Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Attention: The first 30 or so pages of this thread are outdated. Please refer to the M4.4 Wikia article where all the relevant information is currently being collated. Before asking any questions p

Why did I have to PM the guy I don't know him just discovered that this guy posted my results up with my registration number After I paid a trader to do work and map my car and I find out he is advisi

Crush it.

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

I have some doubts regarding the 1600 kg/h the BMW 3,25".

I currently max the 1600 kg/h out at 5500 rpm with my EFR7064 at only ~1,6 bar of boost. Problem is, the compressor map suggests that the max flow of the turbo is at around 1500 kg/h.

Has anyone else noticed something similar?

The higher voltage parts of the graph are very steep. So small errors in de model will be amplified. So really high kg/h numbers like that (almost twice the stock ceiling) can potentially be off quite a bit. It doesn't matter much tuning wise ofc, but it can throw off rough hp guesses.

Edited by venderbroeck

Hi,

I'm in search of a m4.4 non-turbo (naturally aspirated) binary from a b5254s (20v 170hp). Specific boschnumber is 0261204293.

My aim is to create a xdf for it in order to tweak a few things.

Is the only option to unsolder and make a readout of the bin?

All motronic suite bins are turbo bins I asume..?

Anyone who have a m4.4 N/A bin for me to play with in order to learn differences in between turbo an N/A bins?  

If someone have hade a look into them it would be super helpful if they are willing to share some knowledge. What to expext?  Will the checksum plug-in work for non-turbo bins?

Best regards

turboforslund

Edited by Turboforslund
  • Upvote 1

0261204570-1037358289 is N/A B5254S I believe and has a damos file.

I don't know if I have a copy of 0261204293, but I'll check if I can find the right disk drive this evening.

Checksum is the same in all M4.4 as far as I know.

Unsoldering is the safest known method to get the file from the chip I believe. Normal KWP reading will only read last 64kB.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys. I'm really amazed how you could do so many things using the stock volvo ECU. I am from Brazil and I have a Volvo 850 t5. Thanks to you guys I managed to get my car running with the m4.4 and E100 (lucky me I have plenty of this fuel here). I am still reading all this topic, but I found something here that can be useful to me. I use right now a wideband sensor just to log, but as I saw that we can use it as a closed loop lambda control. Am I right? How can that be done? Thank you for the support :) 

5 hours ago, matmom42 said:

Hello guys. I'm really amazed how you could do so many things using the stock volvo ECU. I am from Brazil and I have a Volvo 850 t5. Thanks to you guys I managed to get my car running with the m4.4 and E100 (lucky me I have plenty of this fuel here). I am still reading all this topic, but I found something here that can be useful to me. I use right now a wideband sensor just to log, but as I saw that we can use it as a closed loop lambda control. Am I right? How can that be done? Thank you for the support :) 

• Upvote 1