Tightmopedman9

Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

On 2/5/2017 at 8:15 PM, Boxman said:

The warm-up factor tables don't seem to do anything in my car. When I start in cold weather, it'll run very rich (AFR of 8-10) for the first minute or so. Warmed-up, everything is fine. Injectors are calibrated properly. I left my temperature tresholds alone for the time being, but to see if the tables have any effect at all, I zeroed all three of them, but that had no effect whatsoever.

Lowering the basic injector start quantity seems to help with the rich-start situation, though results in a somewhat hard-to-start situation once it's warmed up - hesitates a little before catching. Not too sure why, even seems to be affected if I only adjust them up to the 15C cell and leave the rest alone.

It was my understanding that these 3 warm-up factor tables would multiply the injector time by said factor depending on the coolant temperature. Apparently this is not how it works, or is there something wrong with my bin?

Should I touch the warm-up maps, and if so how should I read these?

Went through an old thread of mine - adjusting ONLY the one Warm Up Factor table was the way I got mine in line.  Aaron pointed me to this way back when.

MAF7VEchanges2Jan13_zpsbcff4f4f.png

19 hours ago, German850R said:

Thanks!

So far only for logging and making sure the conversion is correct before applying the wideband mod.

Yeah, that's why I asked about WB control.  Assume you're getting the mod from M?  Make sure you mention your WB sensor is an AEM; apparently they have a different range or something (than the sensor they originally coded to) and he'll need to make a tweak in the bin for it.  It still works w/o the tweak but your requested AFR will be slightly off from the actual.

I have both mods that are available. And of course it needs to be taken account for in the bin. This is why I follow the 2 step approach with getting the logging correct in the first place. Too bad the scaling can't be changed in the AEM controller directly.

So far, this controller performs very nicely with fast response and overall just seems like a good product.

• Upvote 1

since no one replyed and the serch function dose not work for 3 letter words, how do i hook up a IAT sensor to a 850 running m4.4? tryed figuring it out looking at the pinout for the m4.4 ecu but couldnt seem to find it, altho i did find how to hook up a baro, which is nice

On 7/8/2017 at 0:35 PM, BlackD3vil said:

also, i would like to add the iat sensor and not remove it in the software, how would i do that?

2 hours ago, BlackD3vil said:

since no one replyed and the serch function dose not work for 3 letter words, how do i hook up a IAT sensor to a 850 running m4.4? tryed figuring it out looking at the pinout for the m4.4 ecu but couldnt seem to find it, altho i did find how to hook up a baro, which is nice

this post?  I've done it.  I can walk you through it but don't have time right now; maybe this weekend i can get to it.  Or you could read  a few of my prior posts in this thread and figure it out..  :dry:

Edited by gdog

Hey guys I have a quick question. What does M4.4 do with the cam signal? VVT was not used so it's not for that, it does not need to know where it is for spark because it uses a dizzy, is it so it can adjust the timing of each cylinder? If so why can it not do so off of the knock sensors like some other systems do? I might have just answered my own question. 

9 hours ago, Calvin Sonnik said:

Hey guys I have a quick question. What does M4.4 do with the cam signal? VVT was not used so it's not for that, it does not need to know where it is for spark because it uses a dizzy, is it so it can adjust the timing of each cylinder? If so why can it not do so off of the knock sensors like some other systems do? I might have just answered my own question. 

Sequential injection and per cylinder measurement / adjustments.

Edited by Simply Volvo

On 8/2/2017 at 6:54 PM, BlackD3vil said:

how do i hook up a IAT sensor to a 850 running m4.4? tryed figuring it out looking at the pinout for the m4.4 ecu but couldnt seem to find it, altho i did find how to hook up a baro, which is nice

The 850 (at least my 1996 MY) has a connector for the IAT up front on rt side lower near the radiator and A/C rec/drier area.  The signal side of the sensor goes to A35 at the ecu IIRC.  Just get a sensor from a JY off of a M4.4. car and plug it in.

Then in TP, enable upper and lower bank "intake air temperature sensor" under the Diagnostic Disables" folder.  Under Turbo Related, there are two tables; "LDR duty cycle correction, intake air temperature" and "Intake air temperature correction for LDR setpoint".

On 8/6/2017 at 6:44 AM, gdog said:

The 850 (at least my 1996 MY) has a connector for the IAT up front on rt side lower near the radiator and A/C rec/drier area.  The signal side of the sensor goes to A35 at the ecu IIRC.  Just get a sensor from a JY off of a M4.4. car and plug it in.

Then in TP, enable upper and lower bank "intake air temperature sensor" under the Diagnostic Disables" folder.  Under Turbo Related, there are two tables; "LDR duty cycle correction, intake air temperature" and "Intake air temperature correction for LDR setpoint".

thank you good sir :D  now that i think about it you are right, i do have an extra jack i didnt know what was it used for. guessing my car will have both a baro and an iat after i find a junked 70 series. what pn is for the iat cant seem to find it , would like to chekc the price on new units

Hi guys, i have a quick question. Does anybody have Volvo S90 B6304 original .bin and .xdf for it ? Searching everywhere, but cant find any useful information.. Building S90 with T6 engine and the last thing is i need is to make a map for it..

Edited by RolandT5

I'm not aware of anyone giving away an .XDF for free for B6304.

I have not made one myself, because it is just to boring and exhausting to create one in TunerPro.
And my 960 B6304 is using Motronic 1.8, so I do not have the motivation to do it for myself.

You can download my spreadsheet in the download section to see an example of how to compare file with known Damos with unknown M4.4 file.
The file in the spreadsheet has immobilizer.  0 261 203 655 might be a better choice.

File:0261203655_1037355485_9186179_960_no_immo.bin

• Upvote 1

Anyone know from the top of their head which M4.4 pins are the injector signal pins? I'm hooking up my Aquamist system which needs to splice into there for the IDC sense. 

Even better if someone knows what colors the corresponding wires are, so I don't have to take my fusebox apart but can splice into it outside the ECU box :D

1 hour ago, Boxman said:

Anyone know from the top of their head which M4.4 pins are the injector signal pins? I'm hooking up my Aquamist system which needs to splice into there for the IDC sense. 

Even better if someone knows what colors the corresponding wires are, so I don't have to take my fusebox apart but can splice into it outside the ECU box :D

Per the Dilemma notes, these are the injector control signal pins at the ecu in numerical order:

1. A10   gr
  2. A38   gr/or
  3. A24   gr/r
  4. A23   gr/sb
  5. A9    gr/w

What MY is your car; that may affect color codes of the wires..  colors above are for '96 MY

Edited by gdog