Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

Another separate issue is that I cannot reliably export selective data fields with the ASUS T100 tablet (running W8.1) - sometimes it will move over the chosen field, mostly not. In this video clip I took as example, from 20sec on the fields I select just disappear. Doesn't make a difference whether I double-click or select & use the side arrow button.

Seems like no matter what laptop I use, there are issues. At least this tablet doesn't have the logging dropouts that I get with the Toshiba Satellite.

th_E332629F-B7F6-4F52-9E8C-AE0E4CC8D70F_

Edited by lookforjoe

The heater ground is of no real importance, you can connect it to the chassis, engine of whatever.

It's the electronics grounding that can induce offsets.

The microcontroller measures voltage input relative to its own ground .

Therefore  grounding of the WB should be as close to the microcontroller's ground as possible, which is A28.

There will Always be some discrepancies between requested AFR and actual AFR, due to things like  injectors being shut off by the ECU during deceleration or tip in enrichement at the start of an acceleration etc.

During idle and cruising the actual AFR wil oscillate around the requested AFR with a certain amplitude, that's normal and of no importance.

What's important however is that during prolonged acceleration the actual AFR does follow rather closely the requested AFR.

A good log with a pull in it will probably reveal more

Edited by Piet

Another separate issue is that I cannot reliably export selective data fields with the ASUS T100 tablet (running W8.1) - sometimes it will move over the chosen field, mostly not. In this video clip I took as example, from 20sec on the fields I select just disappear. Doesn't make a difference whether I double-click or select & use the side arrow button.

Seems like no matter what laptop I use, there are issues. At least this tablet doesn't have the logging dropouts that I get with the Toshiba Satellite.

th_E332629F-B7F6-4F52-9E8C-AE0E4CC8D70F_

Damn.... i just  tried it like you did in your video, i do have the same prolem with it..........wtf?

Edited by Piet

New problem in TunerPro.

I cannot save any bins - get this error message

Screenshot%202015-07-11%2022.15.29_zps5a

any thoughts?

EDIT - forgot that the checksum plugin has to be reinstalled - I had reinstalled TP RT to try & fix the data export issue.

Edited by lookforjoe

There is also that other little, but annoying thing, in Tunerpro...The errormessage  that the file can't be found while changing directorys when loading a file.

HUGELY annoying :) 

I was just thinking... How is this thread not stickied yet? There is soooo much useful information for so many people and I would hate for it to be missed by a passerby or unsuspecting googler. Just my newbie opinion on the matter.....

• Upvote 1

Can't figure out what parameter option (scalar, table, function) to create, and how to insert the table :( got this far -

I just realized what you were asking. The address is the location of the currently selected gear in RAM. So you have to change the datalogging routine (in the .bin), and replace an already logged value with gear. 

Hi guys... really needing some help here...

Trying all day yesterday to dial in my greens. Finally decided to put them in. I finally got to a injector constant of 0.7734 and dead time 0.624 from 12V to 14V. But there's something I don't understand, and I had the same problem when setting up the whites :

Fuel trims disabled, engine warm. Start the engine, let it idle for 3 minutes so everything stabilizes -> AFR stabilizes at 15.4-15.5. Take it for a spin, do 3-4 pulls, get some knocking (it's really hot here), come back home, let it idle again for 3-4 minutes. AFR stabilizes at 14.7-14.8. WTF ? Same for a injector constant of 0.7656 and same 0.624 dead time. Even if engine is warm, it starts from over 15.5, and after 2-3 pulls it stabilizes at 14.7-14.8 when waiting at a red light.

Really in need of some advice, because I cannot calibrate properly because of this behaviour :(

I forgot to mention, adaptive knocking is disabled too (set the temp to 175 degrees in the ADX)

Edited by Midnight Caller