Tightmopedman9

Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

There are two different types of green injectors:

413 and 440 cc

what are people using for a vag-com cable now a days?  Id like to start messing with my 960 m4.4 ..  the link on the wiki for the cable is dead 

On 4/19/2020 at 10:21 PM, dirtzuk said:

what are people using for a vag-com cable now a days?  Id like to start messing with my 960 m4.4 ..  the link on the wiki for the cable is dead 

Just cheap ebay ones will do the job but it's hit and miss. Ideally one with the FDTI chip in it as people tend to have problems with the CH340 based ones, although mines CH340 and works fine.

On 4/19/2020 at 2:21 PM, dirtzuk said:

Search for "FT232RL" on eBay.  There are $10 ones that work fine.

Anyone know if I can plug in volfcr without issues using Aarons tune?  

PDF I have from last year doesnt mention anything about reading codes or volfcr.   
m4.4 

good question and i forget the answer - because i have had the same issue in the past. 

:lol:

I know you have, I ran across your post last night looking. 

I saw some posts talking about m4.4 and volfcr dont mix so im like 🙃 

lol

13 hours ago, RobT5M said:

Anyone know if I can plug in volfcr without issues using Aarons tune?  

PDF I have from last year doesnt mention anything about reading codes or volfcr.   
m4.4 

Aaron would be the source of truth obviously, but here are some posts about my experience w/volfcr and M4.4 self-tuning:

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topic/173299-vol-fcr-problems/

6 hours ago, gdog said:

Aaron would be the source of truth obviously, but here are some posts about my experience w/volfcr and M4.4 self-tuning:

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topic/173299-vol-fcr-problems/

Bud ❤️ 

Thank you, that should help me out a lot.   
Airbag light has been on for like 2 years now so it'll be lovely to finally have it off.    

Thought this may be of use to someone, I created a 'checksum' plugin with the TunerPro SDK that duplicates the shared lower/upper bank data when the bin is saved.

This means that instead of having two items in TunerPro for any of these duplicated data/tables/etc, you simply just set it up with the lower bank address and it'll automatically be duplicated to the UB (& re checksummed) once you save the file. As the TunerPro SDK isn't redistributable I can only share the bin, however it's nothing special and just copies 0xEF2C - 0xFC16 to 0x1EF2C 0x1FC16 (607 bin, haven't checked the addresses for the 608 bin but can do if anyone needs) then re-calculates the checksum bytes. You just need to set it up in the xdf the same way as the current checksum plugin.

Also uploaded the latest version of my IDA DB which I've done a load more work on, particularly adding cross references for indirectly addressed memory (RAM, URAM (added another segment for this which wasn't there before, its the upper 128 bytes of the CPU ram that can only be indirectly addressed due to the SFRs using the same addresses for direct addressing) & XRAM) (was a wild ride coming to grips with the indirect addressing in the 8051 CPU haha) and also setup structures for alot of the map tables to document them easier based on their configuration from the DAMOS (table layout, leading bytes, different eeprom/non eeprom headers, map table addresses, e.t.c.).

Both the above can be found here

• Upvote 1