Tightmopedman9

Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

On 01/03/2018 at 9:32 PM, Jameshufford said:

I’m having trouble getting started with tunerpro I have tunerpro and all of the files from the m4.4 wiki but it won’t recognize my cable I’m using one from amazon that is called obdlinksx it is a obd2 to usb and it came with a license for obdwiz and that program works with my car and everything connects really simple but tunerpro rt wont ev recognize my cable 

Make sure that you have a simple stupid plain voltage conversion cable like the old 4.09 KKL cables. $5 should be enough.

Any smart cables like newer VAGCOM or ELM327 based OBD2 cables will not work.
OBDLINK SX is similar to ELM327 I believe.

If you have a simple cable, it is probably just a configuration problem like selecting the correct COM port.

18 hours ago, rkam said:

Make sure that you have a simple stupid plain voltage conversion cable like the old 4.09 KKL cables. $5 should be enough.

Any smart cables like newer VAGCOM or ELM327 based OBD2 cables will not work.
OBDLINK SX is similar to ELM327 I believe.

If you have a simple cable, it is probably just a configuration problem like selecting the correct COM port.

Can you tell me what cable you’re using I was thinking a nice looking 30 dollar one was the way to go but apparently I was wrong 

409 kkl on ebay or some other place.

If you order some with FTDI in the description, you will probably still get CH340 ones, but they should work also.

I don't use Tunerpro RT for this, so I can't help you with that.

On 3/2/2018 at 11:00 AM, Piet said:

In car Flashing without a stepupconverter:

Oh wow! That's so cool!
Funny how i learned this AFTER buying another set of 10 Step-Up converters.
Any info on this chip and what it did?
I'm curious to see what it's actually doing to let it flash at a lower voltage.

On 3/2/2018 at 11:00 AM, Piet said:

In car Flashing without a stepupconverter:

and replace it with a 330 ohm resistor and 12 volt zenerdiode like this:

Yeah, saw this too, but was hoping @Piet would expound on his explanation.  My concern would be a voltage spike or what-not possibly causing the ecu to go into program mode (when it was not intended) and maybe corrupting flash.  Very cool, but please elaborate on how this works..

Edited by gdog

In order to be flashed, there must be a voltage between 11.4 and 12.6 volts applied to the VP pin of the EEPROM.

The microprocessor switches the voltage on B8 through that chip to the Vpp of the EEPROM when it is put in boot mode.

Only there is a rather considerable voltage drop over that chip so the voltage should be at least about 13.5 volts on B8 for a voltage of at least 11.4 volts on Vpp of the EEPROM. Through the 300 ohm, the voltage of B36 is set directly to Vpp and the zener of 12 volts ensures that the voltage can not be too high (< 12.6 volts)

On 6-3-2018 at 1:56 AM, gdog said:

.  My concern would be a voltage spike or what-not possibly causing the ecu to go into program mode (when it was not intended) and maybe corrupting flash.  

This will not happen, because the microprocessor is put into boot mode through a voltage divider behind B8, which is a separate circuit.

With B8 not connected the microprocessor can not go into bootmode.

Edited by Piet

Is anyone running Maarten's boost threshold mod ?

Mine is set to 0.54 and is only boosting to 5 psi, what do I need to set it to get 18 psi ?

Also on Maarten's injector calibrator software does anyone no the factor, and offset fields for the conversion formula.

Thanks

The "overall fuel corrections" parameter, what does and doesn't that take into account nowadays? My definition file's description says it's supposed to be VE+other corrections, and that it's a bit-shifted value that goes haywire below 0. My logs show a clean value both below and above 1.0 though, yet it doesn't really deviate more than 10%. 

It does not align with the values in my VE map, so I assume it's a correction on top of VE map, with at least STFT in there. What other fuel corrections are added to this value?

Edited by Boxman

On 3/16/2018 at 12:43 PM, oblark said:

Is anyone running Maarten's boost threshold mod ?

Mine is set to 0.54 and is only boosting to 5 psi, what do I need to set it to get 18 psi ?

Yes, works well for me.

My "boost threshold for LDR active" is also set to 0.54 across the rpm range.  Per Maarten's description:

"boost pressure above which boost pressure regulation is active.  Below this threadhold, the TCV is not pulsed and map setpoint calculatons are not made.  Adjust this high enough that "just cruising" driving doesn't trigger LDR, but low enough that LDR stays active when you're making boost.  The stock value is generally good.  Most who want to adjust this will adjust it upwards, to avoid LDR calculations from taking place when the throttle is mostly closed, which can confuse boost control."

I.e. you don't modify this factor to increase your top boost, so I'm not understanding what you're asking.  My guess is this is not your boost issue, but you can easily disable btc to test this theory.

On 3/16/2018 at 12:43 PM, oblark said:

Also on Maarten's injector calibrator software does anyone no the factor, and offset fields for the conversion formula.

Not aware of any such software..?  There's his how-to write-up here..?

http://m44.wikia.com/wiki/Tuning_the_Injector_constant_and_dead_times

5 hours ago, Boxman said:

"overall fuel corrections" parameter

Not seeing that param in my xdf or adx...?  More info?  Feel free to PM me..

Edited by gdog

8 hours ago, German850R said:

You can just calculate the new factor, taking into account the raised fuel pressure compared to 3 bar.

For 3 bar 0.7188 works fine if the dead times are correct.

The thing is there is a bit of discussion on actual flow rates of green @ 3 bar. the .7188 factor is for 442 cc @ 3 bar. But most OE injectors flow 420 CC @ 3 and subsequently 475 or so @ 3.8/4 BAR. That would make the adjustment factor around .6631.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Best is to find the right values for your car yourself.

Venderbrouck has written excellent instructions about injector calibration. You will find them in the Wikia.  ;)

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, razorx said:

Best is to find the right values for your car yourself.

Venderbrouck has written excellent instructions about injector calibration. You will find them in the Wikia.  ;)

Yes thank you I am aware of that. The problem is I have an AFR gauge but its not installed. I am changing my 16T(straight flange) to a k24 (angle flange) and installing new downpipe. I want to have the injectors raised to 3.8/4 bar with the walbro lph255 somewhat close for the new turbo because I will install the AFR gauge along with the new downpipe and exhaust I dont want to be running the car with Improper fueling on a K24 with R mani and 3 inch exhaust, that's a recipe for disaster lol.

6 hours ago, lowkeyturbo said:

Yes thank you I am aware of that. The problem is I have an AFR gauge but its not installed. I am changing my 16T(straight flange) to a k24 (angle flange) and installing new downpipe. I want to have the injectors raised to 3.8/4 bar with the walbro lph255 somewhat close for the new turbo because I will install the AFR gauge along with the new downpipe and exhaust I dont want to be running the car with Improper fueling on a K24 with R mani and 3 inch exhaust, that's a recipe for disaster lol.

The entire injector cal process is done off-boost and at relatively low engine loads, so it doesn't matter what turbo/exhaust/etc. you have on there.  Unless you absolutely just can't keep your foot out of it..?  :a-farmboy:

Edited by gdog