Sign in to follow this  
Tightmopedman9

Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

On 2/11/2019 at 10:51 AM, black owl said:

I have a 98 v70xc.  I am trying to load this .bin but it fails to erase.  also, in tunerpro, I am using the rev5b607-608 xdf and this t5r 240hp bin does not display correctly.  thank you for any assistance!

Volvo 850 T5-R 240HP 0261203627-358234.bin

Failing to erase the flash (in my experience) is typically because the ecu voltage supply is too low.  I do mine on a bench setup and have to get the supply up over 16.2 volts before it reliably erases.  What bin you've loaded won't have any effect on erasing flash.

Also keep in mind the 60xrev5b.bin (and related) bins were designed for the 8.5:1 compression ratio engine.  Your 98 xc70 engine is 9.0:1.  I.e. the timing and other maps are going to be too aggressive stock.  Would be good to get the s/v/xc70 stock maps to start with, and then start tweaking them.  BTW starting a separate thread in Perf section is the best way to handle newbie tuning questions.  :wink:

Edited by gdog

Thank you for your response.  I am no longer trying to load the 240 horsepower bin, for whatever it's worth, I know the low voltage message you are speaking of and it was not giving me that. I have since been successful in loading a 607 bin. I'm carefully monitoring it's performance.  Do you know where I might find a stock 9.0 compression ratio bin?

On 2/13/2019 at 4:36 AM, black owl said:

Thank you for your response.  I am no longer trying to load the 240 horsepower bin, for whatever it's worth, I know the low voltage message you are speaking of and it was not giving me that. I have since been successful in loading a 607 bin. I'm carefully monitoring it's performance.  Do you know where I might find a stock 9.0 compression ratio bin?

I never see a "low voltage" message, just failure to erase; cranking up the voltage fixes it.

Take this with a grain of salt, but think you want the ignition map from the 609 or 610 bin (LPT).  Basically load in the 607/608 rev5b.bin (this will get you the logging routine but with HPT maps) into TunerPro, and then open another instance of TunerPro and load the LPT bin, copy the LPT ignition map into your first instance.  That should get you to a good starting point.

Supposedly the LPT bins are included in the MotronicSuite install; do you have that by chance?  I have Motronic Suite so I took a quick look; here's snaps of the 607 vs 609 ign map:

Edited by gdog
trying to delete images

Hi,

Use my 609-xdf together with the 609 bin. If not, all the values in the map as well as both axis will just show completely wrong values.

// Turboforslund

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Turboforslund said:

Hi,

Use my 609-xdf together with the 609 bin. If not, all the values in the map as well as both axis will just show completely wrong values.

// Turboforslund

I'm sorry I don't see the 609 files you are speaking of

Yeah, what Turboforslund said.

If you don't have motronic suite, here's a link below to the bins included with its install.  There are a couple 609s in there:

1. 0261204609_1037357528_1.BIN
  2. 0261204609_1037359880_1.BIN

Not sure what the diff is but the ignition maps should be the same.  And like Turboforslund mentioned above, use his 609.xdf when reading it in TunerPro.  I'll try to add this link to the wiki too.

MotronicBinFiles:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/abt9jb1cnqm6rc4/AAB6NuErIvdunnhJHuvGsLhKa?dl=0

@Turboforslund  So what's this about from your mod list?  :blockhead:

Pressurized 3" MAF after intercooler

Edited by gdog

On 2/15/2019 at 2:02 AM, gdog said:

@Turboforslund  So what's this about from your mod list?  :blockhead:

Pressurized 3" MAF after intercooler

It's a bit off topic, but anyway.. 🙂

That's a nice one.  I have "too big" pipes in and from the turbo (4" (100mm) into the turbo and 3" from turbo thru intercooler and manifold). Idle was crap with those volumes from MAF to manifold. 

Solution: MAF after intercooler (measures perfect even if it is in a "boosted pipe").

Bennefits: Perfect idle, Nice response, I can keep big-sized pipes for low pressure drop.

Downsides: Not good for year around use in cold climate, ice can be present in the air after the intercooler. 

