Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

New member here, working on a M4.4 controlled T6 engine. Nothing worthwhile to post yet except for a pile of parts.. But following this thread with great interest! Awesome stuff you guys made possible!! 

If of any interest, I have a M4.4 ecu from a 960 without immobilizer. Anyone that can use that BIN, pics of the boards or something else?

• Upvote 1

On Sat Nov 07 2015 21:16:07 GMT+0100, Botje said:

New member here, working on a M4.4 controlled T6 engine. Nothing worthwhile to post yet except for a pile of parts.. But following this thread with great interest! Awesome stuff you guys made possible!! 

If of any interest, I have a M4.4 ecu from a 960 without immobilizer. Anyone that can use that BIN, pics of the boards or something else?

Welkom :-)

Would be interesting to read a build thread for this.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Boxman said:

When calibrating the injectors (M4.4 rev5b bin), which of the tables corresponds to the dead time? Is this the "Basic Adjustment Factor"? I can see the opening time by voltage, but no specific table for injector dead time.

Opening times by voltage is the same as dead time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, S70-R said:

Opening times by voltage is the same as dead time.

Ah, so I got it the wrong way around. May explain my confusion. So the Basic Adjustment Factor only affects the injector pulsewidth (so this would be the Injector Constant) while the Injector Opening Time by Voltage is a table with dead times, right? So those are the two to use when calibrating new injectors.

1 hour ago, Boxman said:

So the Basic Adjustment Factor only affects the injector pulsewidth (so this would be the Injector Constant) while the Injector Opening Time by Voltage is a table with dead times, right? So those are the two to use when calibrating new injectors.

Yep!

Assuming you've already seen this but read it N times until it makes sense and you know it backwards and forwards..  :biggrin:

http://m44.wikia.com/wiki/Tuning_the_Injector_constant_and_dead_times

Talking about injector calibration....

We've been working on something very useful for non-ostrich users lately.
I have modified a bin to enable two way communication while driving.

My dad wrote a program which can communicate with my routines.
It has a nice interface with displays for afr, mean afr, rpm, and load.
It also has some buttons which can be used to alter the dead time and the injector constant.
Using some trickery, the injector constant and the dead time can be altered in the ecu while the engine is running.
This means that you can do the injector calibration in real time just like you could with an ostrich, only then without spending 170 dollars for an ostrich! :D

The development version of the program looks like this (don't mind the values, this was taken while bench testing):

InjCalibrator_1.jpg

Of course you can set it up to suit your hardware:

InjCalSettings_2.jpg

It starts out at the values you enter in the calibration bin before uploading.
After that you can start the calibration process.
Once you've found your calibration values you can enter them into your existing bin.
Of course you only find one dead time value, but that was already the case with the calibration process.

There are some optimizations in progress, but it already works very nicely in the car.

Edited by venderbroeck
  • Upvote 8

4 hours ago, razorx said:

I am highly impressed.

Dont you two ever stop inventing very clever things?

^^  +1000!!  :biggrin:

5 hours ago, venderbroeck said:

Talking about injector calibration....
Using some trickery, the injector constant and the dead time can be altered in the ecu while the engine is running.

Does "trickery" mean you're editing volatile RAM or are you actually updating flash?  :blink:

And what's next?  You guys going to start competing with Moates?

Once again, you and Piet rock!!

Edited by gdog