Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

Hi,

All M4.4 should have boot at pin B8. 

I have heard that S/V90 have a different layout in the code, a mix of M4.3 and M4.4 ish.. (don't know for sure, haven't played with it myself).  

The TMM9 bin and xdf might work together but it's not sure that the xdf will match a 0261203854 bin.  

The immobilizer might get a bit tricky if you overwrite your current bin by flashing another bin since it doesn't match your standard setup anymore.  

Do you have a spare S/V90 ECU (6-cyl M4.4) to play with?

// Turboforslund

If you have 55 pins, then you have a Motronic 1.8.

M4.4 does not contain car specific information, so you can use binaries with or without immo if the rest of the immo system is happy.

TMM9 is short for Tightmopedman9 and referring to the bin and xdf he posted for you.

Hi guys,

I've read on a few post back on System Voltage. I have a fluctuating System Voltage ranging from 12.9-13.4V. I dont know how this will effect my injector calibration. My question is, where does the logging get the value from? Pin A26/A27? A circuit test to these pin doesnt show any resistance. Recently i fix the B+ cable lug connector the voltage improved (was 12ish before). Car is 850 t5 auto with 2003 RN & alternator(will update my signature soon. Thanks for any help.

Cheers

On 8/3/2016 at 6:45 AM, bzvolvo said:

Hi guys,

I've read on a few post back on System Voltage. I have a fluctuating System Voltage ranging from 12.9-13.4V. I dont know how this will effect my injector calibration. My question is, where does the logging get the value from? Pin A26/A27? A circuit test to these pin doesnt show any resistance. Recently i fix the B+ cable lug connector the voltage improved (was 12ish before). Car is 850 t5 auto with 2003 RN & alternator(will update my signature soon. Thanks for any help.

Cheers

Fix your voltage problem first? Your cables are probably corroded and worn.

As for voltage, the ECU has a table to compensate for voltage variation.

I'm very excited - based on @Piet's recent work, I had an idea and asked him if he could incorporate that in my bin. I wanted to make a better DEMO-vid than this one, but it was wet outside and I was on an 80km/h road, and I can't really contain myself so this'll have to make do:

Technicalities:

Based on Piet's load-by-gear mod (saw him talking about this in another thread), I basically asked him if there was room in my bin for a second mapset, one toned-down RON95 map for when I want to cheap out on gas and just go on long hauls etc, and one RON98 map for when I have proper fuel and want to show some BMW at the traffic light what my rear hatch looks like. Combined with this epic switch, we get what you see above.

Normally, switch down, I'll drive on the RON95 map (right now it's got a really weak tune because I just wanted to see the proof of concept) so I'll not have much power but won't have to worry about going WOT with cheap fuel in there. Basically this makes my car "stock" atm. Also allows me to let other people drive on vacation trips without having to worry about them poking up when they're not used to the power.

Then, switch up, it on-the-fly switches to a specific RON98 mapset (ignition timing, load request, TCV pilot and TCV limits), instantly giving me my premium tune.

I'm pretty happy with this mod. Thanks again, Piet!

Edited by Boxman
  • Upvote 2

Piet, have been waiting for ages for you to respond my last e-mail. I know I've been a little stressy but after all I need some support from you as you are the developer.

At the last reflash, I couldn't connect with ELM327 to the ECU, and also the alternative maps aren't working. Is it because of the wideband and boost threshold implementation ? I have the rev1C bin with rev1Cb ADX.

Thank you.

Must have missed your email or just have forgotten it, sorry about that!

But it's not because of the wideband or boosttreshold mod.

I see that you also have permanent logging,

With this feature the prestart listener has been shut off and with that the mapswitscher.

Also with permanent logging an ELM327 will only work with the engine shut off and not with the engine running.

If you want these features back, you have to give up permanent logging.

Edited by Piet