My car is a summer car so there is no drawbacks for me.

I have used it for a couple of years, works epic for me!

I can use open dumpvalves together with my Turbo + Eaton Supercharger setup without issues.

// Turboforslund

• Upvote 1

On 2/12/2019 at 6:02 AM, ChristiaanW200 said:

Maybe the Auto/manual bit although there are questions about it. and for myself i have added stuff for antilagg settings. 

I have the manual and Auto setbit. 

I have the AC mod, Injector calibration for Oranges, Whites/Blues, and Greens all single click patches. Same with the stock MAF, an S90 MAF, and a 3” and 3.25” MAF Housing. 

The Anti-Lag settings from the publicly available BIN interfere with the settings from the REV6 BIN that I am basing my XDF off of. There might be a way to switch between the fuel cut and Spark Cut launch control system, but the Anti-Lag uses the Alternative map when it engages. If anyone wants to help, let me know. 

Hello. tell me there is a difference between 612.bin and 608.bin. how to disable the immobilizer in TunerPro

P.S. thank you in advance. translation googl translation

Edited by XDima

On 2/20/2019 at 12:22 PM, XDima said:

Hello. tell me there is a difference between 612.bin and 608.bin. how to disable the immobilizer in TunerPro

P.S. thank you in advance. translation googl translation

There is no current way to disable the immobilizer.  The 608 file does not have the immobiliser 'enabled' as standard.

• Upvote 1

Hi guys, can you help with a few issues I'm having?

1) My FKORR value goes between 1.4 and 1.6 at idle.  As I understand it anything above 1.5 translates to less than 1.0 (in basic terms), but the value steadily drops from 1.51 down to 1.5 then 1.49.  So according to the logic the value is swinging wildy between ~0.5 and 1.49.

This doesn't seem right especially when the VE table is is set to 1.03 and is supposed to be multiplied by the injector constant (currently 0.6953) plus  LTFT_I (currently -40us).  Any ideas?

2) I've got a DIY wideband controller from 14point7 which has the same output as a Spartan WB. The controller box has its own display which doesn't read the same as what I'm getting from the ecu stream. for example the box will read 0.96 lambda (14.11AFR) but the data says 1.00 lambda (14.7AFR).  I've checked the formula works on an spreadsheet converting the ADC value into lambda and AFR.  So what do I believe? It's quite important as I'm trying to dial in my injectors and if it's not right then everything else will be out (maybe linked to the question above).  Just had a thought, I could test the voltage coming out of the controller to see if that matches with the controller display or the ecu data.

3) When trying to dial in my injector voltage table I get the AFR to as close to 14.7 as I can with the lambda trims disabled.  Then the cooling fan kicks in and when it goes off the AFR stablises at 15.1 (even after waiting a while)

Just seems a bit of a mess at the moment and I'm not sure where to start.

Edited by bomb192uk

Further to the above I have tested the voltage coming out of the controller.  This matches what the display on the controller is stating.  The ecu was about 0.2V out (higher) which I've now adjusted for in tunerpro

I've also noticed that the voltage logged by the ecu is around 12.5V so I think I might have a charging system problem.  Will do some investigation this week.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 3:06 PM, bomb192uk said:

2) I've got a DIY wideband controller from 14point7 which has the same output as a Spartan WB. The controller box has its own display which doesn't read the same as what I'm getting from the ecu stream. for example the box will read 0.96 lambda (14.11AFR) but the data says 1.00 lambda (14.7AFR).  I've checked the formula works on an spreadsheet converting the ADC value into lambda and AFR.  So what do I believe? It's quite important as I'm trying to dial in my injectors and if it's not right then everything else will be out (maybe linked to the question above).  Just had a thought, I could test the voltage coming out of the controller to see if that matches with the controller display or the ecu data.

13 hours ago, bomb192uk said:

Further to the above I have tested the voltage coming out of the controller.  This matches what the display on the controller is stating.  The ecu was about 0.2V out (higher) which I've now adjusted for in tunerpro 

I have the same problem with my Innovate LC-2!

where are the 0.2V diff? overall-offset or only at top/bottom of ADC?