Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

When I look at the TCV routine in the bin I see the TCV table being read after that the "tabel LDR Duty cycle correction, altitude" being read and added and after that the "tabel: LDR duty cycle correction, intake air temperature" being read and added, but no adaptive parameters being added or subtracted so far.

But I have to say that I didn't find yet where the TCV actually is being driven, it could be that there, at the last moment, an adaptive factor comes into play.

For the ignition and fueling there sure is an adaptive learning process. For the TCV I'am not sure yet.

Edited by Piet

Before the TCV table is read the table "tabel: Threshold sum of cylinder retard values for boost pressure reduction" is read.

That's the only momentary reduction of boost that is applyed in the routine, so in case of ignition retard there will be a boostreduction as dictated in that table.

This is not a true adaptation of the TCV though but more like a safety measurement in case of knock. (retard)

Edited by Piet

Not sure about the fueling being adaptive. After some pulls and cruising, I still can calculate a factor that is VE_map_cell * inj_constant * LTFT_PL * XFK_ANR and I get the exact FKORR value in the log, so there don't seem to be other factors involved.

If you consider XFK_ANR as an adaptive factor, then you may be right.

Well the TCV routine is stil under investigation.

Maybe there is a certain adaptation, when I look at the routine again I see now that, just before the TCV table is read, a parameter "LMR-Sollwert mit adaptiver Absenkung" comes in to play.

Which is calculated from " Faktor für Sollwertabsenkung ohne Adapion |umr:F" at that point and " korrigierter LMR-Sollwert aus Kennfeld |umr:TL|" and " LMR-Sollwert - Wert aus Lastlinie 1 |umr:TL|"

(LMR being TCV duty cycle)

I have to find first where the TCV is actually being driven in the bin.

Edited by Piet

Not sure about the fueling being adaptive. After some pulls and cruising, I still can calculate a factor that is VE_map_cell * inj_constant * LTFT_PL * XFK_ANR and I get the exact FKORR value in the log, so there don't seem to be other factors involved.

If you consider XFK_ANR as an adaptive factor, then you may be right.

Of course the fueling is adaptive...the long term fuel trims are the fueling adaptations.

TCV learning in a M4.4 car has no meaning, to my opinion.

The TCV it self is a simple solenoid, that just needs to be fast enough.

The ECU cannot learn from it because there is no feedback loop.

In a ME7 car, there is a boost pressure sensor, so theoretically there is a way to make a learning system, that controls the load more precisely.

But that does not change fact that any good TCV will give the same result.

I guess that sales people are fond of mystification. ;)

TCV learning in a M4.4 car has no meaning, to my opinion.

The ECU cannot learn from it because there is no feedback loop.

In a ME7 car, there is a boost pressure sensor, so theoretically there is a way to make a learning system, that controls the load more

. ;)

Mwa, The ECU uses the caculated load as feedback in comparison to the requested load it calculates from the relevant tables.

That way there could be an adaptation though.

I will log the "LMR-Sollwert mit adaptiver Absenkung" parameter for a while to see what relevance it has in comparison to the TCV table and the actual TCV duty cycle.

Edited by Piet

In short, I had a ME7 box and MAF in front of me and it looked like a good temporary upgrade, size and fitment wise. Upon further consideration, that is not the case...

I think you misunderstand. There are two separate things here. The Housing and the Sensor. The ME7 MAF housing is larger ID. The ME7 sensor in the housing doesn't register any more flow than the M4.x . The housing is what makes the difference. The M4.x sensor will not fit in the ME7 housing neck. Put them side by side and see for your self. The orientation is different, and the hole is slotted to prevent Mis installation of a different sensor. The wiring is also different.

I've been driving with it a few moths now, as some others are too, it seems to be working quite good.

It makes tuning a lot easier. Mileage has improved considerably.

It will probably be implemented in a next software version.

Piet, is there a complete elimination of the factory Narrowband O2 with this system? My factory narrowband is dead and I don't predict that my car will run for the next 2 months. I am hoping that I can use the WB02 signal from my Innovate LC-2 to have complete closed-loop wideband regulation. Am I correct in assuming that your software-based wideband regulation only requires a calibrated WB02 input to work properly?

I am thinking that the ECU still expects a Narrowband O2 to be connected so even if it is not being used it will trigger a CEL. If this is the case, is there anyway to suppress a CEL from being generated with those who are using WB regulation without a narrowband sensor?

Piet, is there a complete elimination of the factory Narrowband O2 with this system?

Yes.

My factory narrowband is dead and I don't predict that my car will run for the next 2 months. I am hoping that I can use the WB02 signal from my Innovate LC-2 to have complete closed-loop wideband regulation. Am I correct in assuming that your software-based wideband regulation only requires a calibrated WB02 input to work properly?

Yes.

I am thinking that the ECU still expects a Narrowband O2 to be connected so even if it is not being used it will trigger a CEL. If this is the case, is there anyway to suppress a CEL from being generated with those who are using WB regulation without a narrowband sensor?

Yes, that will be possible in the next version of the bin.

According to user kir in an older post, you can disable rear Lambda like this:
"In binary file editor go to offset 0xF1D0 and change 00 to anything but not 00. 01 is good choice. Do the same at offset 0x1F1D0."
In my collection only these files have 00 in that position except one where it is part of a predefined dynamic record table.
0261204611_1037357530.bin
0261204612_1037357531.bin
In 0261204449_1037357519.bin this appears to be address 0xF122.
CDKAT Codewort Katalysator-Diagnose im OBDII-Mode (invers: Europa-Mode)
In 0261204570_1037358289.bin this is probably 0x102C
CDKAT codeword for DKAT ( 0 = DKAT off ,[1...255] = DKAT on )
So 00 can be either on or off depending on software version.
Available ..606,..607 and ..608 files have 01 so they probably work opposite.