Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

2 hours ago, lowkeyturbo said:

Dont use the 540i 3.25 ID maf. It reads wrong for some reason 1.94 was giving me only 950 KG/Hr on a k24 at like 19 PSI.I put in the S90 MAF with 1.34 and same tune... was making 1070 kg/hr which is exactly what it should be making. BMW 540i Maf does not seem to read right.

I noticed the same a few years ago, ive still been using the 540 maf though. Personally I think it would be impossible to get the exact calibration without the maf being tested with some sort of air flow testing equipment 

1 hour ago, Avinitlarge said:

I noticed the same a few years ago, ive still been using the 540 maf though. Personally I think it would be impossible to get the exact calibration without the maf being tested with some sort of air flow testing equipment 

From what everyone, including Aaron, has said, it's because the sensor doesn't sit in the middle. I'm going to try to modify the placement of the sensor by removing material from the mounting point to center it better. 

10 hours ago, lowkeyturbo said:

Dont use the 540i 3.25 ID maf. It reads wrong for some reason 1.94 was giving me only 950 KG/Hr on a k24 at like 19 PSI.I put in the S90 MAF with 1.34 and same tune... was making 1070 kg/hr which is exactly what it should be making. BMW 540i Maf does not seem to read right.

I'll give it a go since I've already got it and see what results I get. Thanks for the heads up :-)

Oblark had an issue with the sensor sealing in the 3.25 housing. http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-54663.html

Edited by bomb192uk

4 hours ago, bomb192uk said:

I'll give it a go since I've already got it and see what results I get. Thanks for the heads up :-)

Oblark had an issue with the sensor sealing in the 3.25 housing. http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-54663.html

If I remember correctly the BMW housing doesn't have a chamfer were the sensor fits in to allow for the O ring on the Volvo sensor so I either fitted a thinner O ring or made a rubber gasket but I can't remember.

• Upvote 1

Hi i have a problem with COP mod. i was running on other ecu for 4 years all was ok .

Made new one for other car , now i have burning ignition coils.. i run car 15min coils gets very hot , i loose spark to cylinders ant coils melts.

Anyone have some tips? checked SMD all looks ok.

Hi,

As the weather getting colder here in the UK I've noticed when the car is started from cold it runs very rich (AFR of 10) 

When rev'd it doesn't pick up and when it does black smoke comes out of the exhaust, after 5 minutes of idling it runs fine.

So I'm thinking as it's now a 2.5 ltr the warm up tables need tweaking, so which warm up table needs adjusting ?

Thanks

warm up tables.jpg