Tightmopedman9

Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

I'm trying to change the injector calibration to go from bosch blues to greens. I can not get the "injector opening time by voltage" to save. As soon as I hit save it closes the pop up and as soon as I reopen it, no change.

28 minutes ago, galexie64 said:

I'm trying to change the injector calibration to go from bosch blues to greens. I can not get the "injector opening time by voltage" to save. As soon as I hit save it closes the pop up and as soon as I reopen it, no change.

Are you saving the binary as well (File>Save Bin)?

37 minutes ago, bomb192uk said:

Are you saving the binary as well (File>Save Bin)?

It's not saving even before I exit the program. If I close the window and reopen all the changes I make go away. I'm able to save changes I make in other windows.

What values are you trying to change from and to? It could be an issue with the step size as the injector opening voltages go in 0.0195V steps.

Edited by bomb192uk

For anyone interested, I tune with adaptive knock on as it's my daily (full flashes no ostrich), so got sick of having to keep pulling battery/ecu to reset the adapative knock/fuel trims/etc when tweaking.

Figured out if you set FLGINI (FLAG4.0 - initialization indicator) & clear the power fail counter (XCKPF0), it'll clear everything for next engine start and achieve the same as a full power down. I set this up to work with the pre start listener 'Clear all (0)' command so you can run it when needed (ign on - engine off) via TP or terminal, code is below (patch with hex editor or setup a patch in TP).

patch @ 0x8985

02 8A AB 00

patch @ 0x8AAB

90 FD CB F0 90 FA F4 F0 D2 40 02 89 89

Edited by jenksta
  • Upvote 1

Just a FYI for beginners like me, I noticed all of the rev5 bins on https://m44.fandom.com/wiki/Binaries_and_TunerPro_Files have the 'injector opening time by voltage' set to Blue/White. Not sure if it's a huge issue as I ran it like this for a couple of days with my Orange injectors before I realized 😄, but I saw Simply's post about orange injectors running at over 100% duty not being good. Also, I've searched this topic pretty thoroughly and didn't see a mention so I thought I'd chip in.

Also also, when running a 3" throttle body with RIP kit that has 2.5" tubing, is there a magic number for 'TPS for WOT detection'? I assume it does require some level of tuning.

15 hours ago, Wolf96r said:

Just a FYI for beginners like me, I noticed all of the rev5 bins on https://m44.fandom.com/wiki/Binaries_and_TunerPro_Files have the 'injector opening time by voltage' set to Blue/White. Not sure if it's a huge issue as I ran it like this for a couple of days with my Orange injectors before I realized 😄, but I saw Simply's post about orange injectors running at over 100% duty not being good. Also, I've searched this topic pretty thoroughly and didn't see a mention so I thought I'd chip in.

Also also, when running a 3" throttle body with RIP kit that has 2.5" tubing, is there a magic number for 'TPS for WOT detection'? I assume it does require some level of tuning.

I've Added some notes on injector types and tidied up that page a little.

As for the 'TPS for WOT detection', someone correct me if I'm wrong but that's simply the throttle position at which the ECU acknowledges you want full throttle and begins using the 'WOT enrichment' table/cells. As the general consensus is not to use this table then you shouldn't need to touch that for basic tuning.

What turbo for 400+? 
I currently have a hybrid td04hl-23t 
but it gets up late and swells at high speed.
Edited by bmkamill
  • Downvote 1

1.  Use a bigger font. 
  2.  i think a 23 should be good for 400+ so what else have you done
  3. not the right topic since its not ecu related
Edited by ChristiaanW200
  • Like 1

I was logging a highway run to try and figure out why my CEL comes on under WOT or near WOT then turns off once not in WOT. One thing I noticed during the entire run is that the PSI and AFR values didn't change at all, is that normal? I would expect the AFRs to change somewhat and the PSIs to definitely change (max psi is 12). I want to get my idle AFR at 14.7 but don't want to mess with it if tuner pro just isn't reading it right.

2ed gear No CEL:

beforeCEL.thumb.png.b14e111b0a706a2567d0d6b8475b0638.png

2ed gear CEL on:

CEL.thumb.png.0878cbc660c0b7b48ae507bce261aa49.png

Edited by SheaBae

45 minutes ago, SheaBae said:

I was logging a highway run to try and figure out why my CEL comes on under WOT or near WOT then turns off once not in WOT. One thing I noticed during the entire run is that the PSI and AFR values didn't change at all, is that normal? I would expect the AFRs to change somewhat and the PSIs to definitely change (max psi is 12). I want to get my idle AFR at 14.7 but don't want to mess with it if tuner pro just isn't reading it right.

2ed gear No CEL:

beforeCEL.thumb.png.b14e111b0a706a2567d0d6b8475b0638.png

2ed gear CEL on:

CEL.thumb.png.0878cbc660c0b7b48ae507bce261aa49.png

The CEL is on to indicate current/adaptive knock (hence the ignition retard values on the right). The AFR/Boost values will only update if you have the sensors hooked up and configured correctly in TunerPro. Have a read through the wiki to find out how to do so. 

1 hour ago, jenksta said:

The CEL is on to indicate current/adaptive knock (hence the ignition retard values on the right). The AFR/Boost values will only update if you have the sensors hooked up and configured correctly in TunerPro. Have a read through the wiki to find out how to do so. 

Ah yes after logging I figured the CEL is from the car running to lean, but I actually didn't know it got its AFR values from the rear O2....I don't have a rear O2 sensor.

I turned the front O2 sensor voltage gauge into a AFR gauge on tuner pro (i hope) by having the equation, unit, and data type match that of the wide-band gauge. Not sure if that is actually giving me an AFR reading as it fluctuates between 12.x and 17.x 

12 hours ago, SheaBae said:

Ah yes after logging I figured the CEL is from the car running to lean, but I actually didn't know it got its AFR values from the rear O2....I don't have a rear O2 sensor.

I turned the front O2 sensor voltage gauge into a AFR gauge on tuner pro (i hope) by having the equation, unit, and data type match that of the wide-band gauge. Not sure if that is actually giving me an AFR reading as it fluctuates between 12.x and 17.x 

On our cars the O2 sensors are narrowband so can only read approx. 14 to 15 AFR (hence why your readings are going between 12 and 17 using your equation).

You would need to fit a wideband sensor and controller to read a wider AFR range (to a separate gauge, you would need to modify the ecu binary to add it to the logging).

Edited by Dangerous Dave
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Dangerous Dave said:

On our cars the O2 sensors are narrowband so can only read approx. 14 to 15 AFR (hence why your readings are going between 12 and 17 using your equation).

You would need to fit a wideband sensor and controller to read a wider AFR range (to a separate gauge, you would need to modify the ecu binary to add it to the logging).

Wow i feel dumb, I just assumed Volvo used widebands due to the insane price of the sensor, also was completely ignorant to the fact you need an interface to actually read the AFRs. Just bought a super cheap used Innovate LC-1 off ebay, seems outdated but its plug-n-play on tunerpro, even has a plug-in....guess ill find out if I wasted money.