Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

It seems like you have obtained the best results with the RI:190 , RP255 and the KI, KP, KD stock.

That's exactly what I also found earlier, seems to be the best.

Still I found the effect of changing any of these factors quite minimal.

More important for reducing the amplitude of the oscillation of the AFR round the requested AFR is the speed of the wide band controller.

W've installed several ALM controllers of Ecotron and we saw in every case a substantial improvement with it, while these controllers are faster then all the others.

Standard the STFT is turned off with fuel enrichement which can lead to an undesired leaning out instead of enrichement if the effect of the STFT (while enriching)   is greater then the the effect of the fuel enrichement.

I found a way to keep the STFT going while there's fuel enrichement  (I'll PM you how).

However the STFT will still strive to the target  AFR nullifying the knock fuel enrichement, but at least there will be no leaning out anymore.

A solution could be to subbtract  a an enrichment of the value read from the target AFR table in case of knock, .

With all respect,  I still don't understand why you are using two seperate tables for VE and target AFR.

I don't see any advantage of it, it only complicates things.

I'am  using the VE table as a target AFR table and my results are quite the same as yours, certainly not worse.

Edited by Piet

Not quite tuning related. Ive been searching high and low for a 32 pin DIL to IDC, Couldn't find anything so I ended up asking the nice people at moates. They gave me a link to the supplier and updated a page on there website explaining how to make a lead.
This is that page, part number PCI-32
http://www.cablesandconnectors.com/09800-09.HTM

4 hours ago, TryingBe said:

Is there a way for changing tire size in the calibration files?

There is a table in which you can set the gear ratio so that gear detection is accurate, but the speed signal comes straight from the ABS, so this doesn't affect the speedo reading or the speed within M4.4

Thanks for the info, that's too bad.

I have another question.

Is there a way to stop the manual calibration to stop holding the RPM while shifting like an auto cal would? I find the RPM holding useless for downshift and make my upshift slow since I have to wait the RPM to drop.

Thanks.

22 hours ago, Piet said:

Thanks. Wow, that's a lot of work!

It probably doesn't help anyone here, but I found the M4.3 R auto 0261203627 calibration file that does not set the CEL when used with an manual swapped M4.3 car. The rev drop immediately after stepping on the clutch using the 627 file.

http://www.thelostartof.net/tryingbe/bigred/Volvo 850 T5-R 240HP 0261203627-358234.zip

9 hours ago, TryingBe said:

Thanks. Wow, that's a lot of work!

It probably doesn't help anyone here, but I found the M4.3 R auto 0261203627 calibration file that does not set the CEL when used with an manual swapped M4.3 car. The rev drop immediately after stepping on the clutch using the 627 file.

http://www.thelostartof.net/tryingbe/bigred/Volvo 850 T5-R 240HP 0261203627-358234.zip

Hi,

I have the exact same experience. My manual 850 drops rpm immediately with the m4.3 (627 auto bin) but is hanging at gearchange when using m4.4 (608 man bin).

// Turboforslund

Hi,

A few questions about tuning a 98 S90 ecu. 

In a S/V70 ecu, to activate flash mode, I must join pins B8 and A12 (igniton power). What about for S90/960?

Also, does anyone have .xdf and .adx and .bin file for 98 S90? 

My ECU number is 0 261 203 854

Thanks,

Evan

25 minutes ago, Skavac said:

Hi,

A few questions about tuning a 98 S90 ecu. 

In a S/V70 ecu, to activate flash mode, I must join pins B8 and A12 (igniton power). What about for S90/960?

Also, does anyone have .xdf and .adx and .bin file for 98 S90? 

My ECU number is 0 261 203 854

Thanks,

Evan

Hi,

You need the bin file (you need to remove the chip and read it out) as well as an xdf but I don't think anyone has done it yet for the S/V90's (afaik).  

Thd B8 pin need ~14-15V to enable bootmode.  Igniton (A12) is not high enough without a proper charger with booster.  

Benchflashing only needs a 15V PC-charger and for flashing in the car I made a HW mod described in the Wikia.

What do you want to change in the bin? Some sparknumbers should be fairly easy to change by creating a simple .xdf for it.  

Has anyone tested if the tunerpro checksum updater works for S/V90's?

// Turboforslund

Checksum is in the same location, so I don't see why it wouldn't.

Here is a 960 .bin:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1qxnllzm5q5gn8/960.bin?dl=0

Here is a .xdf I spent probably less than 5 minutes on a year ago:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w4o1w6h1citki72/960.xdf?dl=0

Hmm, 

So B8 is to enable boot mode. And I understand I need a powerful charger. 

I would like to achieve simple things that most of you can do with your FWD Cars, emissions disable, more fueling, aggressive timing, etc

If 850/S70 ECUs have it on B8, then what pin will my S90 have it on?

I already have the bin from the TIghtmopedman9, and the xdf as well. 

Not to be rude but, the xdf seems pretty crude. Do you have other xdfs for 960?

Thanks

Edited by Skavac