Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

Uphill = less speed = warmer intake air = more thermal stress = more knock.

// Turboforslund

Yes but that will happen with or without the p-part bin as our ECU's have not any proper IAT sensor and/or EGT sensor.

That's also the reason why I talked about an ignition by gear bin for 2 months ago or so because at extended WOT pulls in the higher gears and higher rpms we'll have more thermal stress thus probably the need to reduce timing a bit.

Edited by S70-R

Yeah I remember your ideas, it's to bad that the ECU doesn't compensate or torque limit due to intake air temp. Knock control will (hopefully) do whats necessary to save the engine if the hardware and calibration is properly matched. Bad intercoolers and stressed mini-turbos is never a good combo.

Your idea makes the system prepared for the worst cenario even if it doesn't appear. I think it's nice to have load-per-gear limits to reduce wheelspinn and thermal stress in one go, it's common practice in modern systems (saves transmission components as well).

// Turboforslund

Paul, that table reduces the tcv table. In other words reduces boost as the ambient temp gets lower. I believe it does it not to reduce exactly load but to reduce torque output in lower temperatures as lower temps result in higher torque.

Edited by S70-R

I like that idea. We are tuning Volvo's who cares about MPG, Its never going to be good

Sorry, I was tired. Just fit a gauge or even better, log the AFR.

I already have a gauge, the Innovate Autotimer, problem is that if I'm going to a Spartan2 I'd no longer have a gauge and I don't like the aesthetics (yeah, seriously... my car is sleeper enough, I hate having a tonne of gauges cluttering the interior) of any of 14point7's gauges. If the instantaneous MPG (or something else) could be repurposed to display AFR then that would be a nice option. Having a wideband display isn't a necessity but sometimes I like having it as a quick reference just for my peace of mind. I'm sure others would agree.

Piet, so do you think this could be done?

The MPG display updates once per second, and could be too slow to save you from a too lean AFR. Also have that in mind.

It would be for a quick reference, i.e. to make sure you're targeting 14.7 at cruising and 11.5-12 under load at a quick glance... this would be for the guys who have everything tuned properly already and would still like some info being displayed.

Yes, for that purpose it would be ok. But I don't know if MPG calculation is done in ECU or inside the Trip computer "button" or even in the dashboard, and ECU just sends the injection time and injector constant for consumption display to it, leaving the calculations to the trip computer.

For some reason, I keep on getting a checksum CEL. P0605/EFI-112. I haven't changed a thing in my file system, tried saving the BIN on 2 computers, The checksum updater DLL is in the correct place, TP says checksum updated.

6DE1B846-4C88-4184-936B-271489C5E91F.jpg

Try a fresh bin => also had this problem/cel in the beginning and was caused by a corrupted bin.

Loaded a fresh new bin and cel never came back, think it was a checksum error or something like that.