Sign in to follow this  
Tightmopedman9

Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

4 hours ago, Xoffis said:

Should it not just be so easy as to copy the map values from a 609 bin to a rev5 bin in tuner pro? 

Yes!

Just make sure that the load and speed axis etc. is updated too.  

// Turboforslund

On 2/7/2019 at 12:29 AM, Boxman said:

Question regarding the current state of A/C; have any additional maps pertaining to corrections on fueling/ignition/anything engine related when switching A/C been found in the past years?

Ever since I switched to M4.4 (Piet's AC mod) from my M4.3 car, my engine will show weird idling behavior as long as the A/C is on. More precisely, with A/C on, as long as I'm still rolling, but with the clutch depressed, the engine will drop down to 2000RPM exactly and idle there. Only after i've come to a complete stop, the RPM's will drop to normal ~900rpm idle after a second or so. Or i'd have to force the RPM down with with shifting to a higher gear, if I force it to 1000 RPM it will stay there.

So when driving with A/C towards a traffic light, or in erratic slow traffic where I clutch&roll a lot, I'll be idling at an annoying 2000RPM most of the time.

The one A/C correction table I have right now doesn't seem to do much, zeroing it out gives no change, and it seems like something is actively controlling the idler to target 2000rpm. Sound familiar to anyone?

Bumping this one, summer is around the corner so I'm going to be running into this 'issue' again. 😄

I will for sure do my best as well to fight this issue as soon as my car is back on the road.  I find it quite annoying.

// Turboforslund

Does anyone have injector calibrations for the vxr 470cc injectors at 3.8bar?

I've tried searching on here but can only find them for 3bar. 

Thanks

I've got them in my 850 and there isn't much info on the VXR injectors for some reason.  But not to worry as I have been digging....

What I do know is they don't flow 470cc at 3bar (petrol) despite a few sources saying they do.  They flow the same as the greens (approx 450cc at 3bar petrol) the only difference is greens are a slightly lower impedance. You can check this on the bosch website https://www.bosch-automotive-catalog.com/en/product-detail/-/product/0280156280 and here is the greens data https://www.bosch-automotive-catalog.com/en/product-detail/-/product/0280155968.

I can confirm this as I have to use an injector constant for 448cc (having first run at an injector constant for 470cc but fuel trims were out).

This means you can use the calibrations for greens at 3.8bar and fine tune to your application.  I have found an injector calculator and greens/VXR blues at 3.8bar should flow approx 505cc petrol.

Edited by bomb192uk

bomb192uk thanks for the reply. 

Good info there I didn't know that. 

I've actually just removed greens at 3.8 bar to install the vxrs instead. Using your advice I've worked off the green calibrations. Constant ive only had to adjust very slightly and I've adjusted the dead times accordingly so now idles and cruises no load at 14.7 perfectly. 

Thanks for the good info top man! 

• Like 1

Nice one! What constant are you running now? 

Its a shame that the info isn't right for the VXR injectors as I too bought them in the hope they were 470cc.

Happy Easter!

• Upvote 1

I'd have to double check the exact figure again but from the top off my head it was around the 0.63/.64 mark. 

Happy belated Easter to you too mate 

Wondering if others running M4.4 have issues with excessively rich warm-up?  Running the Piet/@venderbroeck wideband mod and I've shortened the time before it starts following WB input ( "Time for theoretical Lambda readiness" ) from around 90 seconds to just 8.  That helped but still running like 9-10 AFR during warm-up and it's not very cold here (about 40-50F ambient in the AM lately).  It's running normal AFRs within a few minutes, basically when the engine has completely warmed up.

Even when the engine is relatively warm still, it runs way richer than needed initially.  It there another table to tweak?

Based on posts in this thread (related link) I've modified "Start Basic Injection Quantity" down quite a bit.  Wondering where others' tables are who have done this.  I'm running green injectors.

BasicInjTable.PNG?raw=1

TIA!

Edited by gdog

Is anyone able to mod my bin to add a pressure sensor to one of the inputs so I could log Exhaust Back Pressure please? Ive asked Piet but had no reply

You could use the accelerometer input like I do for my wideband (you could just disconnect the accelerometer if you have one fitted to your V70). Send me a PM

Edited by bomb192uk

10 hours ago, bomb192uk said:

You could use the accelerometer input like I do for my wideband (you could just disconnect the accelerometer if you have one fitted to your V70). Send me a PM

Why not post the how-to here?  I'm sure others would be interested too.  :biggrin:

Which ecu pin is that again?

Edited by gdog

9 minutes ago, gdog said:

Why not post here?  I'm sure others would be interested too.  :biggrin:

Which ecu pin is that again?

Sorry bud, I will share any info I find, don't want to share things that don't work.

I did post the accelerometer input info on here some pages ago.  It's also been added to the M44 wikia.

It's pin B32, but that is already populated to a connector down behind the right hand headlight which saves adding a pin to the ecu connector.  I have had an issue with the output being out by what works out to be 0.2V.  The voltage out of the wideband controller is spot on so something is being done in the ecu or my formula is out.

Edited by bomb192uk
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, bomb192uk said:

Sorry bud, I will share any info I find, don't want to share things that don't work.

I did post the accelerometer input info on here some pages ago.  It's also been added to the M44 wikia.

It's pin B32, but that is already populated to a connector down behind the right hand headlight which saves adding a pin to the ecu connector.  I have had an issue with the output being out by what works out to be 0.2V.  The voltage out of the wideband controller is spot on so something is being done in the ecu or my formula is out.

Found your write-up on the wiki:

" So I've just connected the wideband output to the accelerometer connector and changed the IAT logging channel (as mine doesn't have that either) to the accelerometer channel in the bin and it is logging fine. "

But this is the part I/we might need a little more help with please?  From some of your other posts, it sounds like you're doing some disassembly?  The logging routine is monitoring 45 channels, many of them I'm sure are not critical for day to day tuning.  Sure would be nice to substitute in other, currently un-logged, channels.   :blockhead:

Edited by gdog

1 hour ago, gdog said:

Found your write-up on the wiki:

" So I've just connected the wideband output to the accelerometer connector and changed the IAT logging channel (as mine doesn't have that either) to the accelerometer channel in the bin and it is logging fine. "

But this is the part I/we might need a little more help with please?  From some of your other posts, it sounds like you're doing some disassembly?  The logging routine is monitoring 45 channels, many of them I'm sure are not critical for day to day tuning.  Sure would be nice to substitute in other, currently un-logged, channels.   :blockhead:

Indeed that is a critical bit, my apologies. I have been through a lot of the binary and disassembled some code, but my efforts at confirming some of the things I've found have been ignored, hence my reluctance to post things that may not be correct but need further testing.  I think I've found a way to disable the immobiliser in other bins.

I used the IAT channel as mine does not have an IAT sensor.  To log this you need to edit the binary in the hex editor on tunerpro and change the value at 0x7E93 from FF D9 to FB 25 (FB25 is the accelerometer value).  If you don't fancy editing the binary then you can insert a new XDF parameter in tunerpro to edit that location (set the Address to 0x7E93, the size to 2 bytes (16bit) and the output type to Hex Digits).

Then edit the IAT value in the tunerpro definition and change the name and formula to get the correct output value.

Hope this makes sense.

Edited by bomb192uk