Sign in to follow this  
Tightmopedman9

Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

OT: how much timing people run on e85 nowdays,  lets say with 1.8-2bar (26-30 psi) ? currently i have 20 degrees from 5k to 7k rpm on 1.8bar, still feels like torque rolls off fast from 6k rpm ;/ turbo is hx35 7 blades, so i assume it is far from limits yet

On 7/23/2019 at 10:22 AM, Avinitlarge said:

I’ve often wondered why there are so many fan settings.

I know one of the settings is for ECU temp. It has a onboard sensor and when it gets too hot the radiator fan kicks on and sucks air from the ECU box (Fan Speed 5?). One may be for fan run-on, where above a specified coolant temp, the radiator fan will stay on after the engine is shut off and key is in POS 0. (Fan speed 3?)
One other one might be when routines for engine preservation kick in. Some ECUs flood the engine with fuel and increase idle RPM and timing to reduce engine temperatures.
Set TEMP 4 to a low value and report back 😛

So I've been having an issue with my wideband values being out by 0.2V (using a Spartan controller)

I was using the accelerometer input. Tried using different grounds to no avail.

Today I switched the pin in the ecu socket to use the tank pressure input (from B32 to B31 as my car does not have that pin populated) and the wideband values are now spot on (my Spartan controller has a display built in).

Took me a while to get to this point as there is a lot of conflicting info in this thread about grounds and filters, etc.

2 hours ago, bomb192uk said:

So I've been having an issue with my wideband values being out by 0.2V (using a Spartan controller)

I was using the accelerometer input. Tried using different grounds to no avail.

Today I switched the pin in the ecu socket to use the tank pressure input (from B32 to B31 as my car does not have that pin populated) and the wideband values are now spot on (my Spartan controller has a display built in).

Took me a while to get to this point as there is a lot of conflicting info in this thread about grounds and filters, etc.

Interesting?  I generally agree there may be ambiguous info at places in this thread (as it is wide open after all) but the standard channels that have been known to work for some time are the tank pressure and the rear O2 sensor inputs.  The thing about the latter is to NOT use the rear O2 reference (ground) pin of A19 since this will cause an offset; use A18 or other known good ground reference pin instead. 

Has someone said the accelerometer input works for logging?  Don't recall hearing about it.  Not too surprised if there's some signal conditioning circuitry in there for that channel.

On 8/30/2019 at 2:45 AM, gdog said:

Interesting?  I generally agree there may be ambiguous info at places in this thread (as it is wide open after all) but the standard channels that have been known to work for some time are the tank pressure and the rear O2 sensor inputs.  The thing about the latter is to NOT use the rear O2 reference (ground) pin of A19 since this will cause an offset; use A18 or other known good ground reference pin instead. 

Has someone said the accelerometer input works for logging?  Don't recall hearing about it.  Not too surprised if there's some signal conditioning circuitry in there for that channel.

There are a few posts about the Spartan controller and the issue with output impedance, someone had an issue and built a low pass filter to condition the signal. The wiki also doesn't state anything about the issue with the Spartan controller, I'll add something. Though from how quiet this thread is nowadays it seems people have moved on?

In the end it was a post I found from Venderbroeck saying that the tank pressure input had the best result for the Spartan controller as the non-linearity was non existent on that channel. Yeah I knew A19 had an offset (0.7V if I recall) so I was using the accelerometer ground as the connector was already wired in and my 850 doesn't have the accelerometer, then I tried A18, then I swapped the pin to the tank pressure input which worked.

Yes the accelerometer channel does work for logging, just needs some code adding to the binary.  I've also got the barometric sensor channel working as some code is needed to switch the channel

Edited by bomb192uk
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bomb192uk said:

Yes the accelerometer channel does work for logging, just needs some code adding to the binary.  I've also got the barometric sensor channel working as some code is needed to switch the channel

Good stuff!  You could add instructions on how to use these channels here and on the wiki too.

