not match with the timing I set on the map. It seems ECU is giving much more timing at that loads and for that quick time than it's in the maps. I don't know, it seems really odd...

Edited by S70-R

Little uncalled for, survolvo. Actually, the OBD1 will access the gauge cluster, climate control computer, and transmission computer but not the ECM. The OBD2 works better anyway. If you have a 95 Turbo model, it should already have OBD2 as well as the diagnostic port. It's completely plug and play. I have a 95 Turbo myself and have played around with it a little TOO much.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm so jealous. Not even kidding. But you have a turbocharged model, it should be OBD2 compliant.

Mine isn't in the greatest shape thanks to the PO but I'm happy to have it. Wouldn't mind having a yellow wagon though. Well this guy summed up what I've seen at the parts store with their scanners.

The OBD II works perfect all the time, but Volvo used a non standard OBD II pin layout and non standard protocolls. Most scanners can't work with that and either don't see fault codes or are unable to access modules.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4