Tightmopedman9

Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

I have a question about the "rough road sensor" (accelerometer) Volvo 6842539 (listed as pressure sensor on sparepart sites)

As I have understood the sensor is to help the ECU to filter outside noises from knock events?

How well does it work? 

I ask becuse after i mounted my Engine almost totaly stiff i get random knock Readings when there should be no risk of knock event, especially if i miss a gear shift (think shift without clutch) the readings go haywire (my gearbox syncs aint in good shape)

My car was not equipted with this sensor and i wounder if I could benefit from installing one on the subframe?

4 hours ago, Xoffis said:

I have the same problem with my Innovate LC-2!

where are the 0.2V diff? overall-offset or only at top/bottom of ADC?

The offset is for the entire adc. I use the accelerometer input which shouldn't have an offset.

Been trying to get to the bottom of my fuelling issues (trying to fine tune my settings) and have found that the injectors I've got are not 470cc 😞  (although they are genuine Bosch, PN 0280156280 blue colour)

When I checked the part number on the Bosch website it seems they flow the same as the Bosch greens (0280155968) at 310g/min (N-heptane). Which converts to approx 450cc/min (for N-heptane, gasoline/petrol would be lower I guess)

The only difference is the impedance is higher at 14.5ohms vs the 12ohms of the greens.

So tomorrow it's plug in the laptop and get the settings right 🙂

Has anyone got a value of minimum pulse width (TEMIN) for the greens?

Edited by bomb192uk

Has anyone no what the minimum injector time (temin) for Bosch 550cc 0280158117 injectors  ?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, oblark said:

Has anyone no what the minimum injector time (temin) for Bosch 550cc 0280158117 injectors  ?

Thanks

Shem does I think

Temin 0.14

Constant

Dead Times

Hello everyone, I purchased the wideband mod from venderbroeck  some time ago, but unfortunately I can't get in touch with him in order to solve some issues. I will do a manual swap so I would like to convert my tune from auto to manual and also add the launch control. Is it possible to do this conversion or do I need a new tuning?

On 2/25/2019 at 2:45 PM, Xoffis said:

I have a question about the "rough road sensor" (accelerometer) Volvo 6842539 (listed as pressure sensor on sparepart sites)

As I have understood the sensor is to help the ECU to filter outside noises from knock events?

How well does it work? 

I ask becuse after i mounted my Engine almost totaly stiff i get random knock Readings when there should be no risk of knock event, especially if i miss a gear shift (think shift without clutch) the readings go haywire (my gearbox syncs aint in good shape)

My car was not equipted with this sensor and i wounder if I could benefit from installing one on the subframe?

The rough road sensor's purpose is not to filter outside noises from knock events but outside noises from misfire events. As misfiring is detected by the cranksensor that value can be misinterpreted when the rotational speed of the flywheel is influenced by rough roads.

Hi

I have problem with data logging. I try to verify connectivity to the ECU with RealTerm, but i only receive same character what i send to ECU. I tried different baud rates, but no difference.

I also can read DTC's with Vol-FCR without sending "o" to ECU.

It should be successfully flashed, because before there was some permanent rear lambda code and after flashing no more.

.bin and .xdf what i'm using are made by Turboforslund, page 307.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8tqb94wl9ezmtn/0261204609_1037359880_1.BIN?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b3cew1ud1zywbi7/rev5b_609_fox_01.xdf?dl=0

ADX is REV5TMM9AFRa.ADX, from wiki.

- OBD cable is FTDI FT232

- ECU is 458 where the modded bin is, original is 459.

- Car V70 AWD, manual, LPT ,1997

any ideas what is wrong?

Hi,

609 will not work for logging. It is only the 607 and 608 rev5 - bins that have logging features.  All other "stock bins" have no support for logging thru tunerpro.  An K-line OBD reader should get the general variables thru the "Torque" or likewise app.

// Turboforslund 

7 minutes ago, Turboforslund said:

Hi,

609 will not work for logging. It is only the 607 and 608 rev5 - bins that have logging features.  All other "stock bins" have no support for logging thru tunerpro.  An K-line OBD reader should get the general variables thru the "Torque" or likewise app.

// Turboforslund 

Ok, i thought that 609 on page 307 is made from 607 or 608 bin. So do i have to make LPT bin from those  607 or 608 rev5 bins or is there some where all ready bins for LPT engine with logging feature?

Anyone know, what trigger settings should be when running aftermarket ecu ? looked at vems settings, seems for ecumaster emu they kinda don`t work. Tried first trigger tooth #5 and trigger angle 60. Car kinda starts, but idle is around 2.5k rpm. Logs show that IAC valve stays at 50% dc afterstart, maybe 250hz freq is too much for that old bosch 3-wire oldschool ? Or my trigger settings is way off and i have so high idle coz of bunch of timing advance ?

On 3/19/2019 at 7:49 PM, O.R said:

Ok, i thought that 609 on page 307 is made from 607 or 608 bin. So do i have to make LPT bin from those  607 or 608 rev5 bins or is there some where all ready bins for LPT engine with logging feature?

Ask around if anyone has a LPT-adapted calibration of the rev5 bins.  It should be fairly easy to get it "good enough". You have both cal avaliable in tunerpro, it's just a lot of work... 🙂

// Turboforslund

21 hours ago, Turboforslund said:

Ask around if anyone has a LPT-adapted calibration of the rev5 bins.  It should be fairly easy to get it "good enough". You have both cal avaliable in tunerpro, it's just a lot of work... 🙂

// Turboforslund

I was going to do it for my 2.5 engine and strip out the mapswitching (as I wouldn't use it) but I just use the 608 instead. I may get round to it one day.  There appear to be many differences in the fuelling and turbo values between the 2.3 and 2.5 ecus

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:13 AM, KIM850R said:

The rough road sensor's purpose is not to filter outside noises from knock events but outside noises from misfire events. As misfiring is detected by the cranksensor that value can be misinterpreted when the rotational speed of the flywheel is influenced by rough roads.

Ohh! I see! will use the input for other pourposes insted then! Thanks!

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:30 PM, Turboforslund said:

// Turboforslund

Should it not just be so easy as to copy the map values from a 609 bin to a rev5 bin in tuner pro?