Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

Looking at the 451 bin in MotronicSuite Boost Category and comparing with the 607 bin (plus rev5b .xdf) Turbo-Related category in Tuner Pro, Motronic Suite has "Map for maximum duty cycle value [DF76]". There doesn't seem to be a counterpart map viewable in TunerPro.

Is the absence of this map any practical concern for tuning? It seems that working in TunerPro, the maximum (~99.6) TCV Duty Cycle Pilot control values

together with the paired Target Load Setpoint map values would cover the "maximum duty cycle value" cases.

Edited by Horses With Gas

TMM9,

I didn't expect Motronic Suite to be reliable or accurate. But in some cases (not all) the 607 .bin parameter tables do correlate well with some maps in Motronic Suite.
I was looking for anything useful in tuning a LPT version of M4.4.

Hi all,

I,m new to this forum but has followed the thread for a while... :)

I,m in the process of making a rev5b xdf swap from 607-608 bin to a 609 bin. I have done the fueling, knocking, ignition and rpm + load scales so far and will continue down the list as long as needed.

I have also done a tt 4.3 to m4.4 swap on my 850 and are able to log and so on but I am waiting for the spring in order to take it out for a ride.. 8)

Reason for making a 609 xdf is to be able to tune my brothers V70 awd -97 (193hp) and get a nice calibration swap from the 2,5 litre setup and not jus take the 607 and hope for the best.

// Turboforslund

Turboforslund,

Do you have access to LPT maps for comparison?

For that 609 bin, I wonder if there are any differences with the ignition, fuel, or boost maps compared with an American market LPT ECU: i.e. 610, 460, 458 etc.

That is, if there was an expectation that the "premium fuel" octane levels would be higher in your geographic location.

Have you been tuning with wideband O2 data?

Horses With Gas,

I guess the calibration is very similar to the 610 since it should be the same engine and most likely similar to other 2,5 liter setups.

The fuel, ignition, knock and many more is not near the 607-608 calibration, it's clearly different. I hope this xdf can offer some more information to those who plan to get "as close as possible" to their setup. A good base... 8)

The wideband pins is taken out of the connectors and is waiting for the sensor to be bought and connected. Only logging but no tuning has begun more than some minor fixes.

Another thing I am wondering about:

Thinking about putting a voltage stepup on the B8 pin so I will get the possibility to flash in vehicle w/o charger and other stuff. Is that enough or do the whole box need a greater voltage then 13.5-13.8V??

It would be nice to just flick the bootmode switch and flash at ignition on/ engine off wherever I whish... 8)

// Turboforslund

Yes I know but is +14V needed on all standard pins and pin B8 or is it okay to just have 12V on the standard pins and +14V on pin B8. Some ecus only have the need to have higher volts on the boot pin, Is that the case on m4.4 as well? I have a 15v pc charger for the benchflash and I will try to test if my step-up idea works in the car. I've ordered a step-up from ebay and will try it out soon... 8)

// Turboforslund

Hi again,

I can now confirm that flashing is working flawless with 12.0V on all the standard pins and 15.4V on the B8 bootmode pin with a common ground between the battery and my pc charger.

This meens that flashing ecu's from the 12v supply in the car is all doable if you just put a voltage step-up on the B8 pin and put a flash on/off switch somewhere (mine is next to the OBD connector).

Flick n' Flash is the way to go! 8)

Also:

609 xdf is on it's way, 90% done right now. Running out of pain-killers soon....

// Turboforslund

• Upvote 1

Hi again,

I can now confirm that flashing is working flawless with 12.0V on all the standard pins and 15.4V on the B8 bootmode pin with a common ground between the battery and my pc charger.

This meens that flashing ecu's from the 12v supply in the car is all doable if you just put a voltage step-up on the B8 pin and put a flash on/off switch somewhere (mine is next to the OBD connector).

Flick n' Flash is the way to go! 8)

Also:

609 xdf is on it's way, 90% done right now. Running out of pain-killers soon....

// Turboforslund

Interesting! And good work.