Sign in to follow this  
Tightmopedman9

Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

3 hours ago, Turboforslund said:

Are you sure that the cable is ok for flashing?  It might work for communication but you need the right spec to flash (I tried the "sheap ones" and it failed).

// Turboforslund

I bought cable wich was sugest in M44 Fandom forum. Is there any chance to check with some program if its alright?

Check if all the plus cables are in place. It could be also your com ports or the flasher set up if you are using the Tuner pro. Try to flash with Motronic Suite.

12 hours ago, ArMiGer said:

Check if all the plus cables are in place. It could be also your com ports or the flasher set up if you are using the Tuner pro. Try to flash with Motronic Suite.

All wiring good, tried with Motronic aswell. Ordered new cable. Will give a shot with new one maybe mine isnt so good as I think.

Hey guy´s,

could you help me to find the correct formula for the AEM UEGO Wideband with Bosch LSU 4.9  by using tank pressure sensor pins?

Your help would be insanly helpful.

:)

3 hours ago, black855r said:

Hey guy´s,

could you help me to find the correct formula for the AEM UEGO Wideband with Bosch LSU 4.9  by using tank pressure sensor pins?

:)

Help us help you.  You'll need the analog output conversion table for this gauge which will be in the instruction manual.  What's the AEM part number?

Various manuals can be found here: https://www.aemelectronics.com/products/instructions/download

• Like 1

5 hours ago, black855r said:

Hey guy´s,

🙂

You can program the AEM wideband to behave like you want.

To me it makes most sense to do that in such a way, it behaves like Spartan-I. So it becomes a range of AFR 10 to 20  wich is lambda 0,68 till 1,36.

In the ADX for the logging you can set the conversion to: 0.68+((0.68*1.01*X)/256)

The 1.01 correction is not really neaded. 😉

Edited by razorx

@black855r  I'm assuming you're going for AFR readout for petrol fuel.

So looks like the 30-0300 AEM gauge has the same transfer function as mine, which is

1.  AFR = 2.375 * volts + 7.3125  // note the output units here are AFR, except for the 2nd term (2.375) which, if you think about it, is in AFR/volts (AFR per volts) units.  As my old algebra teacher used to emphasize, it's very important to understand what your units are in an equation.
  2. So we need to figure out how to convert that 2.375 term above into something the ecu understands, since we're hooking up the output voltage from the AFR sensor to an A/D (analog to digital) convertor in the ecu (aka the tank sensor gauge input)  which we happen know is an 8bit convertor so it has a numeric output range of 0-255 bits.
  3. Then to convert the AFR/volts term to AFR/bit, we need to multiply it by a term in units of volts/bit.  That term is 5v/256bits, which is the voltage span of the A/D divided by the bit output span (i.e. 2^8 = 256).
  4.  ==>  2.375 AFR/volts  *  5volts/256bits = 0.0464 in units of AFR/bit (rounded to 3 significant digits).
  5. AFR = 0.0464 *  x (in bits)  + 7.3125
Edited by gdog
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, gdog said:

@black855r  I'm assuming you're going for AFR readout for petrol fuel.

So looks like the 30-0300 AEM gauge has the same transfer function as mine, which is

1.  AFR = 2.375 * volts + 7.3125  // note the output units here are AFR, except for the 2nd term (2.375) which, if you think about it, is in AFR/volts (AFR per volts) units.  As my old algebra teacher used to emphasize, it's very important to understand what your units are in an equation.
  2. So we need to figure out how to convert that 2.375 term above into something the ecu understands, since we're hooking up the output voltage from the AFR sensor to an A/D (analog to digital) convertor in the ecu (aka the tank sensor gauge input)  which we happen know is an 8bit convertor so it has a numeric output range of 0-255 bits.
  3. Then to convert the AFR/volts term to AFR/bit, we need to multiply it by a term in units of volts/bit.  That term is 5v/256bits, which is the voltage span of the A/D divided by the bit output span (i.e. 2^8 = 256).
  4.  ==>  2.375 AFR/volts  *  5volts/256bits = 0.0464 in units of AFR/bit (rounded to 3 significant digits).
  5. AFR = 0.0464 *  x (in bits)  + 7.3125

Thanks a lot. That is really helpfull! 

On 7/2/2019 at 11:52 AM, Roberts0315 said:

All wiring good, tried with Motronic aswell. Ordered new cable. Will give a shot with new one maybe mine isnt so good as I think.

So I getted new cable. Now I definetly now thats its connecting to ecu, can read dtc's and to do live data on motronic suite. About flashing now its getting to new step, Erasing Flash, and failed as always. If Im disconecting B8 its just showing ,Starting To Erase flash. So I assume ecu is going to bootmode. Maybe somebody got some thoughts? Drivers Im running for cable is 2.10. Using windows 7 64bit

2 hours ago, Roberts0315 said:

So I getted new cable. Now I definetly now thats its connecting to ecu, can read dtc's and to do live data on motronic suite. About flashing now its getting to new step, Erasing Flash, and failed as always. If Im disconecting B8 its just showing ,Starting To Erase flash. So I assume ecu is going to bootmode. Maybe somebody got some thoughts? Drivers Im running for cable is 2.10. Using windows 7 64bit

Are you trying to flash while the ECU is still in the car?
(I ask because you mention live readings and DTCs)

2 hours ago, Chuck W said:

Are you trying to flash while the ECU is still in the car?
(I ask because you mention live readings and DTCs)

No, its out

Hi,

Can you make a full pinout of your bench-flash harness?  What ecu pins is powered by + and ground?  What ecu pins goes to the obd port?  i.e a full pinout.

What do you use as a powersource? 

// Turboforslund

20 minutes ago, Turboforslund said:

Hi,

Can you make a full pinout of your bench-flash harness?  What ecu pins is powered by + and ground?  What ecu pins goes to the obd port?  i.e a full pinout.

What do you use as a powersource? 

// Turboforslund

Pinout connection is same as in picture just I got ground in obd pin5, but they are sharing same ground inside anyway. Power supply is from battery with voltage increaser, I can go from 13v to 17v easy, tried in different range its always same. Whem I trying to read DTC's as soon as I connecting power to B8 pin ecu losting connection. So Im assuming ecu going into bootmode. Aswell as If im trying to flash without B8 is stucking at Strarting Erase, with B8 its going to Erasing Flash. 

Ecuconnectorschamtic.jpg

5 minutes ago, Roberts0315 said:

Pinout connection is same as in picture just I got ground in obd pin5, but they are sharing same ground inside anyway. Power supply is from battery with voltage increaser, I can go from 13v to 17v easy, tried in different range its always same. Whem I trying to read DTC's as soon as I connecting power to B8 pin ecu losting connection. So Im assuming ecu going into bootmode. Aswell as If im trying to flash without B8 is stucking at Strarting Erase, with B8 its going to Erasing Flash. 

Ecuconnectorschamtic.jpg

Good,

I hope you know it is only pin b8 that needs +15V or so to be able to flash.  All the other pins can keep the 12V supply.

// Turboforslund