Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

Before you decided to post this in this thread, did you try to contact him through a pm?

Why did I have to PM the guy I don't know him just discovered that this guy posted my results up with my registration number After I paid a trader to do work and map my car and I find out he is advising said trader how to map? And after getting to use the car all properly on track all they have done is made it slower. Also people need to know that 750cc injectors with the BMW MAF housing and a 19T is not a good combination I mean how low is the duty cycle? Duty cycle needs to be around 80-85% and this should be discussed openly on this thread so other tuning experts can chip in and say what they think is wrong?

• Downvote 10

Why did I have to PM the guy I don't know him just discovered that this guy posted my results up with my registration number After I paid a trader to do work and map my car and I find out he is advising said trader how to map? And after getting to use the car all properly on track all they have done is made it slower. Also people need to know that 750cc injectors with the BMW MAF housing and a 19T is not a good combination I mean how low is the duty cycle? Duty cycle needs to be around 80-85% and this should be discussed openly on this thread so other tuning experts can chip in and say what they think is wrong?

I'm going to say that this conversation needs to happen elsewhere, and not in this thread.

I will address your tuning concern though. 80-85% is the MAX duty cycle that you want to run with injectors, not the recommend duty cycle. The only draw back to running too large of an injector is that idle quality suffers if the injector can't supply a small enough amount of fuel at idle. There is no detriment to performance by running too large of an injector. You could theoretically run and infinitely sized injector if was able to inject the proper amount of fuel at idle. The same goes with the MAF, the only thing that will suffer with too large of a MAF housing is idle quality (and this probably won't happen unless you go above 5" ID).

Edited by Tightmopedman9
  • Upvote 2

All I am saying on the matter is, shouldn't have said help, I should have said "advised". I never actually saw the car, just the bin and logs, and plenty of discussions over the phone.

Anything else you want to say, do it via PM or contact the person who tuned the car, like he has asked you to. Don't spout your crap on here, making yourself look silly.

• Upvote 3

This is why I hate Internet forums no one can ever really tell the other person's demeanor. If you want get a mod to delete the bits you think are inappropriate but I would like to discuss and hear from others why my map has come back with rubbish results and hear what others think is wrong, I know there is something not right as the car is now slower and less powerful with a larger engine, larger turbo and bigger injectors with a 4.4 map mapped using the ostrich  so very reliant and lots of input to be had, not blaming Avinitlarge for the map but shocked he posted my results and was involved in anyway. So let's discuss what people think is not right with the map???

• Downvote 4

This is why I hate Internet forums no one can ever really tell the other person's demeanor. If you want get a mod to delete the bits you think are inappropriate but I would like to discuss and hear from others why my map has come back with rubbish results and hear what others think is wrong, I know there is something not right as the car is now slower and less powerful with a larger engine, larger turbo and bigger injectors with a 4.4 map mapped using the ostrich  so very reliant and lots of input to be had, not blaming Avinitlarge for the map but shocked he posted my results and was involved in anyway. So let's discuss what people think is not right with the map???

Do you have the bin-file?

Ok, but then you need to distinguish between 2 topics:

Topic 1: You are unsatisfied with what you purchased: deal 1 on 1 with the person who you did business with

Topic 2: You wonder why your performance is low and would like to have feedback from this community: get the details of your tune which are sufficient and have to deal specifically with M4.4 tuning via TunerPro, share it on this forum and have people comment.

There are a lot of variables influencing your performance. It's looking for a needle in a haystack to randomly start guessing whats wrong (timing pull, cam setting, AFR's too rich, boost levels outside of efficiency zones, backpressure, engine failure, heat problems, etc). So it would help if you can post the details of your tune.

Edited by Martijn_B

The same goes with the MAF, the only thing that will suffer with too large of a MAF housing is idle quality (and this probably won't happen unless you go above 5" ID).

The MAF curve is a parabola wich means  that the resolution loss at lower RPMs will be the least with increasing diameter of the MAF housing, so idle quality wont suffer even if you go much beyond 5" :)

mafcurves.jpg

Then your approach should have been very different.

All you did in your first post, without even knowing what is the real cause of your disappointing results,  was burning down someone who was just willing to help to the best of his abilities.

Most of the time it's harware related anyway. For that matter it could have been yourself who did something "wrong".

