Tightmopedman9

Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

Hello guys, I'd like to know if someone could point me at where I could find an original file for my C70 (ME7) B5204T3 (aka "italian" T5)

Thank you.

23 hours ago, slklite said:

Hello guys, I'd like to know if someone could point me at where I could find an original file for my C70 (ME7) B5204T3 (aka "italian" T5)

Thank you.

ME7 is VIN locked. 

Each ECU is "scrambled" differently. There is no single stock file. 

This thread is for M4.4 Development only. 

Hello, thank you for your answer.

I know this thread is for me4.4 and there isn't a single file for me7 ecus as there ces with different power range and generations.

I just thought that someone could have a similar file si i can start looking for maps...

Thank you anyway ;)

Could someone point me in the right direction on creating a XDF for my bin?  I have dumped the bin from my 98 V70 XC (ECU P/N 0261204460), but there doesn't appear to be a valid XDF that is compatible for it yet.  I would like to be able to turn off rear O2 and smog pump diag.  Any pointers would be much appreciated.  

Attached is the dump just in case its useful to anyone else.  The MD5 is 4fdd5612d7739f4a335eeb07412103ab

0261204460_dump.bin

I have, and it doesn't seem to line up exactly - the few parameters I checked had nonsensical values, including the part numbers displayed under the Bin Information. 

I did some more digging last night and did a diff between my 460 bin and the 609 bin.  I used your XDF (thank you) to jump to the addresses in the 609 bin, and attempt to find a matching section in my 460 bin.   It seems like there is roughly a 175 byte offset between the two, but not exactly the same throughout the different parameters.   Does that sound plausible?    After applying offset to individual parameters, it seems like I have plausible values for the diagnostic disables, O2 disables, and idle vs coolant temp tables. 

Thank you guys so much for all you do for the community. 
I've noticed the wiki is somewhat out of date and have taken it upon myself to clean up the formatting of the pages as well as add the Boxman turbo load tuning to the page that I've found useful. 

I'm going to continue to read through the thread and add what ever updates have come forth since the wiki was made in 2013. I won't be deleting anything however. 

Lastly I'd ask that the Binaries and Tunerpro files page be updated with hosted links as the ones on there are currently down - it appears they last were available in 2016? 
Updated ones would be great due to all the discoveries made since then. 

Hello all,

I am a long time lurker, with a 1998 v70 T5 AT.  I have a MS in Mechanical Engineering and a MS in Computer Science. I have done research focusing on intelligent algorithms for vehicle control.  While I definitely don't have the low-level programming chops that some of the major contributors have, I'm hoping to contribute to this awesome community as I tune my Volvo.  

I love the effort that has gone into the logging solution that currently exists, but I've been working on an open-source logging device based on a RPi.  I'm wanting to tie in some analog voltages with the OBDII logs without modifying the ECU and without dragging my laptop around to log.  This will (hopefully) facilitate easy log gathering and the ability to fine-tune a map based on daily driving over time.  Hopefully the attached image gets the point across -- an effective "boost curve" created over many daily drives for the tune I'm working on.

5ae7c2e6d3b6d_ScreenShot2018-04-30at9_27_51PM.png.78a0a94682a0887ed8e24c35bd095bca.png

My ultimate goal is to algorithmically optimize my tune (and hopefully anyone else's) based on these logs.

I currently have one major problem -- How do I get the OBDII command equivalent of the logging parameters in the ADX files? 

If it would be useful, here are the docs for creating custom commands for the OBDII library I'm using: http://python-obd.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Custom Commands/

@gdog, that's interesting -- I didn't know there was a separate protocol in the logging routine...

Is there any documentation of the serial protocol for the logging routine?

While it is not the best path forward, I often work with the idea of finding truth in noisy (in this case the OBDII) measurements.  Might be an interesting exercise to try to make those more useful for the generic case where some awesome hackers haven't engineered a separate logging protocol ;)

Edited by jlmcgehee21

Description of the special logging protocol that require flashing of special software to the ECU can be found on the Wiki page:

http://m44.wikia.com/wiki/Data_logging

M4.4 also has the possibility to use built in Volvo D2 protocol which is pretty close to ISO standard. 

RAM addresses of 20 byte values can be defined to be returned repeatedly 6-7 times per second.

These values will then be gathered pretty much at the same time.

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topic/171308-m44-datalogging-via-tunerprort-vag-com/

Cool, didn't know about the D2 protocol -- I was mainly referring to the custom logging that has been built as a part of the Tuners Rejoice body of work.

I've visited the wiki in the link many times, and am familiar with that specific page -- was wondering if there was more information about how I could write my own software that logs from the ECU (instead of Tuner Pro).  I'm definitely willing to hook up the Vag-Com cable and start sending serial commands then try to interpret them by looking at the ADX file, but I was wondering if there were more specific instructions/documentation anywhere.  i.e. How to parse the "35-byte delimited frame" that will come back from the logging routine?

Just open the .adx file in a text editor and you will see the formulas for each parameter.

According to the .adx file, there are 46 bytes of data in between a header 5A A5 and a footer  AA 55.

The parameters have packet offsets 0x00 to 0x2D in the .adx

On 4/25/2018 at 3:37 AM, wildstyle said:

Thank you guys so much for all you do for the community. 
I've noticed the wiki is somewhat out of date and have taken it upon myself to clean up the formatting of the pages as well as add the Boxman turbo load tuning to the page that I've found useful. 

I'm going to continue to read through the thread and add what ever updates have come forth since the wiki was made in 2013. I won't be deleting anything however. 

Lastly I'd ask that the Binaries and Tunerpro files page be updated with hosted links as the ones on there are currently down - it appears they last were available in 2016? 
Updated ones would be great due to all the discoveries made since then. 

That would be so incredibly helpful. There is so much out of date in the wiki page and it's really hard digging through this thread and figuring out what the most up to date info is.