Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

I've loaded a 611 V70 R bin into tunerpro. All the data looks right, you can edit it and save it, it will run fine on the car but I always got a P0605 MIL which is a checksum error. I've loaded other ecu bins into tunerpro and everything is mixed up. Just stick with the 608/607

Has anyone had any luck with 630cc Siemens Deka yet? I am wanting to fit mine but heard they can be an ass to setup

Their minimum stable pulsewidth is right at 1.5ms which is a bit higher than the PW you'll need to get your car running stoich at idle. For a stable idle AFR you'll have to set your minimum injection time to compensate leaving you with a rich idle. You'll then have to disable your idle fuel trims since your STFTs will try and pull as much fuel as possible due to the rich idle.

That is my experience at least.

For dead times see this page:

http://www.siemensdeka.com/product/60lbh-siemens-deka-4-mototron-high-impedance-long-style-ev1-fi114961/#!prettyPhoto

Edited by Tightmopedman9

Thanks so much for the advice , I was hoping to get the maps them selves and export. I just dont want to have to adjust whats on the 850 map when really right now I just want to start with deleting the o2 and sas.

Am I miss understanding the way tuner pro works? I was under the impression that you cant read the stock ecu maps only burn to the ECU . That is why I wanted a factory set up maps.

I've loaded a 611 V70 R bin into tunerpro. All the data looks right, you can edit it and save it, it will run fine on the car but I always got a P0605 MIL which is a checksum error. I've loaded other ecu bins into tunerpro and everything is mixed up. Just stick with the 608/607

I thought the injectors and boost maps would all be differant ?

Ive been too busy to pull the laptop out and download the app and mess with it but I should have my ECU and switch in the mail soon.

I scored a 98 xc ecu and a 3rd row seat and belts for the wifes 2000 xcse for $175 total on ebay !

I, as well as a few others on here, run the DR3Z9F593A Ford injectors, which are made by Bosch, that are from a 2014 Shelby GT500. They flow up to 627cc at 3Bar fuel pressure. They're fairly linear and tune really easily, given that the car has had a Stage "0". I may have a set up for sale soon, I blew my engine for a second time, another bearing gone due to oil starvation. I can't afford to keep fixing it, so I'm shelving my addiction for the time being.

I remember you reporting this issue before as well. It is weird because I had no problems when flashing my S70R with the stock R 611 bin.

My file is a 608 p-part bin, initially with full R tables and parameters, but now obviously with a lot of modifications on ignition, fuel and tcv maps (and a few others).

Running just fine at 19/20psi on my current 18T. The only issue is some knock I got specially during the day when temperatures are higher. For instance if we have 35ºC it will knock really bad even in 3rd gear but with 20ºC I can do full 3rd gear pulls with no or just a few knock (4th and 5th will have some knock anyway due to higher loads and higher cyl temps).

Im still running stock DP (decat) with TME catback. The stock DP is probably the reason I'm getting knock due to high cyl temps.

That's why I'll be upgrading soon with R manifold, 3" DP, kinugawa 20T (I have already decided myself to go with this one) and N/A cams. Just need to pull the trigger on the 20T.

Due to R mani, 3"DP and 20T 7cm angled exhaust housing (instead of straight 6cm on 18T) I hope to lower cyl temps significantly, get rid of the knock and also get more power.

Edited by S70-R

Question regarding ADC inputs on M4.4 ECU:

Don't remember seeing it in this thread but maybe I (and google) missed it; does anyone know a source for the ECU female connectors in the M4.3/4.4 ECU A/B connectors?

I want to use two ADC inputs for AFR and Boost on my 855T (to be fed from my 0-5v output from AEM gauges) mainly for logging purposes. And I want to run the wiring thru the stock ECU connector.

From what I've read (so far) the best candidates are the Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor (B31) and the Rear O2 Sensor. But I would rather leave the rear O2 hooked up as is (for inspections) if possible; have you guys discovered any other un-used ADC input channels? Sure would be nice to log EGT as well..

As usual (goes w/o saying it in every post) a million thanks for the work being done here.. :tup:

Here is a list of the ADC channels courtesy of ecuproject.com

ADC Channels in Motronic 4.4:

channel 0: Throttle Position Sensor
channel 1: Battery
channel 2: Front HO2S heating
channel 3: ECT
channel 4: MAF
channel 5: Rear HO2S signal
channel 6: Knock Sensors
channel 7: Front HO2S signal
channel 8: Ambient Temp Sensor
channel 9: Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor
channel 10: switched channel (Baro, ECU Box Temp, A/C Pressure, Rear HO2S Heating,...)
channel 11: Vertical Acceleration Sensor

I would definitely use the Fuel Tank Pressure sensor channel.

if you are looking for a second channel you can use the ambient temp senosr channel, but you will need to wire it straight to that channel and bypass the voltage divider circuit. You'll also need a resistor most likely for current limiting reasons.

You can also use channel 10 baro sensor. This channel is switched through the SCL4402 chip and takes some extra logic to get working. I don't believe I fully tested this one.

I think the most recent and better approach is to use an arduino to feed in more input into tuner pro and a custom ADX plugin. I got a version up and running of this long ago and then sent the source code to one of the other developers on here (I dont remember who and im sure theyll chime in) and they did some modifications and got it fully functional.

Edited by Simply Volvo

Thanks for the quick reply!

I can see where adding an arduino would make sense on '98 MY, but why not use the existing un-used channels for an 850? E.g. why not use channel 11? Is it because another disable switch needs to be added to the bin/xdf? Sorry if this is novice question.

Also anyone know of a source for ECU female connector pins? I think it may be similar to this one but need to take a connector apart and ck dims.

http://www.onlinecomponents.com/te-connectivity-amp-brand-9278721.html?p=10530350

Edited by gdog