Tightmopedman9

Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

4 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

UGH! Still can't connect.

I can get the pink "connecting" down in the bottom left but cant get the "connected" so that I can then log...

I cant remember from two years ago if it always said "no XDF selected" at the top left and I also cant remember if it always said "no hardware found" at the bottom left...

You need the ADX file for the logging/connection details (which you seem to have loaded).  The XDF is for the maps

Have you checked the ADX is sending the correct logging command? On my ADX definition it was sending a 't' instead of an 'l' to enable the logging.  Should be under Acquisition menu > Edit Definition, then expand 'Commands' on the left and select 'Engage Logging'.  It should be sending the byte 0x6C (mine was sending 0x74)

Edited by bomb192uk

Hi,

Are the 2 switches on the Ostrich in the right position?  They need to be correct in order to simulate the right type of eeprom.

// turboforslund

Not sure... I will look into some things this evening when I get home.

I was recording jut fine two years ago... took a long hiatus with the car and just started working on the car again and now can't connect lol. I didn't change anything... I don't know how to change anything haha...

@Turboforslund
Hey, if you remember me i was trying to flash a 444 ecu with a 609 map to put it in my 850, finnaly a working cable arived and i was able to do it, turned up on the first try no probs with immo or anything. now my car was missfiring a bit before i changed the ecu, (on full throttle over 3.5k rpm, prob coil packs, need to do my stage 0 :S) but with 4.4 it missfires more.now i had it on for a cuple of mins because i didnt like how it ran,missfires under full throttle + cel blinking, guessing thats beause it goes closed circuit and trys to use the 2.3 wot map, dont like that tbh (and just guessing) would you be kind enough to upload a 444bin for tunerpro? tomorrow trying it with motronic suit and its stock map.
also cant connect my elm reader to my m4.4 ecu, torque cant connect to ecu,what baud rate do you guys use

Hi,

Do you have an external wideband lambda sensor?  Misfire can be both lambda (to rich/lean) , spark (to big gap, reduce to 0.6mm) or software cuts off due to overboost.

I can check the 444 but I think it's not among the stock bins yet.  

I belive ELM 327 uses CAN as communication interface and M4.4 uses K-line.  Not sure it will work for those ecus.

// turboforslund

On 6/25/2017 at 3:02 AM, razorx said:

@gdog:

I ment The LDR duty cycle correction, intake air temperature table. ;)

That table is very restrictive.

You find it under turbo-related.

Aha!!  I didn't notice this before!  No wonder hooking up an IAT didn't seem to make any difference!  :ed:

Looks like filling in this table would help me stay out of knock as the ambient temperature increases.  Still not clear on what you mean by "it's very restrictive"?  Mine's disabled (all 0) right now.

There's also an "Intake air temperature correction for LDR setpoint" table; seems I should fill this in too.  I assume these values should be 0 - 0.99 range?

Edited by gdog

Is there any info on ECU part number 0 261 203 076 ?

I know its M4.4 but its for a 850 GLT LPT Manual 2.4T would i be able to drop in and go? I have a 95 850 turbo Automatic. Would egr or other checks be disabled by default on this ecu? Thank you guys.

8 hours ago, 95turbowag0n said:

Is there any info on ECU part number 0 261 203 076 ?

I know its M4.4 but its for a 850 GLT LPT Manual 2.4T would i be able to drop in and go? I have a 95 850 turbo Automatic. Would egr or other checks be disabled by default on this ecu? Thank you guys.

If you flash that ECU with the right bin, it will work.

You have to disable the egr and other non 850 parts in the bin.

You cannot plug the other ECU in without disabeling the Immobilizer. The bins on the wikia already have a disabled imobilizer.

9 hours ago, razorx said:

If you flash that ECU with the right bin, it will work.

You have to disable the egr and other non 850 parts in the bin.

You cannot plug the other ECU in without disabeling the Immobilizer. The bins on the wikia already have a disabled imobilizer.

Thank you razorx, I'm hoping to start getting into this project soon then i can offer my own input/help others. I'm good at solving issues being in IT i just have to do some more research. Any advice?

Im am an IT-er as well. Just read a lot. The M4.4 Wikia is a very good starting point.

This topic even better. I had to read the first 100 posts a few times again to understand what has been made possible. Please do the same thing and enyoy! ;)

Anyone running a 608 .bin on an automatic with the transmission select bit changed to auto? Have you noticed an occasional P0130/EFI-212? I've noticed that on some of my 608 tunes for autos this DTC will be set seemingly randomly, even when the O2 sensor is operating well within spec. 

On 6/27/2017 at 7:24 AM, Turboforslund said:

Hi,

Do you have an external wideband lambda sensor?  Misfire can be both lambda (to rich/lean) , spark (to big gap, reduce to 0.6mm) or software cuts off due to overboost.

I can check the 444 but I think it's not among the stock bins yet.  

I belive ELM 327 uses CAN as communication interface and M4.4 uses K-line.  Not sure it will work for those ecus.

// turboforslund

no wideband,sounds like missfiring tbh, maybe beause of the timing, maybe something else. my plugs are gapped right, might be the software, it was the stoćk/wlć (my c isnt wosking so i will use this latter (Ć) ). no i have the stoćk and it dosnt seem to missfire yet, but i also gave it more time to adjust at idle. ćan torque app be ćonnćted over kkl obd? what software do you guys use to read ćodes? tryed ćonneting to the eću over both motronić and tunerpro, ćant get it to work, also ćant get volfćr ćonnećted,my ćable is the ćh430 and not the ftdi,i have a ftdi ćable, but its an elm 7 unite, if someone ćould upload a mprog file of their ftdi ćable, i ćould reflashing the elm unite to kkl, might work, idk,  2ćables non working as they should...

also, i would like to add the iat sensor and not remove it in the software, how would i do that?

Edited by BlackD3vil

Hi,

I installed a AEM X-Series Wideband Gauge with LSU 4.9.

Not sure how to calculate the conversion formula for Tunerpro Logging. Never had to do it as I could adjust the scaling on the previous lambda controllers to suit what the formula was based on.

Could someone help me on that?

See attached the data from AEM.

I am using the tank pressure input.

AEM X Series Wideband Output.PNG

Looks like same formula for my AEM too.  Here's what I have from my notes:

Via your adx editor in TP you should have WB_AFR (or similar) input (VXPTE for tank pressure sensor input) under Values.  Note in the general tab this is an 8bit value, so..

2.375 * (Xbits * 5v/255bits) + 7.3125 gives you (once you multiply it out..)

(X* 0.04657) + 7.3125    // this goes into your Conversion Equation.

I am assuming you're only using this for logging and not for WB AFR control?