Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

Anyone besides TMM9 running the ford dr3z with a 4 bar regulator that has a working constant? I tried 0.43 for 724cc but the idle was Soo horrible. I don't have my downpipe hooked up so no Wideband or narrowband and I need to get the car semi drive able so I can get the exhaust done

you need to try something lower, i'm with 650cc injectors and with a constant of 0.40 i can't get it idling normally, so for 724cc i'm sure that you need values around the upper .30's

you need to try something lower, i'm with 650cc injectors and with a constant of 0.40 i can't get it idling normally, so for 724cc i'm sure that you need values around the upper .30's

Figured because it's definitely running rich as there is black soot coming out the exhaust housing on idle. And the idle surges like crazy. I'll wait for tmm9. Edited by Simply Volvo

Yesterday I did my COP conversion. Interesting to say the least. Ran into a couple of problems but all in all it was straight forward. On a non COP engine, There is no bolt hole for the number 1 coil, the earth that bolts between coil 2 & 3, there is no bolt hole so you have to drill out the earth eyelet and use one of the rocker cover bolts to hold it down, Coil 2, 3, 4 and the earth between 4 & 5 have bolt holes, 5 has a bolt hole but you cant use it, the coil has to be turned to get it to fit as part of the top engine stabiliser is in the way

53751c91-5646-427b-9c52-1a694f81f391.jpg

Its still not right though, If I try and start the engine, It won't start and sometimes pops through the exhaust, If I stop cranking then try again, it fires up fine. Also, as the engine warms up, the idle starts to become lumpy. The spark is very very weak on all 5 coils, Are all 5 coils duff or do I have another issue? Will have to look into it some more.

Edited by Avinitlarge

i have calculated a factor based on those, but i was asking to check if people is using similar values...

I don't quite understand what you mean.....

oh wait... a 3"... which do you have the audi 3"?

That one is somewhat atypical with the sensor somewhat off centre, but i have a conversion factor for it.

Yesterday I did my COP conversion. Interesting to say the least. Ran into a couple of problems but all in all it was straight forward. On a non COP engine, There is no bolt hole for the number 1 coil, the earth that bolts between coil 2 & 3, there is no bolt hole so you have to drill out the earth eyelet and use one of the rocker cover bolts to hold it down, Coil 2, 3, 4 and the earth between 4 & 5 have bolt holes, 5 has a bolt hole but you cant use it as the coil has to be turned to get is to fit as part of the top engine stabiliser is in the way

53751c91-5646-427b-9c52-1a694f81f391.jpg

Its still not right though, If I try and start the engine, It won't start and sometimes pops through the exhaust, If I stop cranking then try again, it fires up fine. Also, as the engine warms up, the idle starts to become lumpy. The spark is very very weak on all 5 coils, Are all 5 coils duff or do I have another issue? Will have to look into it some more.

Firing order ok?

we had at first similar problems with old COP' too.

After mounting the COPs of the C70 of my wife everyting was ok

Could be that one or more cops are worn out.

Edited by Piet

I did have firing order problems in the beginning but sorted that. When its cold, it sounds sweet. Maarten said you had the same problem and it was the coils. These came from a running car, from someone I know on another forum, its just odd how they could have all failed at once

thank you. The one you sent me is dwell table COP (comnservative).xls

Its also wired like this but with how sweet is sounds when cold, I am really doubting its a wiring or ECU problem

B11 - Cylinder 1

B10 - Cylinder 2

B13 - Cylinder 3

B14 - Cylinder 4

B34 - Cylinder 5

Edited by Avinitlarge

The table I send you is the right one.

thank you. The one you sent me is dwell table COP (comnservative).xls

Its also wired like this but with how sweet is sounds when cold, I am really doubting its a wiring or ECU problem

B11 - Cylinder 1

B10 - Cylinder 2

B13 - Cylinder 3

B14 - Cylinder 4

B34 - Cylinder 5

That correct also.

Maybe one or two coils are faulty.

Edited by Piet