I don't know about the others here, but after this I'am certainly not inclined to help you with this in any way.

Edited by Piet
  • Upvote 1

Tht is my car I am not happy with the results! You where not helping map a friends car I don't even know you all you have achieved is making a car slower! Before it had a 16T and 470cc injectors and made 327bhp and 343 ft lbs and that was with a 2.3 less HP maybe but torque with a 2.5 should be a lot higher your mapping efforts are not good AFR'S AT WOT are 10.3 and it's running meth took it on track yesterday and all it did was backfire on every gear change and I have never burn so much fuel for a track day. Where in your head do you think 750 cc injectors are required for 330-345 hp UK that is not US or WHP?  A graphic does not mean a car drives well in the real world your tuning is not good Avinitlarge! 

Unacceptable to phrase things like this out of the blue in this thread.
The man who actually tuned your car should be given a chance to correct if there's anything wrong.

As said above by Martijn there's many things affecting performance after such a swap. It might not even be the tune at fault here.
I'm a little tired of shouting people like you. We are trying to have a civilized discussion here to accumulate knowledge, and to sift out nonsense which floats around the internet in large quantities.
I suggest you think a little bit harder before posting uninformed / erroneous crap like this, or gtfo this forum. -.-

Edited by venderbroeck
  • Upvote 2

Unacceptable to phrase things like this out of the blue in this thread.The man who actually tuned your car should be given a chance to correct if there's anything wrong.
As said above by Martijn there's many things affecting performance after such a swap. It might not even be the tune at fault here.
I'm a little tired of shouting people like you. We are trying to have a civilized discussion here to accumulate knowledge, and to sift out nonsense which floats around the internet in large quantities.
I suggest you think a little bit harder before posting uninformed / erroneous crap like this, or gtfo this forum. -.-

lol at you! I already said get a mod to remove what you don't like and then you post up trying to bait me into an argument by telling me to gtfo off this forum I am a member the same as you so please be civil to other members I have not sworn at anyone! So now who's out of order? my original post was at 4am in an airport after only 3 hours of sleep waiting to catch a plane to Holland and I was not awake, so please try to be a decent human being and give people the benifit of doubt.

Can MOD please remove every thing including my first post and keep the thread clean and I will come back with facts files and details.

There You Go how hard was that?

Thanks Greg

• Downvote 6

The nerv really. .....talking about being civil to other members....

I'am curious how many members are still willing to be of any assitance to you when you come back with yout fact files and details.

And just stop with bullshiiting you a a way out with remarks like having noet enough sleep and such, makes you even more ridiculous

lol at you! I already said get a mod to remove what you don't like and then you post up trying to bait me into an argument by telling me to gtfo off this forum I am a member the same as you so please be civil to other members I have not sworn at anyone! So now who's out of order? my original post was at 4am in an airport after only 3 hours of sleep waiting to catch a plane to Holland and I was not awake, so please try to be a decent human being and give people the benifit of doubt.

Can MOD please remove every thing including my first post and keep the thread clean and I will come back with facts files and details.

There You Go how hard was that?

Thanks Greg

It doesn't matter really.
The only reason to post something like that in the open instead of sending him a PM is to make avinitlarge (a respected member of our community) look bad.

If you're too sleepy to think clearly, then take a break before posting simple as that.
There's a trend going on of people just shouting anything they want whenever they want, and expecting that this is acceptable.
Often these people get all defensive if someone else dares say anything about it.
That my friend is far more uncivil, than me saying you should either think twice before coming here and attack someone at random like that, or get lost. 

• Upvote 3

The nerv really. .....talking about being civil to other members....

I'am curious how many members are still willing to be of any assistance to you when you come back with yout fact files and details.

And just stop with I'm dumbting you a a way out with remarks like having not enough sleep and such..... makes you even more ridiculous

And yes...it would be  best when the mods remove all your posts and all the post related to your post.

Edited by Piet
  • Upvote 1

I am a member the same as you

Not quite, Piet and Venderbroeck have put a lot of time and effort into the 4.4 tuning world, They have made some incredible advances.
You have, errr well, Not.

The only way you can sort this out is by contacting Shem. You've made your bed, now its time to lie in it.

• Upvote 1