Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

21 hours ago, Tightmopedman9 said:

14.5kg/hr when at 840RPM and ECT > 82C, if on an automatic the car must be in neutral. 

Did log , my cars idle at 18 kg/s~ 0.56volt. Why its high if my MAF inside diameter is 100mm.

Second saw my inj time never lower then 1,348 even im riding on gear downhill , i set minimum inj time to 0,05

Capture.PNG

Edited by Fruwer

5 hours ago, Reed10 said:

So does anyone have suggestions for tuning the 960, S/V90 m4.4?

See two pages back. Sep 11.

Creating XDF files is a lot of work, but if you only want to change a few values and tables then it's doable.
Most likely you can just start with the one for 5cyl turbo and change the addresses to fit your file.

I'have added a simple app for changing your MAF table into a table for a Standard 2,5" ID,     2.75" ID (S90),     3.25" ID (BMW 540I)    or    3.75" ID MAF at a single push of a button to the Wikipedia

http://m44.wikia.com/wiki/Modified_Vehicles      (Alternative Mafconvertor)

(or download it right here:   M44_MAF_Converter.zip )  

Edited by Piet

Hello guys,

i have Volvo 850 t5r (b5204T) and at one month ago i was converted ecu from 4.3 to 4.4, still have a little turbo (13G) but its refurbished and green Bosch injectors 440cc.

My ecu map is basic, but with changes stats for green injectors - its working without problems i think, but i can´t get more turbo pressure then 1 bar. I tested some other

maps tuned on 18 PSI but in my car if i cross over 1 bar, turbo pressure falling down..

Thanks for your comments.

Edited by ady123

2 hours ago, Piet said:

I'have added a simple app for changing your MAF table into a table for a Standard 2,5" ID,     2.75" ID (S90),     3.25" ID (BMW 540I)    or    3.75" ID MAF at a single push of a button to the Wikipedia

many thanks for this Piet

On 2.10.2017 at 11:49 PM, Tightmopedman9 said:

Nice to know someone took apart the ECU I sent them to post pictures online. And then some else posting the .pdf I send out with COP instructions on the web :dry:

14.5kg/hr when at 840RPM and ECT > 82C, if on an automatic the car must be in neutral. 

Sorry man i didn't know that those were your pics. I deleted those. I don't want to ruin your busines :/. 

Have to find someone in germany who could tune my car with cop.

On 10/5/2017 at 8:48 PM, Piet said:

yes i used this to scale my maf. I might need to test other maf sensor maybe my is bad . ;/

I'm having problems getting my M4.4 ECU to datalog on my vehicle. I can flash and connect to the ECU from my computer, but for some reason not connect to datalog. Any pointers would be helpful. 

I've been working on this car forever and would finally like to get it finished before my 911 is finished being turned into a 3.8 liter.  

5 hours ago, 8G5L0T said:

I'm having problems getting my M4.4 ECU to datalog on my vehicle. I can flash and connect to the ECU from my computer, but for some reason not connect to datalog. Any pointers would be helpful. 

I've been working on this car forever and would finally like to get it finished before my 911 is finished being turned into a 3.8 liter.  

Are you sure you are using the proper ADX?
are you clicking connect while the car is in pre-listener mode, KOEO
if so you might have turned it off, use the ADX to send a clear all signal.
more info on the M44 wikia.

Few questions on how some factors are used exactly in real-time fueling calculations.

1) How should I interpret the factors in the VE table? Exactly how are these values applied to the fueling/injector timing?

Is it truly a measure for volumetric efficiency (and is fueling calculated based on the change in effective volume of air), or is it a straight up multiplication factor on the injector time through some way?

2) STFT, it ranges from -100 to +100 but how exactly do these factors relate to the resulting injection time?

I'm trying to smooth out my fueling since I'm injecting methanol (not metered by the M4.4 ECU) but want to maintain the same AFR/Lambda values. Thus lambda request stays the same, but I need to correct the petrol fueling through the VE table. I plan to use the data I gathered from runs that accurately follow requested AFR and adjust the VE table with the corresponding STFT values resulting from the wideband control.

I'm just gonna keep throwing questions in here. This time it's about the accel/decel stuff in the fueling tab.

What Accel generally does is enrich the mixture on all cylinders momentarily just as you hit the throttle, to compensate for the immediate inrush of air when the throttle plate opens (the MAF is too far away hence too slow to compensate for this transient effect). Decel, likewise, will lean out the mixture upon immediate closing of the throttle plate, to avoid jerking/lurching when lifting after a pull. Again, MAF is useless here as these are results of compressional effects post-MAF.

Now, mine are obviously setup wrongly for my current setup - upon throttle blipping I run major rich, and upon lifting I'm scared for my motor mounts; adjustments in the inlet trajectory and maybe injectors probably have an effect on this.

• I see two maps, "K+L" and "DK". Since the source of this stuff is German, I guess these labels have to do with fueling, DK being "Dieselkraftstoff". Anyone know for sure? K+L could then mean "Kerosin/Kraftstoff + LPG" or something, but this is just what my imagination comes up with. I would assume we'd need to use the K+L map and "DK" doesn't do anything. Anybody able to chime in on this?
  • How to read these values? Are they straight up multiplicative factors, or an absolute adjustment in injector time? I have no idea at this point.
Edited by Boxman