Sign in to follow this  
Tightmopedman9

Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

On 5/13/2019 at 4:38 AM, bmkamill said:

was someone trying to get this effect?
<Video>

A Bang Bang? or more of the decel crackle? Here is one I did... It flows about 800-900KG/Hr when doing the bang bang. Must be hell for the exhaust valves.

On 6/7/2019 at 2:54 PM, versus said:

Is the radiator fan control bin available somewhere, the original dropbox link from 2014 is outdated

Ill have a XDF finished soonTM
Should have that and some more goodies.

• Like 1

Noob here have an early 98 s70 t5m.

Stage 0 ✔

Snabb fresh air pipe ✔

Custom magnaflow catback ✔

I have all software set up with ftdi driver set com1 worked with volfcr so guessing will with tunerpro?

Anyway all these parameters have my head hurting

I can hack any software, reflow mobos etc but my knowledge of the exact science behind it all is lacking.

I'm scared flash base tune in case its wrong bin for my car. Im just looking make slight adjust to boost fuel and timing. In vicinity of stock r tune?

Any help offered? Simply volvo have been following your channel and waiting for pnp on your llc site lol. Maybe I should just go with lucky at ard..

Ps heres my home made vacuum lol

Below my old b18b block b16b type r head je pistons crower rods and cams are rod bolts cometic head gasket t3/t4 turbo greddy ebc tial wastegate n bov tuned at 28psi with neptune and rc 800cc injectors. I miss Neptune!!

20190620_193006.jpg

FB_IMG_1485379460755.jpg

Edited by 98s70t5mvt

It’s quite a learning curve. Before playing about with 4.4 I had only had experience with megasquirt. It takes a while to get to know what you are doing but it’s good fun.

The Stock and Rica R tunes are nothing special at all.

If you are worried, buy a spare ecu and use that to tune, that way you can always refit your stock ecu if you go wrong or are not happy.

i would advise on fitting a bigger maf and bigger injectors to start with. Greens are a good starting point.

Was my understanding stock t5 injectors were 350cc? Most the stage 2 tunes I see ARD, IPD, VAST all say compatibile with the stock injectors and bring hpt from 10psi to 15psi. Must have some timing advancement and fuel add for high rpm. My plan originally was to go ARD green tune with ecu core to keep my stock ecu as backup. Then after watching simply channel megasquirt looked appealing. Once base is established and could be saved as backup I'd feel braver. There's a lot of resources on wiki4.4. Is anyway to download base tune from ecu save a backup then edit the .bin and save?

Can anyone explain to me the difference between the parameters 'Reset Speed of RPM Limit' (0xF284) and 'Hysteresis for RPM Limit' (0xF282).
From what i understand the Reset Speed is the RPM that the engine must drop to after hitting the 'Hard RPM Limit' for the limiter to stop.
I would assume by the name that Hysteresis is the same thing, but it's obviously not.

Discovered my ch340 kkl vag com works with vol-fcr but not tuner pro... Ordered ftdi see if can get data logging working first... 

Maybe now I can get that pesky service light reset as well!

Edited by 98s70t5mvt

Hi guys. Read this forum 100 times but cant sort out my flashing error. Ecu is from 1998 C70 2.3t engine. Im flashing this ecu with bench mode. Im getting only till stage Erase failed. Checked cable its good, opened ecu chip looks original. Tried loads of different files none working. Voltage tried everything from 14 to 16, nothing happens. Now Im out of thought so will try to get help here. So if anyone just can help me text me and I will text all info wich will be neaded. Thank you

1 hour ago, Roberts0315 said:

Hi guys. Read this forum 100 times but cant sort out my flashing error. Ecu is from 1998 C70 2.3t engine. Im flashing this ecu with bench mode. Im getting only till stage Erase failed. Checked cable its good, opened ecu chip looks original. Tried loads of different files none working. Voltage tried everything from 14 to 16, nothing happens. Now Im out of thought so will try to get help here. So if anyone just can help me text me and I will text all info wich will be neaded. Thank you

Are you sure that the cable is ok for flashing?  It might work for communication but you need the right spec to flash (I tried the "sheap ones" and it failed).

// Turboforslund

Edited by Turboforslund