Tightmopedman9

Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

18 hours ago, SheaBae said:

Wow i feel dumb, I just assumed Volvo used widebands due to the insane price of the sensor, also was completely ignorant to the fact you need an interface to actually read the AFRs. Just bought a super cheap used Innovate LC-1 off ebay, seems outdated but its plug-n-play on tunerpro, even has a plug-in....guess ill find out if I wasted money.

Don't worry, I made the same mistake years ago when I tried to hook up an AFR gauge to my narrowband. It's just part of the learning curve.

I guess that back in the 90s wideband sensors were expensive and possibly not as reliable or available as a narrowband? or maybe the control technology was too expensive? Would need to research it for better clarification.

The wideband sensor uses a different heater control method to the narrowband hence why a controller is needed (where if you hooked up the wideband direct to the ecu it wouldn't work properly and may even cause some damage).

• Like 1

On the tuner pro 4.4 is there a way to disable the air intake control signal so it doesn't give a mil light , I have removed mine pipework wise and even with it left pluged in it throwing a code due to engine manually controlled via idle screw not IAC ?? I am assuming it's a possible in hex but don't no where to look at present ?

On 6/19/2020 at 4:37 PM, Phillyc2003 said:

On the tuner pro 4.4 is there a way to disable the air intake control signal so it doesn't give a mil light , I have removed mine pipework wise and even with it left pluged in it throwing a code due to engine manually controlled via idle screw not IAC ?? I am assuming it's a possible in hex but don't no where to look at present ?

Look in the Diagnostics Disables. Change both banks.

There is not a diagnostic disable in tunerpro for the idle control valve. I've had a look through the damos and unfortunately I can't see a diagnostic disable for the IAC. So it maybe possible to be do in the code somehow

Edited by Dangerous Dave

On 6/19/2020 at 9:37 PM, Phillyc2003 said:

If its just the error lamp/MIL you want to disable, set 0xF3AB (IAC open fault) & 0xF3AC (IAC close fault) to 0 in the upper & lower banks.

• Upvote 1

On 6/30/2020 at 2:55 PM, jenksta said:

If its just the error lamp/MIL you want to disable, set 0xF3AB (IAC open fault) & 0xF3AC (IAC close fault) to 0 in the upper & lower banks.

Can't locate that in the hex edit ? Any other info on it !

1 hour ago, Phillyc2003 said:

Can't locate that in the hex edit ? Any other info on it !

You should be able to add four new scalars in tunerpro (right click parameter list and click "insert new XDF parameter") and set the addresses to 0xF3AB, 0xF3AC, 0x1F3AB and 0x1F3AC and name them IAC open fault, IAC close fault, IAC open fault (upper bank), IAC close fault (upper bank) respectively.

They should all be set to 1, change them to 0 to disable the MIL coming on.

Edited by Dangerous Dave
  • Upvote 2

On 6/30/2020 at 2:55 PM, jenksta said:

Can the MIL lamp be disabled for MAF error codes ?

The reason I ask is I keep getting error code EFI-355 ( mass air flow sensor fault ) I've tried fitting aftermarket, secondhand and OEM sensors but after a day or two the fault code comes back. The sensor is working perfectly OK.

Thanks