Tightmopedman9

Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

I have one of Aaron's modified ecu's and have been able to use volfcr. Just had to change com# in device manager then change it back after.

Also can use elm327 bluetooth with dashcommand to read/clear codes I doubt will work for srs codes though.

Has some nice gauges for calculating hp and tq although im not sure on its accuracy.

Edited by 98s70t5mvt

On 4/18/2020 at 7:17 AM, bomb192uk said:

I wouldn't bother going back to oranges.  Just tune the injector constant and the dead times to the greens.

Greens flow approx. 413cc at 3bar.  The injector constant for this should be 0.7656250.

Then you will have to tune the dead times but for this you'll need a wideband O2 sensor.  Some people have posted their dead times for greens on this thread, but they all differ for various reasons so be wary of using them.

More info on tuning injectors here https://m44.fandom.com/wiki/Tuning_the_Injector_constant_and_dead_times

Definitely get this sorted as the wrong fuelling can cause issues especially when the engine is under load

Is there a performance advantage to using greens over oranges with the stock turbocharger? I do plan on sticking with the greens once I have enough free time to calibrate them properly and upgrade the turbocharger.

Been doing some comparison on the 607 vs 608 binary as regards to what differs (although I know most accept now to use 608 and simply toggle the KONFIG bit for auto/manual trans, however unfortunately I started my dissassembly with 607 so cba to start over with 608 haha).

Majority of the changes are slight differences in ROM vars/maps (as expected) (pastebin link here for all but a few of the changed vars I've tracked - they're based on var names in my IDA DB which with the exception of a few follow the DAMOS naming).

However code wise I can't really see anything significant but the biggest (or rather commonly occuring, 45x) is in the autos when setting SCL 0xE012 (injector number to be triggered I believe?) it loops until SCL 0xE010 != 0xFF before continuing, whereas on the manuals it doesn't care if SCL 0xE010 is 0xFF before carrying on its merry way... Anyone know the significance of this? (Perhaps unrelated to auto/manual and simply a code revision that added/removed this?).

• Upvote 1

On 5/14/2020 at 2:34 PM, bmkamill said:

Unfortunately, you cannot download the checksum plug-in from this page anymore.

Dropbox link

8 hours ago, ChristiaanW200 said:

yes. the oranges max out pretty fast even with stock turbo. 

Maxed mine out with 16t.

Same with maf.

Edited by 98s70t5mvt

On 4/18/2020 at 7:17 AM, bomb192uk said:

I wouldn't bother going back to oranges.  Just tune the injector constant and the dead times to the greens.

Greens flow approx. 413cc at 3bar.  The injector constant for this should be 0.7656250.

Then you will have to tune the dead times but for this you'll need a wideband O2 sensor.  Some people have posted their dead times for greens on this thread, but they all differ for various reasons so be wary of using them.

More info on tuning injectors here https://m44.fandom.com/wiki/Tuning_the_Injector_constant_and_dead_times

Definitely get this sorted as the wrong fuelling can cause issues especially when the engine is under load

Ahh I found my issue i think, I have a feeling mine flow around 440-450 because my car now has stable AFRs with a constant of 0.7159, I was using the constant you mentioned prior.

Anyone else having issues with the COP harness?  I have been getting miss-fires in the morning on cold starts.  It corrects itself after the engine warms up a little.  At first I thought it was a bad coil, but I found if I physically lift the harness the miss-fire goes away.  I don't see any physical damage to the wires, but I can't tell if it is a plug issue.

15 hours ago, Zappo said:

Anyone else having issues with the COP harness?  I have been getting miss-fires in the morning on cold starts.  It corrects itself after the engine warms up a little.  At first I thought it was a bad coil, but I found if I physically lift the harness the miss-fire goes away.  I don't see any physical damage to the wires, but I can't tell if it is a plug issue.

Was the harness new or was it from another car?

17 hours ago, SheaBae said:

Ahh I found my issue i think, I have a feeling mine flow around 440-450 because my car now has stable AFRs with a constant of 0.7159, I was using the constant you mentioned prior.

Sounds like you have it sorted :)

23 hours ago, jenksta said:

Been doing some comparison on the 607 vs 608 binary as regards to what differs (although I know most accept now to use 608 and simply toggle the KONFIG bit for auto/manual trans, however unfortunately I started my dissassembly with 607 so cba to start over with 608 haha).

Majority of the changes are slight differences in ROM vars/maps (as expected) (pastebin link here for all but a few of the changed vars I've tracked - they're based on var names in my IDA DB which with the exception of a few follow the DAMOS naming).

However code wise I can't really see anything significant but the biggest (or rather commonly occuring, 45x) is in the autos when setting SCL 0xE012 (injector number to be triggered I believe?) it loops until SCL 0xE010 != 0xFF before continuing, whereas on the manuals it doesn't care if SCL 0xE010 is 0xFF before carrying on its merry way... Anyone know the significance of this? (Perhaps unrelated to auto/manual and simply a code revision that added/removed this?).

Nice work dude!

I guess comparing with other auto binaries may give us more info on that difference.

Harness was new.  Came with the ECU when I bought it.

For anybody interested, in my 850 I've used the HFM-5 MAF and 2.5bar TMAP sensor from an ME7 (T6 XC90 as I have 2 breakers...).

Conversion factor for the MAP sensor is below (figure is in PSI with atmospheric pressure subtracted).

((270.59 * (X / 255)) / 6.895) - 14.7

As for the HFM-5 MAF, on the 850 MAF it has 2 grounds (pwr gnd+sig gnd), 12v and signal whereas on the HFM-5 it has 1 ground, 12v, signal and 5v ref (+NTC bulb on certain sensors).

Due to this I had to run a 5v feed to it from the ECU (to save extra wire routing I cut the original MAF power ground from the ECU socket and used that as my 5v ref), also after alot of messing I figured out there is a voltage offset in the ECU for the original MAF (I later found Boxman mention this in this thread actually - here) so for a simple solution I swapped the MAF signal pin with the accelerometer signal pin and then changed the bin to use the accelerometer ADC chan for the MAF instead of the original MAF one.

Voltage to flow table I extracted from the T6 bin and used as-is (minus the additional 256 values due to higher resolution in ME7) and seems to work fine so far.

This MAF should flow to around 1250kg/h-ish so should be fine for my needs at the moment (TD04HL-20T).

• Upvote 1