Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

I quite fancy the idea of making my 2004 C70 2.0t up to high pressure.  It is currently low pressure. 

I don't want to go crazy with this car... just a quick boost tweak is all I'm looking for. 

Can someone answer the following questions and give me any other help that's necessary to complete the job: 

1. Interface cable from eBay, has anyone got a link. 

2. Software for laptop.  I've seen TunerPro... but is anything else required. 

3. Can I load a standard Volvo .bin straight to the ECU to upgrade my car from a lower output model to higher power?  If so, has anyone got that .bin file I could use? 

Either read all 460 pages of this thread or head over to http://m44.wikia.com/wiki/M44_Wiki I recommend the second. Many people have put in a lot of work to make that a great resource. Once you get a bit of basic knowledge, you can ask specific questions that haven't been answered previously. Thanks!

Is there access to the boost control mod please or is it a for specific folks? (or boostmod is it meant by part p hack)??

And Piet i recall reference to you saying you have set up methanol injection and a safe guard for it that when runs low map switches? is that correct (any more information regarding this would be greatly appreciated). 

I have been using the map switching function to aid testing with as don't have an ostrich so 4 maps at a time with logging is working nicely for me .

Edited by Phillyc2003

On 12-2-2018 at 7:44 PM, Phillyc2003 said:

Is there access to the boost control mod please or is it a for specific folks? (or boostmod is it meant by part p hack)??

And Piet i recall reference to you saying you have set up methanol injection and a safe guard for it that when runs low map switches? is that correct (any more information regarding this would be greatly appreciated). 

I have been using the map switching function to aid testing with as don't have an ostrich so 4 maps at a time with logging is working nicely for me .

Edited by Piet
  • Upvote 1

On 2/13/2018 at 8:46 PM, oblark said:

In tunerpro under idle/start up there's "Start Basic Injection Quantity" does this effect the AFR when the engine is idling ?

surely that's just regarding  warm up as in until a certain temp reached, my wide-band runs rich whilst warm up so i think it in relation to that.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m having trouble getting started with tunerpro I have tunerpro and all of the files from the m4.4 wiki but it won’t recognize my cable I’m using one from amazon that is called obdlinksx it is a obd2 to usb and it came with a license for obdwiz and that program works with my car and everything connects really simple but tunerpro rt wont ev recognize my cable 

Edited by Jameshufford