Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

On 4/25/2018 at 2:37 AM, wildstyle said:

Thank you guys so much for all you do for the community. 
I've noticed the wiki is somewhat out of date and have taken it upon myself to clean up the formatting of the pages as well as add the Boxman turbo load tuning to the page that I've found useful. 

I'm going to continue to read through the thread and add what ever updates have come forth since the wiki was made in 2013. I won't be deleting anything however. 

Lastly I'd ask that the Binaries and Tunerpro files page be updated with hosted links as the ones on there are currently down - it appears they last were available in 2016? 
Updated ones would be great due to all the discoveries made since then. 

On 4/26/2018 at 8:50 AM, lowkeyturbo said:

I agree. Can someone who has the latest BIN and XDF re-upload them? Or are the latest ones on the WIKI?

Thank you,

AFAIK the latest files are up there.  If any are missing, pm me; I likely have copies.  Why don't we just host them on dropbox or something?

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while since I’ve posted on this forum. You guys have made massive headway since I left!

played around a bit today with tuning my 850.  But have a few questions, since it’s extremely hard to search a 450page thread.(we need a whole sub forum for this!)

Can someone point me in the direction of information regarding the mentioned Wideband regulation mod? I see that it’s best to run the wide bands analog out into the tank pressure input, is that all it is? Is there an xdf that has the modified ve table for use with the wideband

Robbie

Edited by mdlimy

On 5/27/2018 at 5:12 AM, mdlimy said:

Been a while since I’ve posted on this forum. You guys have made massive headway since I left!

played around a bit today with tuning my 850.  But have a few questions, since it’s extremely hard to search a 450page thread.(we need a whole sub forum for this!)

Can someone point me in the direction of information regarding the mentioned Wideband regulation mod? I see that it’s best to run the wide bands analog out into the tank pressure input, is that all it is? Is there an xdf that has the modified ve table for use with the wideband

Robbie

Venderbroeck or Piet are the folks you need for wideband mod .

I am hoping venderbroeck will be on soon messages sent an all that.

Edited by Phillyc2003

Hi guys

I have one question. I have change ECU firmware to 608_rev5b (I believe it's USA version of T5, manual gearbox) and after that my european T5 start just fine but shows engine error. I have check what's going on and error is related to some accelerometer. I have find accelerometer option in TunerPro and disabled it. Now there is no any error (I didn't drive car yet, but on iddling is ok) My question is, what is accelerometer in USA cars and what other differencec could appear and what should  I change to avoid any problems in future? Is there any universal and safe moded firmware whitch I can try?

One information for all- immobiliser is programmed inside flash memory. If anyone have any problems with immo (as me) just flash 608 .bin, it will disable immobiliser.

Accellerometers: Their purpose is detecting a bad road. Really!

They are intended to detect vertical acceleration. So disabeling it in Tuner Pro is not a bad thing.

And indeed you can bypass the immo by flashing a "hacked" bin. ;)

It's not even hacked, it's stock USA T5 firmware (if I understand correctly). Sad thing is that I have chage full set of Immobiliser (ECU, Immo box and keys), because of Immo failure. Twice! But always only one possible to get full set was from slowest V70 turbo, 2.4 LPT. Few days ago I have find that someone try to flash USA firmware to europe ECU to disable immo and it works. I decide to do exactly same thing, I have solder flash chip from old, broken ECU, close eye, start to pray, run flasher and... car is running :-D I'm so,so,so happy. Sad I didn't do that 2 years ago when first Immo died.

So. I can disable accelerometer and everything should be ok? Any other differences USA vs Europe ECU? And another thing- I have flashed manual version, car is automatic. What is the difference?

It is no problem to disable accelerometer diagnostics. 

There are more differencies than Europe and USA. Minor changes during the years etc. Not too exiting. ;)

The behaveour of an AT or MT bin is different. Although the base is the same. Imagine AT protection. Limits in first gear..

Can I try p-part file? what is the difference? Sorry I'm asking, but it's hard to read 463 pages in englih for me :-)
Is definition file same for 607 and 608? And if any descryption says 0: Europe Mode should I change to zero?

Edited by kwaku85
next question :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I am trying to convert my 850 2.0T MT Italian version volvo to motronic 4.4, and I wanted to ask, do I need to change any turbo settings in the hacked bin file before flashing it to the ecu? Because my 2.0T is equipped with 13g turbo. I have already changed the injectors constant for orange injectors,  and done the AC mod.

Edited by Dovydas

Any info on calculating correction factor for different MAF sizes? 

I have a BMW 3.5" MAF housing and need to calculate the factor for the converter. 

If there's a formula that is used, it would be handy to have in the wiki so others can work out any size of MAF for their car. 

inner diameter.

After some research I've come to a correction factor of 1.96 using the area of the 3.5" housing divided by the 2.5" stock housing area. 
This doesn't seem correct compared to the wiki however 

Edited by wildstyle