1 hour ago, bomb192uk said:

from how quiet this thread is nowadays it seems people have moved on?

Yeah, a bit sad, but it's up to the rest of us to keep it going, as best we can..  :rolleyes:

Edited by gdog

On 9/4/2019 at 7:32 PM, ChristiaanW200 said:

so, just a thought. would it be possible to use mapswitching with different voltage's? i.e. 0v map 0, 4v map 1, 8v map 2, 12v map 3? 

Anything is possible 🙂 

It's just getting the code written and working that is the problem.

Correct me if I'm wrong but as I understand it the mapswitching is in the pre-start routine so would need something setting up to run in the running engine routine.  The problem then is when a map is switched would this affect the program and/or cause issues with the engine.  Or maybe I'm just overthinking it.

Just a quick question.

Both my wife's '97 GLT and my '97 T5 are running flashed ECUs. For the most part everything is groovy, but sometimes when you go to start either car, the engine will stumble right after start and the  CEL will flash. It will then clear up and act normal. 80% of the time it will fire up just fine.  No DTCs are being stored, and the cars run great.

Is this common, or do we have something else happening?

I want to go slower, way slower than you guys....
I have a little project that wont make any sense to anybody outside of Sweden that does not know about our fabulous things called "A-traktor". I need to limit my top speed to 30km/h (18mi/h) and I am looking into the possibility to use the original ECU to do this for me. The car in question is a v70 2,4T AWD with automatic transmission built in 97 with an ecu with the number 0261204609.
But since I am new to this software and I am not that interested in ruining a working ecu I thought that I should ask before I do something stupid...
When I open up a bin-file that I think is a standard one and look at the "max speed" parameter there is a value I don´t think is resenoble (speed limit soft 60/hard 74). Is this a value I have to convert with some factor? Or is it a limit that is not used in some kind of way?
I have also looked on another bin-file where the value is over 220 but I don´t know why because I thought that also was a standard file..

Tunerpro v5,00
XDF rev5b
bin I THINK is supposed to be stock : 0261204609_1037357528_1 or 0261204609_1037359880_1 (don´t know if there is any difference between them, speed limits is the same.) 
Bin with the high speed limit:0261204607_1037359868_0 
Everything sourced from the links in the wiki.
Am I using the completely wrong files? 

13 hours ago, Chuck W said:

Just a quick question.

Both my wife's '97 GLT and my '97 T5 are running flashed ECUs. For the most part everything is groovy, but sometimes when you go to start either car, the engine will stumble right after start and the  CEL will flash. It will then clear up and act normal. 80% of the time it will fire up just fine.  No DTCs are being stored, and the cars run great.

Is this common, or do we have something else happening?

Not common AFAIK.  What's entailed in "flashed ECUs"?   Do you have anyone's mods incorporated?

1 hour ago, gdog said:

Not common AFAIK.  What's entailed in "flashed ECUs"?   Do you have anyone's mods incorporated?

The wife's ECU is the std VS -607 bin that was modded for the '97 GLT(-936) AirCon controls by Piet. No mods incorporated. Just the adjustments to the fuel/ignition/turbo maps for the LPT starting point. (Copy/paste stuff from the -936 bin)
My '97 T5 has the std VS -607 bin currently, with only minor boost tweaks. No other mods.

Both have the changes made for running different injectors (Blues in hers, greens in mine) and the standard diagnostic disables.

Been too busy with house and new baby stuff to do much more messing about at the moment.

On 9/7/2019 at 12:42 AM, bomb192uk said:

Anything is possible 🙂 

It's just getting the code written and working that is the problem.

Correct me if I'm wrong but as I understand it the mapswitching is in the pre-start routine so would need something setting up to run in the running engine routine.  The problem then is when a map is switched would this affect the program and/or cause issues with the engine.  Or maybe I'm just overthinking it.

There is LPi mapswitching right? so it should work "on the fly"